First Wave of Trade Improvements

i've never seen a company design their business model around 3rd party tools before

very interesting!
Why is this limited to premium tabs? I'm very disappointed.
So many people are upset but I'm personally very happy with this as the "First wave" and i'm sure the community has given GGG a lot to talk about to figure out how to make standard tabs abit more trade friendly for the ones complaining, But hey I mean you can still use procurement / acquisition / manually create your own shop so you don't lose anything with this patch it's just a % of players will gain an alternative way to run it.

also people please remember this is the "First wave" of trade improvements for better or worse they're trying to make it better for the players and even if it doesn't come out perfect on the first wave people voicing there opinions will make GGG realize they need to make some change regarding how they approach those improvements.

all in all I would really like a ribeye steak right now with some macaroni on the side.
I was pretty damn sure this was going to piss off a lot of people.

It's not necessarily a p2w feature, but it certainly gives you a pretty large advantage when it comes to trading. Stash tabs in the first place, buying more anyways, wasn't p2w, because you could make mule accounts and dual-box to mule.

Now if you don't have premium tabs, you're at a pretty CLEAR disadvantage compared to people who bought tabs.

It's not a big deal really for most players, but it goes against the non-p2w nature of this game. People who say it's not a big deal are either deluded or ignorant.
Last edited by zalfargia on Mar 1, 2016, 2:58:29 PM
I predict this thread will go over page 9000 in 3 days.
God have mercy on us all.
*cue generic epic Hans Zimmer theme*
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Mar 1, 2016, 2:56:22 PM
"
WulfgangAdair wrote:
Diablo iii = $30
Dark Souls iii = $60
You & Girl Friend out a night = what, ~ $50 - $100?
Etc.

Path of Exile = Free
1 Premium Stash Tab = $4
6 Preimum Stash Tabs = $20

And, what is the question again?

Dude will u give the the monies !?

I never spend more the like 5 bucks on a night out with a girl, for both of us ! and believe me it was a lot for me.

So yeah maybe for u spending few bucks it nothing, but not everyone playing this game lives in a country where u can afford to throw 20 bucks for premium stash tabs.

Think twice next time u post stuff like that
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Mar 1, 2016, 2:57:57 PM
Thank you! I'm sure this will bring back a lot of people into the game, me included :)
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
A person with 2 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 1 premium stash tab.
A person with 3 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 2 premium stash tabs.
A person with 4 premium stash tabs has an advantage over person with 3 premium stash tabs.

How is this system not pay-to-win?

Installing/configuring 3rd party tools takes time, effort and knowledge.
Most people don't have the advanced knowledge of configuring xml files.
Are kids and less-educated people supposed to always be at a disadvantage?

You are still perfectly able to trade using the forums to list items as well.
This doesn't prevent you from trading in the way that people have been, it just opens up a new option as the first part of several planned trade changes.

A new option that is only available to people who pay. Ok let me provide an example to make my point more clear.

Before the lockstep mode you could still play the game without it. The desync was annoying but the game was playable.

Imagine if you did this: You offer a micro-trasanction that unlocks the lockstep mode in the new patch. People complain saying that this is unfair (and some others say that it's just a dollar and whoever disagrees is a whiner and a troll). You respond saying that people can still play the game the way the were able to do before it's just that the lockstep mode opens a new option.

The point is, this feature is a feature that greatly enhances gameplay experience and it's supposed to be the starting point of a new trading system. And you make it so that only paying customers get this new feature.

And please don't tell me that I can use external tools like acquisition, I already do for some time now. You did not make these tools, you are not maintaining them nor you are responsible for them. If the creator of these tools stops supporting them then what?

In the end of the day you have to realise, this isn't about me or anyone else specifically (personally I have many premium tabs so this won't be a problem for me). It's alienating new players and deviating from your original goal to only make ethical microtransactions to support the game. In the end if this wasn't the stance of the company from the beginning, I would probably not be here today.

Many people who already play the game are supporting you because of your business model so far. Don't assume you can just change that without people getting upset about it.
"
Hidonian wrote:
So many people are upset but I'm personally very happy with this as the "First wave" and i'm sure the community has given GGG a lot to talk about to figure out how to make standard tabs abit more trade friendly for the ones complaining, But hey I mean you can still use procurement / acquisition / manually create your own shop so you don't lose anything with this patch it's just a % of players will gain an alternative way to run it.

also people please remember this is the "First wave" of trade improvements for better or worse they're trying to make it better for the players and even if it doesn't come out perfect on the first wave people voicing there opinions will make GGG realize they need to make some change regarding how they approach those improvements.

all in all I would really like a ribeye steak right now with some macaroni on the side.

Most understand all of that but the question is why only Premium Tabs? A a lot people have paid for regular stash tabs instead of the Premium tabs. Hell the regular tabs just went off sale.

I want a ribeye steak too but with a baked potato on the side =)
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

You are still perfectly able to trade using the forums to list items as well.
This doesn't prevent you from trading in the way that people have been, it just opens up a new option as the first part of several planned trade changes.

People will be able to trade regardless of whether or not they have made purchases. The trading system is being improved in several places however, and it will take time to introduce all the changes.

Why not make it for non premium stash too ?? Why ?? why ??
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info