[2.4] FoxTactic's LVL100 Crunchy Frost Ninja Frostblades\wildstrike

Do we use Wrath or Grace? I think the text is wrong.
IGN: Aristona
I want to reiterate that this build is not an easy one, especially if you aren't going Templar. I tried this on SC as a Ranger and my single target DPS is horrid; granted I am doing a big variation using the new Touch of Anguish claws and a different tree.

TLDR: Don't get cute, follow the guide till late game.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
After being such a fan of hellfire arc (and spending a fortune on damage/fire damage/life jewels) I was interested in this one. Its almost a replica of the Inquisitor tree I am running on dual foil ele ST. Minus Fury Bolts cluster, and the right side pathing into shadow, its the same.

So I threw on a Tabula and 20/20 gems and with ancestral totem, wrath, HoI, ice golem, and vaal haste I am at 180k.

Skill feels very good. Didn't respec any points. I do enjoy the gameplay of ST more, but mana cost becomes an issue which this doesn't feel like it has. Plus in order to reach 130k I have to wear Lioneye's Vision for the pierce support. This build is tankier while not losing too much range.

*edit

I swapped added cold/lightning with increased crit strikes/multi

I lose 11k dps (wrath, hoi, ice golem) but I feel it may be better with acuities for leech. Hitting rares is scary anyway with Inquisitors
Last edited by sneakyJ on Jun 12, 2016, 9:05:24 AM
So i'm lvling one atm, going pretty slowly since i am quite busy at work. But I used a tabula rasa and lifesprig up until 40 where i got the sword crit passives and bought a cheap foil.

This way lvling was pretty smooth and all i needed was 3 respec points. The lvl 38 foil i bought might need to be swapped once until i get an endgame 350+ ele dps one.
i realy like that build :) playing a inquisitor with that build right now and got already lvl 55 :)

would be cool if you update that guide for 2.3 :)

and i also got one question, got nearly the same gems into my gear but how do you get all that buffs while fighting? :o

Thanks for your answer :)
Hello! I am currently lvl 75 still running this build. I have transitioned into mostly WildStrike just because I love the skill effects of it.

This build is NOT an easy one to fully gear out at the end game. I repeat, THIS BUILD IS DIFFICULT to gear. It's doable, and possible. However, it's not easy.

I am playing this build on Prophecy, so I am dealing with minimal currency and no previous items for leveling and gearing. My biggest struggle has been Jewelry(as for any character mostly). Finding enough Accuracy(Chance to hit), Strength and Life, as well as having the intellect to wear other pieces of gear, and stacking resistances. It's been a challenge.

My HP pool is only at about 4k right now. Not high enough yet, my reistances are bleak. Chaos -60, Lightning 30%, Fire -12%, Cold 18%.

Armor is at about 1300. The resistances are what's giving me trouble. Phyiscal damage doesn't even phase me and I can leach and heal through it with the large armor buff.

So im struggling to increase my HP and Dmg while maintaining resistances. I'm close to getting the next two intellect nodes which shoudl get rid of my intellect issues and allow me to wear the rings I need to buff my resistances which will make mapping much easier.

This build is tough guys, but very fun and very rewarding as well. I highly recommend it for skilled and advanced players who can get through the gearing process and won't give up during the rough patches.

NOTE: I might switch back to Frostblades because of the range increase, helps with not getting hit by mobs, but wildstrike also flies pretty far. But i do love WIldstrike, i just really need some more resistances and better gear.

Definitely a work in progress! Great build though.
Last edited by DrazyHaze on Jun 15, 2016, 12:09:43 PM
Here within the comparatively empty build list of the Templar forum listed as the only entry under frost blades rests a serious gem of a build. Seriously, I thought this build was going to be absolute shit. All I needed to read was that it was a frost blades build and I knew it would be bad.

Boy was I wrong. Here you have done something fairly unique. Shrouded amidst the sea of meta ripoffs and poo poo totem builds you have given birth to a respectable build. If you are having problems with this build then you did not read this and follow this appropriately.

Firstly, as the author warns, this build is seriously shit up until about level 70. Then, something magical happens. All of a sudden your crits start rolling in, your attack speed begins to pick up and stuff starts exploding everywhere. With intelligent positioning and proper passive allocation this skill appears on the surface as a tier 1 skill.

I've played vaal spark, discharge builds, and the usual metas and this build can carry its weight with them. AND... its super fun... I seriously have no clue why people are having problems. This is jacked up

People with bad PCs may experience some frame drop when their whole screen is a blur of white death. This is not a problem really for me so no biggie. The hardest part about this build is getting a good lightning coil - you may start to shit your pants in higher maps without one... Yet, this is evasion for you.

I'll be posting a map run of me using the build soon to show my results but they have been pretty much the same and my gear is no where near as good.

TL:DR - Build is great, you've gained some respect from me Fox - thanks for giving me a new build to enjoy timelessly. (As I doubt this is on the nerf radar ;D )

PS: 20% Frost Blades goes for like 2c. Make it so.
Last edited by valhanrex on Jun 16, 2016, 8:50:45 PM
Something I have noticed while playing this build...I am using Wildstrike now beucase I liked the skill effects, using Wild Strike greatly increases the difficulty of the build. You have to be closer to NPCs and you take more damage. Thus making leveling more difficult. I've died much more since using Wildstrike, and I have to go back to using Frostblades again. The range on Frostblades really helps you to stay way back and not take as much damage while killing everything.

I almost decided to reroll a whispering ice scion because of deaths...but I didn't. I am not going to give up yet boys...This build is fun just having difficulty gearing it at the end game.

Wildstrike tooltip dps is 20k and frostblades is 10k...whichs cuks but...the crits will help. GL
Last edited by DrazyHaze on Jun 17, 2016, 11:05:41 AM
So, I rebuilt this build without dual wielding and with a lot more defense so this would be more viable in HC. I do about the same damage with little fear of anything hurting me.

I'll be posting my build soon but for now heres a clip of me running Arid Lake. (lvl 91)

http://plays.tv/video/577193d3dec6d696e8/lvl-91-crit-ele-frostlbades-arid-lake-run

This skill continues to impress me. The free chain/fork the skill comes with makes it excellent for clearing sketchy rooms without ever having to go in. Additionally, I have absolutely no need to hotswap for single target DPS. As you can see I pretty much insta-rip the boss here with 30% increased hp. Inquisitor's nodes for penetration solve all boss problems for me.
Last edited by valhanrex on Jun 27, 2016, 5:20:00 PM
Build is pretty interesting, but damn listening to you and Pam converse is pretty damn relaxing.
gimme money bitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info