[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

Answering questions tonight guys. If you feel like it, come say hello on www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro I will be streaming in an hour or so :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Great build! Following it so far, but I'm not sure where your endurance charges come from, so you can link immortal call to cwdt. Could you clarify it to me please?
"
Answering questions tonight guys. If you feel like it, come say hello on www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro I will be streaming in an hour or so :)

Dam! Wish I could have caught that.

Was able to finally do NORMAL lab last night!!! The end boss guy was over before I knew it was happening almost, but them spikes!!! Ouch!!!

"
commonjunks wrote:
As usual, nicely done build for newbies and oldies alike.

Cruising along with this build now waiting for fat man to dispense Carcass jack and Divinarius.

Which fat man is this? Should I be mining someone for these? I would love 2x divinarius!! (and a carcass would be nice too. :) )
"
Shinare wrote:
"

Dam! Wish I could have caught that.

Was able to finally do NORMAL lab last night!!! The end boss guy was over before I knew it was happening almost, but them spikes!!! Ouch!!!

"
commonjunks wrote:
As usual, nicely done build for newbies and oldies alike.

Cruising along with this build now waiting for fat man to dispense Carcass jack and Divinarius.

Which fat man is this? Should I be mining someone for these? I would love 2x divinarius!! (and a carcass would be nice too. :) )

By fat man, i'm 99% sure he means the golden event dude that sells epic shizz for coins :)
I'm just curious, how much are we getting from Herald of Ash? I sorta want to grab some mana reservation nodes and run a blasphemy curse. Either elemental weakness or assassins mark.

So my question is, how much damage are we getting from Herald of Ash? We don't get the overkill bonus, so it's just the 15% "extra" dmg? Is that like the "more" modifiers? Would it be better to replace it with a blasphemy aura in some circumstances?

edit1: and BTW, LiftingNerdBro, awesome guide as usual. Very clear and straightforward.
Last edited by MaximumJake on Mar 8, 2016, 10:57:53 AM
Cruel : Kill them all - rly better than Oak +16% Phys.dmg ?
Hey guys!

first of all: Awesome build, bro!

Using it on a rerolled standard character, but i have a rly nice (in my opinion) quality of life gimmick i want to show you all. If you have an open Prefix on one of your Rings the Leo lvl 3 Master craft is a rly nice Quality of Life upgrade, because it gives u 10 to 20% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge! This doesnt sound like alot BUT with no other source of faster start of Energy Shield Recharge it is quite impressive!
It makes the playstyle much smoother (ur not running out of e-shield ever again!(almost))

maybe u add a section where this fits :)

so far tyvm for ur attention guys.

"
Lordbl4 wrote:
Cruel : Kill them all - rly better than Oak +16% Phys.dmg ?

I would think that would be personal preference...

IMHO yes. passive points are worth a hell of a lot to me, %fiz damage is worth some, but can be made up on gear. If that passive point allows you to get another jewel socket then yippie.

The only time I don't help oak kill rest is if I need an extra charge which cant be made up in the tree with a single point.
Having seen both your FT Chieftain and the Shockwave INQ in action I have to admit I prefer the chieftain to this, atleast from a beginners perspective.

While Shockwave INQ does roughly 2-5 times more dmg under optimal condition than FT, I find I really struggle when conditions are not optimal. Especially problematic are bosses or packs that deal very high amount of aoe dmg over large area. The INQ totems are incredibly squishy and die immidiately and you dont have any ES to recast them SO often, it hurts. Prolly once you are really good at dodging everything with whirling this gets easyer, but from a beginners perspective it hurts immensely, and in some cases you find yourself unable to dodge long enough and sink into the OOM-Lock. While that may not kill you it costs time, so much that FT usually pulls ahead.

Carcass and devin would help i guess when you have more freedom of totem placement, but i am really not sure, how this build is viable in t13-15/ uber atz, since your totems just seem to evaporate :D. Perhaps I am missing something, or doing smth wrong, but so far I'd give the build a B- since it's too hard for many new players and too vulnerable for end game. The damage under optimal conditions, though, is over the top, beats most other builds i have ever played.
why take crit nodes if u run controlled destruction???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info