[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"

Try using Zealots Oath + Stone golem. This will make it much easier for you to sustain the ES cost of the skill early on :)

Does ZO provide continuous regen or does it have to wait for the ES 2 second delay after taking damage?
"
Masauwu wrote:
"

Try using Zealots Oath + Stone golem. This will make it much easier for you to sustain the ES cost of the skill early on :)

Does ZO provide continuous regen or does it have to wait for the ES 2 second delay after taking damage?

ZO converts life regen to ES regen, so it is a continuous regen.

Do note that it is dependent on how much %life regen + life regen from any other sources that you have, so dont expect it to regenerate extremely fast like the normal ES recharge rate
You guys have to slow down to cast the Totems, you cannot spam nonstop like Bloodmagic fire totems. My current ES is 1,144 and i can cast 11 totem nonstop (also have Vaal discipline in case if i ran out of ES). Also using Stone golem to life regen problem

Doing 13k dps with 4L and with 3 charges i can hit 18k (with shiti dagger), can hit higher once i have at least 5L/6L and better dagger.

Here is my current gear (in case anyone interested)

Spoiler

"
commonjunks wrote:
You guys have to slow down to cast the Totems, you cannot spam nonstop like Bloodmagic fire totems. My current ES is 1,144 and i can cast 11 totem nonstop (also have Vaal discipline in case if i ran out of ES).

There are certain situations where my ES doesn't have a chance to regen for a while. Last night i died during the final seconds at cruel Izaro because his ranged volley spam kept my ES empty at the worst time possible (room filled with traps so i didn`t have where to run). Also there are some Perandus chest mobs that simply decimate the totems very quickly, but at least you can just run away from those.

edit: Maybe Vaal Discipline can help in some cases? (soul charges are reset when entering Izaro's room though)
Last edited by Masauwu on Mar 10, 2016, 5:17:14 PM
could this work with BM keystone instead?'
or is to far away?
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
or is to far away?

Too far away from critnodes tbh, also takes aways hatred and herald.

Personally, after a lot of testing, I feel this build has potential but is definitely not a beginners build, as it requires dodging skills beyond dark souls and knowledge of enemy skills like almost no other build, as every hit you take is a DPS loss.

Here is how I handle Perandus tornado mobs: first clear a somewhat safe area around them (hell if you are in Malformation or phantasmagoria..) curse them as you approach, then whirling blades clockwise around them ( their shots miss you) cast a shcokwave totem at maxdistance against your rotation, OUTSIDE! of the mob pack( else they get aoe cleared immidiately), continue whirling blading, dodging, and take health potions when damaged, summon additional shockwave totems as often as possible as they will take aggro after a couple hits and die. You really need to get a feeling for whirling blades. When in narrow spaces travel along the walls and never stand still except for casting a single shockwave totem.

I do not have carcass or divinarius yet but they would help immensely as you would be able to summon a shockwave totem outside of the group fairly save and still take a portion of it down.
"
Microchaton wrote:
85 atm, crushing everything, a bit fragile against some things (some beyond megabosses can be pretty annoying). Nearly everything is a breeze. I've yet to die in a map, even though I died 3 times on fucking Maligaro merciless (and once on Malachai). Only getting to T10 maps tho.

Mind linking your gear matey? :)
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
or is to far away?

It is too far away unfortunately, and besides being able to run Hatred + Herald of Ash are major damage contributors for this build =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Mahjiza wrote:
"
Microchaton wrote:
85 atm, crushing everything, a bit fragile against some things (some beyond megabosses can be pretty annoying). Nearly everything is a breeze. I've yet to die in a map, even though I died 3 times on fucking Maligaro merciless (and once on Malachai). Only getting to T10 maps tho.

Mind linking your gear matey? :)

Spoiler

In the process of getting a good ventor's gamble to replace the Heup...Then getting a 2nd Divinarius and 6Linking the Carcass Jack.
Last edited by Microchaton on Mar 10, 2016, 7:53:00 PM
Gear is almost done, need to do at least 5L my chest now

Was able to grab Divinarius for 3118coins from chat.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info