[2.4] FoxTactic's LVL100 Crunchy Frost Ninja Frostblades\wildstrike

This build is looking pretty sweet for 2.4! 15% frost blades buff! HYPE TRAIN! \o/

I have done this build for the past two leagues and I am most definitely doing it again for Essence League!

For anyone wanting a fun, fast-paced, jump in a hoard of monsters and destroy them build - this is for you!

I have 2 of these builds in my character slots which are public if anyone wants to look at gear or whatnot. My Pammy_MrFrostyWaddles, did uber lab so you can look at all ascendancy points placements on him.

This build is fully capable of most end-game content - just don't run ele reflect maps.

If you are looking for something amazingly fun for 2.4 you have found that build.

What do you guys think about adding in point blank to the build?

Also, its been a while since i've played my crunchy ninja. why aren't we grabbing elemental damage with weapons nodes again? because we already have plenty of damage?

Is that the answer for both?
Last edited by GRANDLarsony on Sep 1, 2016, 2:14:14 PM
"
GRANDLarsony wrote:
What do you guys think about adding in point blank to the build?

Also, its been a while since i've played my crunchy ninja. why aren't we grabbing elemental damage with weapons nodes again? because we already have plenty of damage?

Is that the answer for both?

Point blank doesnt do anything for the inital hit, the way you play is usually positioning yourselfs infront of a rare, the blades flying out from behind should kill the lesser targets before the rare dies, so i dont see the point of point blank, since it does not increase your damage vs single target either, the wed wasnt needed, your main focus should be picking up crit chance on jewels and passives to make as many hits be 0% resistances hits.

I might be making a revamp of this build in 2.4 to pure evasion with kintsugi instead of coil. Well see, ive probably changed my mind on a few things since this was made quite some time ago now.
Last edited by FoxTactics on Sep 1, 2016, 4:31:17 PM
Double post
Last edited by FoxTactics on Sep 1, 2016, 4:27:27 PM
could you post like cheaper gear alternative?! or some leveling gear we could use?!

i am too casual to afford a LC, any alternative you suggests?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I've leveled this character twice and I'm about to embark on it for a 3rd time in Essense League so let me see if I can give some pointers.

As for leveling - the templar is excellent at using a wand or scepter and skill gems that are totally available early. I will typically just grab Freezing pulse after killing Hillock and head to the coast. Never hurts here to create a shadow and kill Hillock and then mule the firetrap gem he gets - or ask in town for someone to purchase you one or ask a friend.

A good leveling unique would be a lifesprig or two. I have no idea what one would cost day 1 of a new league. I will just be looking for rare scepters that drop. Worse comes to worse you can do the +1 to skill vendor recipe. This works for wands and sceptors.

http://imgur.com/Q8BRNXR

After you have finished the mud flats you can get flame totem which you can use at level 4. You can also grab Orb of storms. This will hold you until you reach the prison. Now you can grab added lightning damage (get 2) and place this with your freezing pulse and flame totem. You are now ready to kill Brutus.

After Brutus you can grab clarity which will hold you until you start heading to merveil. At level 12 you can grab firestorm and take Merveil out easily with flame totem and firestorm (with lightning damage).

If you have a friend or have nice people in town it also never hurts to get a couple Added Cold Damage gems. These are great to couple with the added lightning damage that you've placed with flame totem and firestorm.

Basically I've gotten to act 2 cruel with ease just with this setup. As soon as I feel I am struggling to kill things I start looking for swords. You want Thrusting swords with as much elemental damage and speed as you find. You should have found some currency by mid-act 2 cruel and you can seriously buy nice 1-handed swords that will get the job done for 1c and under.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sword#Thrusting_swords

Once you have a couple of them start using frost blades. You will not be able to get 3 gems you need from vendors. Make some friends! or use poe.trade to get your hands on frost blades, wild strike, and dual strike so you can begin leveling them up. I don't use wild strike as much but I frequently late game use dual strike in single target situations.

As for your armour - I know lightning coil is going to be a bear to get early in the league. I think last league 1 socket ones were going for 2 exalts or something rediculous the first few days. Until the prices go down and/or you can get your hands on one you can opt either for a high armour or high evasion rare and get it 5-linked as soon as possible.

