[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
Thanks for the reply, I thought I would have more dps from the crafted dagger. The rest of Divinarius makes a better quality of life with the life/mana on kill and the extra 10% radius, though since I am using a carcass jack already would that 10% make much of a difference? maybe when I go single target and swap in my conc gem.

yeap, your crafted dagger will definitely give you more dps

As for the life/mana on kill, i don't think it works with totems

I have a divinarius as well, and i can't really feel a difference with the 10% radius. I feel if you want the radius, its better to dual-wield them to get 20%

Currently, i have 50% increased AoE(30% from tree and 20% from carcass jack) and its more than enough for me
Last edited by SoundOfSilence on Mar 20, 2016, 4:43:47 AM
"
"
Thanks for the reply, I thought I would have more dps from the crafted dagger. The rest of Divinarius makes a better quality of life with the life/mana on kill and the extra 10% radius, though since I am using a carcass jack already would that 10% make much of a difference? maybe when I go single target and swap in my conc gem.

yeap, your crafted dagger will definitely give you more dps

As for the life/mana on kill, i don't think it works with totems

I have a divinarius as well, and i can't really feel a difference with the 10% radius. I feel if you want the radius, its better to dual-wield them to get 20%

Currently, i have 50% increased AoE(30% from tree and 20% from carcass jack) and its more than enough for me

I personally like a well crafted dagger better over the Divinarius choice as well. This was my reason for not including it in the video.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Currently doing this build, loving totems for the moment.
For leveling I'm using SRS as well, is that a good idea in the long run, or do they become too weak to make a difference?
"
EMenger wrote:
Currently doing this build, loving totems for the moment.
For leveling I'm using SRS as well, is that a good idea in the long run, or do they become too weak to make a difference?

They will become too weak later on, but good idea to use them early on :)
Is http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidbringer

A viable item for this build?

And other question... [sorry i'm new in POE]

How critical dmg is calculated?
My Templar have 303% spell crit multiplier, and 15k dmg on shockwave totem. So... i have 45k dmg on crits? (aproximated)
"
upoo wrote:
Is http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidbringer

A viable item for this build?

And other question... [sorry i'm new in POE]

How critical dmg is calculated?
My Templar have 303% spell crit multiplier, and 15k dmg on shockwave totem. So... i have 45k dmg on crits? (aproximated)

It can potentially work as long as you don't feel it drains your ES too fast :)
I'm currently doing some testing on whether controlled destruction is actually worth it versus say, Culling strike.

The damage difference at gem lvl 20:
CD: 44% spell dmg
Culling: 38% Damage

Once you add quality gems to it, CD gets 10% extra spell dmg at quality 20%
Culling gets 10% increased attack and cast speed.

With culling you don't lose 100% chance to crit, Culling has a 20% lower mana multiplier than CD, and every mob including uniques and act bosses dies instantly when they're under 10% health.

Thoughts?

Alternatively anyone try, ICD, Elemental Focus, Empower, Iron Will instead of CD.
Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Mar 22, 2016, 11:52:13 AM
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
I'm currently doing some testing on whether controlled destruction is actually worth it versus say, Culling strike.

With culling you don't lose 100% chance to crit, Culling has a 20% lower mana multiplier than CD, and every mob including uniques and act bosses dies instantly when they're under 10% health.

Thoughts?

Alternatively anyone try, ICD, Elemental Focus, Empower, Iron Will instead of CD.

CD adds MORE spell damage
Cullling adds INCREASED spell damage

thats the big difference

culling quality(10%casting) adds more dps than CD quality(10% increased spell) though

Iron will is interesting as it has no multiplier but we don't have alot of strength.

Elemental focus adds more dmg, but i prefer shattering enemies to prevent those annoying spikes on death or the crabs, additionally, the freezing adds an additional defence

Im currently using Added fire/Phy to light/faster casting/ICS, ICD/Increased AoE will probably be my 6th link
"
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:

Thoughts?

CD adds MORE spell damage
Cullling adds INCREASED spell damage

thats the big difference

culling quality(10%casting) adds more dps than CD quality(10% increased spell) though

Iron will is interesting as it has no multiplier but we don't have alot of strength.

Elemental focus adds more dmg, but i prefer shattering enemies to prevent those annoying spikes on death or the crabs, additionally, the freezing adds an additional defence

Im currently using Added fire/Phy to light/faster casting/ICS, ICD/Increased AoE will probably be my 6th link

Oh good to know. I'll probably pass on CD and try that ICS/ICD set up. We're already building fro a high crit chance anyway, may as well go for even more crit multi. Though Iron Will is something I'll also try out. We're running a minimum 155 str for the totem requirement, that's 21% increased spell dmg on top of the 38% spell dmg the gem offers without quality at lvl 20.

Btw, how are people dealing with keeping their totems alive at higher levels. I'm having trouble against certain chaos aoe mobs/uniques/bosses, as they kill my totems far too quickly.
are any boot enchants worth looking out for? I was hoping the 12% cast speed would proc but sadly it doesn't. don't think any of them really do anything?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info