[2.4] FoxTactic's LVL100 Crunchy Frost Ninja Frostblades\wildstrike

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics

Short highlight video while pam talking
http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/v/52054232

This footage is from Perandus league, just a random segment from my stream to show build. I'm using chain support gem for clearing easier maps.

LVL91 Gear Essence league

PROFILE:https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FoxTactics
Some gems are just there for lvling or filling empty slots,

Foreword:

This is a Frostblade OR wildstrike build, Templar inquisitor full evasion+coil using 1h full elemental high attackspeed foil and a shield* its fast and wellrounded and ive played it since talisman league.

*Can be done with 2 foils, take twin terror passives instead if you want less defense and more clear

The key ingredients in this build revolve around clearspeed, high mobility, and fun to play for a longer time, i managed to complete a personal challenge with this build back in talisman league and that was to take a character to lvl100 solo.

I wouldnt recommend this guide to a beginner, just wanted to get that out there.

Why frostblades: When testing around with different skills i noticed that frostblades linked with multistrike acts very similar to arc, "auto targeting" The first hit goes towards your mouse cursor, the other hits gets directed towards nearby mobs within a 23 range "frostblades". So it acts more like a close quarter combat ranger. When pumping around with 12-14 attacks per second and this attackspeed combined with really high mobility "whirling blades" it becomes a blast to play once you get it rolling right.

Or Wildstrike? Wildstrike is like old coc, wildstrike requires you to be close to your target, but still has some decent clear from the spells coming out of it, with a base damage off 175% at lvl20 it packs a ridiculous punch for single targets. So, frostblades is better clear and worse at single targets while wildstrike is on the otherside of the spectrum, one thing to remember though is shopping jewels for wildstrike is easier, check further down in the guide why.

Why Templar inquisitor: When comparing all the passives in the subclasses it was
"High attackspeed: Raider"
"Silly amounts of crit: "assassin"
Or go templar inquisitor because i am really interested to how a boss will react with this amount of elemental dps when most of the hits have no resistance, and the unique bosses are basicly the only thing slowing this character down because you have trouble penetrating 2-3 types of resistances at once.

Quick Rundown:

Damage: Frostblades, Wildstrike
Auras: Wrath + Herald of ice "coh assmark"
Defense & Utility:
Lightning Coil, fortify, around 10k evasion, Acrobatics + Vaal grace, cwdt setups "warlords mark, immortal call + duration"

Pros & Cons

Pros:
* Nice clearspeed
* Silly fast whirling blades because high attackspeed.
* High animation speed = You can react faster and not crippled by animation progress.
* High Damage output
* Vaal Grace with Phase acrobatics vs Haast, almost capped spelldodge makes it easy.

Cons:
* Can't do elemental reflect maps at this point, single mobs fine.
* Can be a tough lvling progress but worth it in the endgame if you are dedicated.
* Gear can be expensive depending on other current metas going on.

[/spoiler]

INDEX:

1, Stats
2, Passives/Early progression? + Bandit rewards
3, Gemlist
4, Gear / Flasks
5, Tactics
6, Q&A
7, Map Mods

1, STATS

Life: 6000+

Evasion: 10576
Other Defenses: Lightning Coil, Acrobatics, Phase Acro, Vaal Grace
Dps wildstrike: 200k+

Offensive Stats & Tooltip Pictures

Using Wrath instead of grace and with charges up and no flasks in use.

Using Grace instead of wrath with charges up and no flasks in use.

Some Offensive Stats on Frostblades

Defensive Stats Pictures

2, Passives + Bandit

Normal Difficulty: Oak for 40 Max life
Cruel Difficulty: Kill all "Passive"
Merciless Difficulty: kraityn for Frenzy charge

First of all, i suck at using the right things when lvling, i am a terrible racer, i usually take my time with everything so i wont be able to give you many tips on the actual early lvling progress, but if you have read this far i assume you are more than capable of figuring out the early stages for yourself since this is more of an endgame build.
Anyway i found wildstrike being pretty decent midgame, a pair of bright beaks early around lvl20 would be very nice. It can be a bit clunky, and doing this build when you got some lvling gear will make it a lot smoother.

Passive Tree

There may be some slight adjustments to the tree as i progress, but it will in general remain the same, its a new league and a ton of new stuff to think about so bare with me, post a comment for potential changes or ideas. :).

Subclass Keystones will be: Inevitable Judgement and Piospath. Go for inevitable judgment first.

