First Wave of Trade Improvements

"
DemonikPath wrote:
"
Joleco wrote:
This P2W move... so sad. At least remove regular tabs and just make all premium... or you just confirm that game is going P2W.

This

Looks a bit exagerated

Buying beta key was also considered pay2win

Someone could even argue that cosmetic microtransaction are pay to win, because your character looks good u actually like it more and play more then win :)

Please guys, everyone with 1 premium tab will enjoy this. The guys without it still can win.

Converting one of the four starting tabs to premium for free looks like a nice move to me.

Still I hope GGG gets more support.

This free to play game has more quality , replayability than most of other games that are not free.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
A person with 2 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 1 premium stash tab.
A person with 3 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 2 premium stash tabs.
A person with 4 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 3 premium stash tabs.

How is this system not pay-to-win?

Installing/configuring 3rd party tools takes time, effort and knowledge.
Most people don't have the advanced knowledge of configuring xml files.
Are kids and less-educated people supposed to always be at a disadvantage?

You are still perfectly able to trade using the forums to list items as well.
This doesn't prevent you from trading in the way that people have been, it just opens up a new option as the first part of several planned trade changes.

Are you suggesting future improvements to trade are money gated as well, or are already because of this pay wall?
"
WulfgangAdair wrote:
Diablo iii = $30
Dark Souls iii = $60
You & Girl Friend out a night = what, ~ $50 - $100?
Etc.

Path of Exile = Free
1 Premium Stash Tab = $4
6 Preimum Stash Tabs = $20

And, what is the question again?

the question i have is:
will we have to pay for upcoming content on Path of Exile from now on? Will there be premium content like this that is available only to paying community members?

this is the first step for this game to be not free 2 play anymore. Don't get me wrong here, this game is awesome and is definitely worth paying for. But for me, it's not 100% free2play anymore which makes me sad.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
A person with 2 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 1 premium stash tab.
A person with 3 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 2 premium stash tabs.
A person with 4 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 3 premium stash tabs.

This doesn't prevent you from trading in the way that people have been, it just opens up a new option as the first part of several planned trade changes.

Just one question. Why only the Premium stash tabs not for the regular tabs?
Last edited by Ladylunar on Mar 1, 2016, 2:47:49 PM
"
WulfgangAdair wrote:
Diablo iii = $30
Dark Souls iii = $60
You & Girl Friend out a night = what, ~ $50 - $100?
Etc.

Path of Exile = Free
1 Premium Stash Tab = $4
6 Preimum Stash Tabs = $20

And, what is the question again?

The question is that GGG advertises the game as a FREE game ($0), and now there is people that don't think it is anymore. There are things in life more important than money, and 1 is reputation. Hope GGG does not lose this one with the bold move.
In my view this game was already P2W since the number of stashes matter.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:

Are you suggesting future improvements to trade are money gated as well, or are already because of this pay wall?

People will be able to trade regardless of whether or not they have made purchases. The trading system is being improved in several places however, and it will take time to introduce all the changes.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
I also agree that GGG should give 1 free premium stash tab to every account. This would mean, that every feature in the game would be free for everyone as it has been until now. So after this, this game is not completly free to play with all of its features. So, after that updates to trading system.. the old way might die.. and trading is a core part of the game..

I did support the developers and I feel they are doing a great job.. getting a fully functional game to play for free as they have always advertised. That is not the case anymore. But lets wait a bit.. maybe when they upgrade trading .. they might take care of that also.. like Rory said just now. :)

Last edited by IggyR on Mar 1, 2016, 2:51:35 PM
page 100 :P

That topic should end now and be closed

As Gary said it just first part of upgrades so shut up and wait till they do what they plan to :)

Last edited by Kingoko on Mar 1, 2016, 2:53:25 PM
Ok so not pay to win but pay to trade , gotcha .

I don't like being forced to pay for stuff in a FREE TO PLAY GAME .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:

I am glad to hear a GGG response.

I think the important part is that there are more planned trade changes, and they are trying to release news items every day (and have them planned out), so I assume they can't really release statements on this until they have released the planned announcements related to trading?

I think what people are upset about is the author of exile tools claiming that poe.trade and other services is going to switch to new API very soon, and that the new API only works with premium tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info