First Wave of Trade Improvements

Not what i was hoping for and i am very disappointed sadly.

- How do i search for items?
- How do i offer on items?
- How do i acquire items?

I still have to leave the game and search on a website.
I still have to wait for a person to be online before i can even communicate.
I still have to hope someone is online and not running an event or race or busy or afk.

I feel like we could have skipped this entire announcement and nothing would have changed. As well as that it only works for people with premium stash tabs. Its useless for "Insert internet stats" everyone who does not have premium stash tabs, I have normal tabs not premium but now i miss out on trade?

What does this do for new players?

- Well in my opinion it does nothing, new players will not have premium tabs and the only time they will leave the game to check a website is when they are looking for a new game to play!

What does this do for old player?

- Again this does nothing for an old player. We have had this workaround for a while now and it didn't take 4-5 years to do it. Why spend dev time and money to gain nothing?

What you need is an Auction house or an ingame shop - inside your hideout maybe allow people to come and go.
Last edited by superp on Mar 1, 2016, 3:05:22 PM
Any premium stash tab can now be set to public.

Pay2Win incoming

why not a auction house like it was in D3 ? This is the easiest way for a good trade for beginners and seniors !
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
guggelhupf wrote:
Any premium stash tab can now be set to public.

Pay2Win incoming

why not a auction house like it was in D3 ? This is the easiest way for a good trade for beginners and seniors !

At least D3 did not charge to list items.
In one of the Q&A threads, someone was asking if the non-combat could be made to lead the player towards the closest enemy, or something along those lines. The official reply they got was that it won't happen, because it could be considered buying power, and GGG aren't ok with such things.

So I'd like to ask, what has changed since then, if a cosmetic pet running towards enemies is considered buying power, but being able to efficiently trade without using 3rd party tools isn't?

I have a bunch of points left to get a premium tab or two, so I'll personally be fine no matter what happens to the 3rd party tools, but this is a very bad decision in my opinion. It would be nice if you upgraded one of the starting stash tabs, or gave one premium tabs to all players (current and future), otherwise I fear this might damage your reputation as the most fair f2p out there.
"
Thofak wrote:
In one of the Q&A threads, someone was asking if the non-combat could be made to lead the player towards the closest enemy, or something along those lines. The official reply they got was that it won't happen, because it could be considered buying power, and GGG aren't ok with such things.

So I'd like to ask, what has changed since then, if a cosmetic pet running towards enemies is considered buying power, but being able to efficiently trade without using 3rd party tools isn't?

I have a bunch of points left to get a premium tab or two, so I'll personally be fine no matter what happens to the 3rd party tools, but this is a very bad decision in my opinion. It would be nice if you upgraded one of the starting stash tabs, or gave one premium tabs to all players (current and future), otherwise I fear this might damage your reputation as the most fair f2p out there.

Maybe this is only first part of what they plan, so we should wait a bit I think. They are only buiding basic stuff now(being able to set buyouts, API to index things efficiently), they may change things afterwards.
You started the message with the problems with existing trading system (unfriendly, security concern, etc), then you said you have a solution for this problem. Great!

The next paragraph said go back to the existing trading system if you don't want to pay...

huh?
Awwwwww-Yeeaaaaah!
...thank you Elreon for forwarding my prayers to GGG ;-)

This lets those of us like me, who hate running a shop because it's tedious, now trade with the rest of the PoE community.

I had to check the date to make sure this wasn't April First, lol.

Let the games begin!

This is a game changer for PoE economy. PoE will now become a buyer's market. Prices will drop to more reasonable levels: no more widely varying ranges of prices.

Let all exalted orbs cry tears of joy!

Pay-2-Win?

For all of those complaining because it requires Premium tabs: then go about business as usual with the 3rd party trading tools. It's not Pay-2-Win because this is a convenience factor. You guys who already trade exponentially more than people like me can still sell your items the old way, and you already have the tools to do it, let alone are familiar with the process. As with all F2P games, the MTs are supposed to either give more eye candy or make things less cumbersome.

Now I understand that not everyone feels that way, because some expect F2P to mean only cosmetic items are for sale. Yet there were already stash tabs for sale in PoE anyways, so this is just taking it one step further. As for an unfair advantage, how about those who do PoE trading all day long as you're glued to your monitors vs those of us who can't. Life isn't fair, neither is gaming. I didn't complain about those people who can play PoE all day and trade all day, so why complain about this trading option in premium tabs only? You guys who can hang around all day are still going to sell way more than me for the time being.

And the need for premium tabs: understandable due to naming options. I certainly don't mind helping GGG succeed and keeping them out of the red. I've given them money (along with many others here) so that the rest of you can play for free, and continue to trade for free the old way, even if doing so isn't as convenient. Beggars can't be choosers.

Question for GGG

In the future, can this trading be automated by GGG servers so that we don't have to be logged in to manually perform the trade? I'm just a player, I can't stay logged in to my PoE client all day to trade. You said this was the "first wave", so I assume more changes will occur in the future.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Miazga wrote:
Why not make it for non premium stash too ?? Why ?? why ??

Regular stash tabs aren't customizable. People pay for the privilege to customize tabs, and for GGG to undermine that by allowing everyone to customize their tabs to set up shop is stupid as you can still do this w/o the premium tabs.

This is not really changing anything....yet

so keep ya panties on
"
WulfgangAdair wrote:
Diablo iii = $30
Dark Souls iii = $60
You & Girl Friend out a night = what, ~ $50 - $100?
Etc.

Path of Exile = Free
1 Premium Stash Tab = $4
6 Preimum Stash Tabs = $20

And, what is the question again?

Boom, and there you have it, absolutely spot on, couldn't have been said better!!!! All people are entitled to an opinion but I just can't grasp how some people can complain about this addition, period. Can anyone that has opposed or disliked this change realistically tell me they can't afford those amounts above for premium tabs, especially when the game's already free with TONS of updates/leagues/expansions/etc.? I mean, are you serious? It reminds me of the time Netflix upped there monthly rate for basic streaming to like $10-12 a month, and people were outraged with the increase, thinking it was some huge rip off for the product they were receiving. Really? This is no different, in my opinion. Grinding Gear Games has done what many other gaming companies have failed to do miserably, yet people complain about having to spend $4 or $20 on a free game. It baffles me that individuals can't come up with that small amount of money for something that isn't even required to accomplish any trading. Sorry, but there are three words for all of this:
Spoiler
sense of entitlement.
IGN: Mr_Dark_Passenger
A great step forward guys!
Now I wait for the next ones. I'm sure we're gonna get something really new.
Thank you :)

And for all who complain about the premium stash tab... well...
1) Nobody forces you to buy one. 3rd party stuff still works, for now.
2) If spending FIVE dollars (less than a Big Mac meal or lots of other bs people waste their money behind) to get the points for a premium tab, o just FIFTEEN POINTS to upgrade a standard one is such a big problem, then you should really check your priorities.
The Narra-Tor
Last edited by By_Tor on Mar 1, 2016, 3:23:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info