LVL93 tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQHcApYEswUtBbUGIAaiC2EM8g2ND6sUdRa_F9wZtCPTI_Yk_SaVKYsuUzBxMHw1kjY9N9Q6QjwtPs9DMUd-Sn1KmEt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6Whpbr2HiYqxlTWjyapNsCGyMbWxvJ287cFJyqXSgdO1313fjeA16738rgDCDX4PMhNmHdonTi4yMC4w2jX2Nv49gkm6SfZRcmG-aaptunaqiAKXLqW6vbLTFtfK3Prl8vFa9Nr3mvqfAGsBmwuzDM8T2xq7MZtJ802_UI9i92sHb59wj3ajfhuOf5c_nVOyw7T_wH_GK8kX3Mvnd_gr-j__e

3, GEMLIST

Gear links Endgame

Bodyarmour Mainskill Gems:

5L Setup Mainskill in Bodyarmour
Wildstrike Or Frostbladess as mainskill "G"
Weapon Elemenental Damage "R"
Multistrike "R"
Increased Attack Speed "G"
Increased Critical Strikes "B"

If 6L then Added Lightning "B"

Boots, Helm, Gloves

3x 4link Utility

2x 3l Auras

4, Gear / Flasks

Endgame Gear

Explanation of gear choices

Edps swords are very cheap or very expensive depending on the meta, try and get Cold+Lightning dmg as the base, "Its not that big deal but its a bonus if you can. Since Cold damage will freeze, lightning will shock, but fire will just ignite and we are having 12-14 attacks per second and you can only have 1 ignite so it wont be very effective" try for 2.0 aps bases" and some crit chance explicit "20%+". even if the swords you buy may be missing crit chance, make sure it has a free suffix for vagan to craft a crit chance mod on it. 22-27%.

Examples of some really good ele swords.

Evasion Shield:

Bodyarmour:
I'm starting to loose count on how many times i've used lightning coil on my life builds now but.
Lightning coil is one of the best, if not the best body armour for a low armour life build due to its great mod "30% of physical damage taken as lightning". Elemental and chaos resistances in this game have a linear damage reduction, armour rating has not, that doesnt mean armour rating is bad. We will still try and put as much AR on our other gear pieces as possible, even if we are using acrobatics we still want to avoid getting oneshotted by some crazy monster. Anyway, so by moving some of the physical damage to a lightning element that piece of physical dmg gets a better reduction, and gives our armour rating some breathing space.

A cheaper alternative would be daressos, im using this currently on my lvl92 templar on essence league

Helmet:
Examples:

Something with high evasion rating, life and tri elemental resistances or dual resistances with intelligence, helmets is one of the best places to put INT on since the only other suffix mod we need here is resistances and it can make it easier shopping for other potential gear you would otherwise have to put int on, gloves, rings, amulets.

Gloves:
Examples:

Try and max your resistances for elemental weakness maps. We wont have much use for flat physical damage here but, A good combination of mods would consist of
High evasion rating: 300-700
High life: 60-80
Good resistances: A sum of maybe 60-80%
Accuracy OR attackspeed

Boots:
Examples:

Same story here, High Evasion, Life, resistances, or swap out a resistance for strenght for some extra hp. Movespeed is not needed since we are using whirling blades with a ridiculous attackspeed as movement.

Rings and amulets:
Examples:

Essence worm is recommend for one ring slot atm.
This is a the part where we deviate more into the meta world and where good stuff can get really pricey. Mods like Weapon elemental damage, crit chance, crit multi, life, resistances crammed into one single piece of equipment. That talisman is just crazy and will only work for this league since talismans are probably going legacy.

Jewels in passive tree

Shopping for jewels in talisman league was easy with the count function in poetrade.

Bought most of these for a cheap buck, mainly because dual wielding swords was not really part of any meta. You will be looking for 2 dmg mods of anykind combined with life, or crafting your own, 3-4 dmg mods for you crazy people ;).
You dont need crit multi on the jewels with the templar inquisitor, the dmg is allready there basicly, the key things to look for are:
Life%
Increased attackspeed of any kind "swords, dualwield, 1hand"
Increased crit chance
Melee damage or other pure dmg modifiers that isnt physical.

5, Tactics

Something something darkside

Tips: Frostblades work very similar to arc with multistrike. Holding your mouse within range of a monster even if your back is against the monsters you will firstly hit where your mouse is, the other hits will be redirected towards the mobs around you because of multistrike, so with enough dmg you will just breeze around and not aiming at monsters.

Be sure to whirl through minions once in a while to proc your Fortify Support gem.

You can use 2 vaal gems, so use vaal haste during most of the mapping and when things get hairy or a beyond boss shows up use vaal grace to cap out dodge chance.

How you position yourself when using frostblades can be crucial, attacking a rare monster while all the lesser monsters is behind the rare causes an efficient cone effect. The highest damage is on the rare and the mobs behind the rare will die before the rare does.