In my opinion nothing beats the feel of a nice cold steel lightning coil against my skin so for me there is no substitution - I will find a way to acquire it as soon as I can and get it 5-linked while I work on 6-linking one :)

What I will spend on this build:

Things I will have to buy:

2 swords - Once I decide to switch to swords (around A2C) I will start looking at poe.trade. You can see from the thrusting sword link I gave when new swords are unlocked as you progress so you can go see if any nice ones are for sale. My rule of thumb is to not pay over a chaos or two for any sword until say - level 70-75. There is simply no need to. Upgrades can drop and you are simply leveling too fast. You don't buy expensive clothing for 3 year old children! they grow out of them too fast. Once I am 80-ish I would spend 5-10 chaos max on upgrades for swords. Around level 85-ish - I'd be willing to spend an exalt or two IF one was on the market that I really liked and I felt I really needed it. Typically there are comparable ones up for 10-20c and it depends on how much currency I've accumulated. Total cost: 10c - a couple exalts depending on what I have

Essence worm ring: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm

As soon as I can wear this ring (and I've switched to swords) I want it! I place a wrath gem in it for extra damage. Because I wear a lightning coil my resists can be tricky with my frost blades. You will need to get loads of resists on your other gear to pull it off. You are melee you cannot afford to run around with 30 lightning resist so if you cannot cover your resists - take this ring off until you can. Total cost: last 2 leagues 10c

Lightning Coil - I refuse to wear anything else :D
Total cost: usually around 35-50c unsocketed and unlinked. Wear the best armour you can find or afford while you work on linking your final armour. Keep Vorici and Elreon in your hideout so you can do their dailys and get jews and fusings each day. If you hate linking and RNG jebus hates you - buy a 5L or 6L. Last two leagues lightning coils could be had for under an exalt 5L'd and 8-12 exalts 6L'd.

Jewels: This build typically utilizes 6 jewels. I usually find 1-2 that I like and buy the rest. I am willing to spend 10c to 2-ish exalts on jewels.

Items I've never had to buy - I enjoy self-finding these items
:

Helm, Boots, Gloves, Jewelry, Belt, and a couple of my jewels.

Final thoughts: Sure this build could be viewed as expensive but it truly does not have to be. Foxtactics likes to push the limits on his characters. He took this Frosty to level 100 and of course with that much play he was able to gear his toon with amazing gears. Once you are doing a solid 60k-ish dps everything else is extra icing on your cake. My first frosty I took to level 94 and he reached 150k-ish dps. Last league I took him to level 92 and his dps was around 100k-ish. Essence league is going to bump our base damage 15% - trust me you will not need godly gears to pull this build off. I stack life items and armour. You can easily do this with high evasion gear. The choice is yours.

Last edited by sinisista on Sep 2, 2016, 8:19:08 AM
"
sinisista wrote:
I've leveled this character twice and I'm about to embark on it for a 3rd time in Essense League so let me see if I can give some pointers.

As for leveling - the templar is excellent at using a wand or scepter and skill gems that are totally available early. I will typically just grab Freezing pulse after killing Hillock and head to the coast. Never hurts here to create a shadow and kill Hillock and then mule the firetrap gem he gets - or ask in town for someone to purchase you one or ask a friend.

A good leveling unique would be a lifesprig or two. I have no idea what one would cost day 1 of a new league. I will just be looking for rare scepters that drop. Worse comes to worse you can do the +1 to skill vendor recipe. This works for wands and sceptors.

http://imgur.com/Q8BRNXR

After you have finished the mud flats you can get flame totem which you can use at level 4. You can also grab Orb of storms. This will hold you until you reach the prison. Now you can grab added lightning damage (get 2) and place this with your freezing pulse and flame totem. You are now ready to kill Brutus.

After Brutus you can grab clarity which will hold you until you start heading to merveil. At level 12 you can grab firestorm and take Merveil out easily with flame totem and firestorm (with lightning damage).

If you have a friend or have nice people in town it also never hurts to get a couple Added Cold Damage gems. These are great to couple with the added lightning damage that you've placed with flame totem and firestorm.

Basically I've gotten to act 2 cruel with ease just with this setup. As soon as I feel I am struggling to kill things I start looking for swords. You want Thrusting swords with as much elemental damage and speed as you find. You should have found some currency by mid-act 2 cruel and you can seriously buy nice 1-handed swords that will get the job done for 1c and under.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sword#Thrusting_swords

Once you have a couple of them start using frost blades. You will not be able to get 3 gems you need from vendors. Make some friends! or use poe.trade to get your hands on frost blades, wild strike, and dual strike so you can begin leveling them up. I don't use wild strike as much but I frequently late game use dual strike in single target situations.

