Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
ivanius wrote:
why take crit nodes if u run controlled destruction???

CD reduces your critical strike chance by only 5%, while giving multiplicative 40%+ more dmg, which makes it worth it in endgame with very high crit values.
I'm running this build as Assassin, any particular adjustement that come to mind ?

Additionally, what jewels should I be looking for in particular, totem damage + spell damage combo ?

Using Hatred, Herald of Ash, Physical to Lightning, Added fire... What kind of "skill" is Shockwave Totem considered ? Do modifiers like "reduced mana cost for Lightning skills" apply ? Does "increased cast speed/damage" with lightning skills (or others) work at all ? Do +% Physical damage modifiers affect the bonus damage granted by Hatred or Added Fire ?
"
Microchaton wrote:
I'm running this build as Assassin, any particular adjustement that come to mind ?

Additionally, what jewels should I be looking for in particular, totem damage + spell damage combo ?

Using Hatred, Herald of Ash, Physical to Lightning, Added fire... What kind of "skill" is Shockwave Totem considered ? Do modifiers like "reduced mana cost for Lightning skills" apply ? Does "increased cast speed/damage" with lightning skills (or others) work at all ? Do +% Physical damage modifiers affect the bonus damage granted by Hatred or Added Fire ?

shockwave totem is physical spell, so reduced mana cost with lightning skills, cast spd/dmg with lightning skill will not work

+%physical and spell dmg is best, since your hatred and added fire scale off the original phy dmg, its essentially double-dipping...+% elemental dmg is less effective as it only scales the elemental portion
"
"
reliq wrote:
"
bau9r wrote:
Why do you pick Inquisitor over +2 Totems? 4 Totems sound really good to me.

i think because he is scaling ele dmg a lot (gem/aura) so on crit it eliminates ele resistance.

Yes exactly =)

Would this build work at all with the Hierophant 4 totems? Or would that just not be viable at harder difficulties?
I am sure it could work, but it wouldn't be as strong :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Thanks for your reply! I may play with it, I was really excited about the extra totems...I can always start over if not lol
As stated earlier in this thread by someone else, I too am having a very difficult time with the life of the totems. There are packs of perandus chest mobs that I just have to skip (the ones with the little tornados spewing all over the place) as the totems die very quickly or even literally before they start shockwaveing.

Also, there are times when I am out of ES and have to retreat because even in running around killing things they die too quickly.

What am I missing?

Heres my skill tree:

Level 69 INQ Passivs I'm pretty much following the guide verbatum.

I just read in another post about adding the leo %20 faster ES recharge to rings. Unfortunately I will probably never have a level 2 leo much less a level 3, lol.

Gear @ level 69 if anyone is interested:
Spoiler

Buffed tooltip dps is 7.4k
Last edited by Shinare on Mar 9, 2016, 12:42:46 PM
I still dont undesrtand how you use immortal call if you dont have endurance charges. Could someone please explain to me?

At the moment I'm level 68 and I'm have a lot of troubles being alive lol.
"
ViDmEx wrote:
I still dont undesrtand how you use immortal call if you dont have endurance charges. Could someone please explain to me?

At the moment I'm level 68 and I'm have a lot of troubles being alive lol.

Immortal call is attached with "Cast When Damage Taken", so it will trigger when some mob will hit you.
"
Shinare wrote:
As stated earlier in this thread by someone else, ....

How much is your total ES?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info