6, Q&A

7, Map Mods

* Temporal Chains: Quite good as a map mod with this build since its so fast that temp chains actually feel more like a buff towards duration for your flasks and vaal gems.

* %Mana, life regeneration + No life&mana reg: This map mod is runnable if you turn off the Herald of ice to get a bigger mana pool, you will leech mana faster than you can use it.

Map mods to avoid as of now.
* Cannot Leech Life & Cannot Leech Mana
* Elemental Reflect
* Blood Magic

If you make this build into a more wildstrike orientated build "It's just 1 gem swap if you need an extra punch for something" you will be like a fat kid in a candy shop with infinite money. There is just so many mods you can have on a wildstrike jewel it's so fun, a typical gem could look like this.
% increased Critical Strike Chance with Fire Skills
% increased Critical Strike Chance with Lightning Skills
% increased Chance Critical Strike Multiplier
% increased Melee Damage
% increased life
% increased attackspeed

Poetrade Jewel search: http://poe.trade/search/nonitanowomasi

4 of these multipliers on the same jewel, yeah you get the idea, because of the keywords on wildstrike cold\lightning\fire, but the element of the crit chance dont care, it goes into the same crit chance multiplier
pool.

Extra

A level 4 enlighten is something you should be looking out for in the endgame. It can change the build a lot and allow you to use grace+wrath and a herald. There are some solutions here and you can pick the one you see fit for mana reserve. You need around 8% unreserved mana with a decent mana pool to be able to hit without interuptions with 1 50% aura and 2 heralds.

Solutions:

* Picking up the Aura cluster above Ranger for 12% reduced reserve

* Alphas howl
https://poe.mikelat.com/#_OooSsh/LwTFYd/1FOn0h

* 2x enlighten lvl3, 1 being in a 4b setup
https://poe.mikelat.com/#T7zGb/9WtRYd/pmpz0h

*1x enlighten lvl4 with grace and herald, and a coh setup in a 3l.

Best cheap option that im using atm is:
* The new mana ring * Here you might be able to squeeze a second 50% aura in if you get mana reserve aswell, like running both Grace + Wrath and herald of thunder, "Lovely setup"
https://poe.mikelat.com/#_OooSsh/RPuvxuSNb/xZkRgl

Last edited by FoxTactics on Sep 21, 2016, 9:47:13 PM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2017, 11:15:44 AM
I have been wanted to try an ele attack inquisitor build and this one looks like one of the best. Do you think leveling this from scratch in a new league would go smoothly? Should I try aim for this being my second character instead?
"
ughidk wrote:
I have been wanted to try an ele attack inquisitor build and this one looks like one of the best. Do you think leveling this from scratch in a new league would go smoothly? Should I try aim for this being my second character instead?

I'm probably gonna be doing it from scratch unless i get stuck in some other project. It does need some gear and currency to reach its full potential. Lvled it with wildstrike and it was pretty decent, could be a lot smoother when you got some lvling gear stacked up. Up to you :).
Last edited by FoxTactics on Mar 3, 2016, 1:44:58 AM
I remember your arc / arc totem build back in the day it was a really nice experience and a lot of fun !
That beeing said i will give a try to your frost blade build in perandus league for sure !

Keep up the good work and sharing quality builds.

Helio
Hf :)
Added random video from stream.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
I remember your arc / arc totem build back in the day it was a really nice experience and a lot of fun !
That beeing said i will give a try to your frost blade build in perandus league for sure !

Keep up the good work and sharing quality builds.

Helio

Appriciate it :) thanks. Pop by the stream if you got questions when im on, happily answer them, i can be a bit slow with the mail or checking the thread.
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
ughidk wrote:

I'm probably gonna be doing it from scratch unless i get stuck in some other project. It does need some gear and currency to reach its full potential. Lvled it with wildstrike and it was pretty decent, could be a lot smoother when you got some lvling gear stacked up. Up to you :).

I was on the fence till I saw the video and the ridiculous movement and clear speed. With the inquisitor skills, this could be insane. I'm sold :) Will I be able to get some tips following your stream early ascendancy?
"
ughidk wrote:
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
ughidk wrote:

I was on the fence till I saw the video and the ridiculous movement and clear speed. With the inquisitor skills, this could be insane. I'm sold :) Will I be able to get some tips following your stream early ascendancy?

Well i allways answer questions on my stream when i can, just stop by if you wanna ask something, Hopefully they will fix the ingame chat for twitch, its broken atm since lastpatch and i only got 1 monitor so i need that ingame chat =(.
What about uber-atziri ?
"
malefiel wrote:
What about uber-atziri ?

Didnt make it for uber so no, its made for clearspeed and fun to play :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info