As for your armour - I know lightning coil is going to be a bear to get early in the league. I think last league 1 socket ones were going for 2 exalts or something rediculous the first few days. Until the prices go down and/or you can get your hands on one you can opt either for a high armour or high evasion rare and get it 5-linked as soon as possible.

In my opinion nothing beats the feel of a nice cold steel lightning coil against my skin so for me there is no substitution - I will find a way to acquire it as soon as I can and get it 5-linked while I work on 6-linking one :)

What I will spend on this build:

Things I will have to buy:

2 swords - Once I decide to switch to swords (around A2C) I will start looking at poe.trade. You can see from the thrusting sword link I gave when new swords are unlocked as you progress so you can go see if any nice ones are for sale. My rule of thumb is to not pay over a chaos or two for any sword until say - level 70-75. There is simply no need to. Upgrades can drop and you are simply leveling too fast. You don't buy expensive clothing for 3 year old children! they grow out of them too fast. Once I am 80-ish I would spend 5-10 chaos max on upgrades for swords. Around level 85-ish - I'd be willing to spend an exalt or two IF one was on the market that I really liked and I felt I really needed it. Typically there are comparable ones up for 10-20c and it depends on how much currency I've accumulated. Total cost: 10c - a couple exalts depending on what I have

Essence worm ring: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm

As soon as I can wear this ring (and I've switched to swords) I want it! I place a wrath gem in it for extra damage. Because I wear a lightning coil my resists can be tricky with my frost blades. You will need to get loads of resists on your other gear to pull it off. You are melee you cannot afford to run around with 30 lightning resist so if you cannot cover your resists - take this ring off until you can. Total cost: last 2 leagues 10c

Lightning Coil - I refuse to wear anything else :D
Total cost: usually around 35-50c unsocketed and unlinked. Wear the best armour you can find or afford while you work on linking your final armour. Keep Vorici and Elreon in your hideout so you can do their dailys and get jews and fusings each day. If you hate linking and RNG jebus hates you - buy a 5L or 6L. Last two leagues lightning coils could be had for under an exalt 5L'd and 8-12 exalts 6L'd.

Jewels: This build typically utilizes 6 jewels. I usually find 1-2 that I like and buy the rest. I am willing to spend 10c to 2-ish exalts on jewels.

Items I've never had to buy - I enjoy self-finding these items
:

Helm, Boots, Gloves, Jewelry, Belt, and a couple of my jewels.

Final thoughts: Sure this build could be viewed as expensive but it truly does not have to be. Foxtactics likes to push the limits on his characters. He took this Frosty to level 100 and of course with that much play he was able to gear his toon with amazing gears. Once you are doing a solid 60k-ish dps everything else is extra icing on your cake. My first frosty I took to level 94 and he reached 150k-ish dps. Last league I took him to level 92 and his dps was around 100k-ish. Essence league is going to bump our base damage 15% - trust me you will not need godly gears to pull this build off. I stack life items and armour. You can easily do this with high evasion gear. The choice is yours.

Wow thanks for this!! it will help me!!

i more thing!! as a casual player i will never reach lvl 100 not lvl 90 xD

Could you make me a lvl 75-80-85 skkilltree breakdown?
NOTE: that i will never have an enlighten to reduce my aura mana reserved, plz take it into account in the tree?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I have never used an enlighten for this build. I've never had one leveled far enough for it to be useful. Foxtactics adds nodes for reduced mana reservation in his tree and I never kept those nodes. I think the first time I did this build I took them but later respect'd them in order to use more jewels. Frankly, I've just never had an issue with mana with this build. Blood rage has always been more than enough for my mana needs. Use your own judgement. If mana is driving you nuts - take a couple of his suggested nodes.

I've modified some of the gems for this build as well. I like having both whirling blades and lightning warp. Lightning warp is just someting I feel is a must when doing lab and trials. If you go under my profile and look at my level 92 Templar Inquisitor named "Pammy_MrFrostyWaddles" you will see the gem setup I prefer and the one I will be using in Essence league. Again, this is simply my take on the build and I utilized gems I liked.

I've tinkered with the skill tree for this build a bit. Sometimes I'll find an amazing jewel or buy one and to be able to use it I'll take some nodes out of the scion life wheel. I've made a few skill trees which are simply my opinion of what I would do around levels 75, 81, 85, and 90. I highly encourage you to push to 90 - it's where the build really shines. You've got 5-6 jewel slots, loads of crit and loads of health at this stage. If you push it further you can even add more life and damage.

I have also made you the stages of your ascendency points including uber lab. The best bang for your buck comes early - the cruel lab ascendency points are a must - get these as soon as you are strong enough. For me, I like to tackle normal lab around lvl 40, cruel lab around 60, merciless lab around 80 and uber lab around 90. This isn't set in stone whatsoever - just a kind of a guide.

Order of Ascendency Points:

Normal lab:
Elemental Damage, Critical Strike Multiplier
Righteous Providence

Cruel lab:
Elemental Damage, Critical Strike Multiplier
Inevitable Judgement

Merciless lab:
Elemental Damage and resistances
Augury of Penitence

Uber lab:
Elemental Damage, Attack and Cast speed
Instruments of Virtue

Level 75 and having 95 skill points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAPndi4ztYai5ApZKmJx7DFLSfMxmkm6UXLxWwGYEs6IA8B9o8q9sC2HGrjwtg8y3Pv4K8kXYvTWS_o-18ngNwBqpbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6nGbRqk0z_TipDMVuvI9PawRR1DY2PYG8ndO131xX2h3aaagUtVvp0oGJ5459_KwaiAAZKfTB8F9yNfVFHBiAj9o2_51RNkgW11CMk_cLs6NYwcf_etMUi6t2oYqzb58M6S3hsjCSLOkKdqg-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFKDX287

Level 81 and having 101 skill points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAPndi4ztYai5ApZKmJx7DFLSfMxmkm6UXLxWwGYEs6IA8B9o8q9sC2HGrjwtg8y3Pv4K8kXYvTWS_o-18ngNwBqpbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6nGbRqk0z_TipDMVuvI9PawRR1DY2PYG8ndO131xX2h3aaagUtVvp0oGJ5459_KwaiAAZKfTB8F9yNfVFHBiAj9o2_51RNkgW11CMk_cLs6NYwcf_etMUi6t2oYqzb58M6S3hsjCSLOkKdqg-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFKDX287wzNaGgzypctsCPGK

Level 85 and having 105 skill points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAPndi4ztYai5ApZKmJx7DFLSfMxmkm6UXLxWwGYEs6IA8B9o8q9sC2HGrjwtg1-DzLc-_gryRdi9NZL-j7XyeA3AGqlubzt34wHchNlHfr02ZU2-pxm0apNM_04qQzFbryPTwzPawRR1DY2PYG8nWhouU3Ttd9cV9od2mmrTbwUtVvp0oGJ5459_KwaiAAZKfTB8F9yNfVFHBiAj9jfUjb_nVE2S7T8FtdQjJP3C7OjWMHH_3rTFIurdqAzyYqzb58M6S3ily2yMbAgkizpCnarxig-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFI=

Level 90 and having 110 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAPndi4ztYai5ApZKmJx7DFLSfMxmkm6UXLxWwGYEs6IA8B9o8q9sC2HGrjwtg1-DzLc-_gryRdi9NZL-j7XyeA3AGqlubzt34wHchNlHfr02ZU2-pxm0apNM_04qQzFbryPTwzPawRR1DY2PYG8nWhouU3Ttd9cV9od2mmrTbwUtVvp0oGJ5459_KwaiAAZKfTB8F9yNfVFHBiAj9jfUjb_nVE2S7T8FtdQjJP3C7OjWMHH_3rTFIurdqAzyYqzb58M6S3ily2yMbAgkizpCnarxig-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFI64aZXTeM-z73m

Note: In this lvl 90 skill tree I have only given you 5 jewel slots. Let's say you have found an amazing 6th jewel you are dying to use. In any of these skill trees I have made you you can respec points out of the scion life wheel and give yourself that 6th jewel slot.

Scion life wheel: https://i.imgur.com/DNIU6RZ.png

hi i have a noob question, why do you pick acrobatics if you have armour from your gear?
"
Reje wrote:
hi i have a noob question, why do you pick acrobatics if you have armour from your gear?

It's definitely not a noob question. There is allways a discussion going on between Armour vs Evasion. Its usually good to have a layered defense which is what i went with this build, its using both Coil, dodge, armour and evasion. When having lightning coil http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil every point of armour is more valuable due to it decreasing the total physical damage taken, the larger the hit the less effective armour is, so even though i take acrobatics i felt that it was in the physical mitigation department that i was flawed. Now later i've been asking myself more and more if pure evasion isn't better due to it contributing you to evade more of your own hits when fighting a reflect monster. If nothing else armour would atleast one piece of equipment easier to color :D. "cwdt immortal call duration".
Last edited by FoxTactics on Sep 5, 2016, 4:17:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info