More of Your Questions Answered!

Cloak of Flame 3d art. Do it. Long past time - why make the 2d art for a race item and leave the 3d hanging
So wait, everyone wants the globe ladies back right?

Just making sure because honestly the "new" globes look like a 7 year old drew them for the fridge.
Ground effects are still a big performance problems, I pass from 90 FPS to 50 if a map has ground effect, accettable if you got an expensive video card, but my friends are having 20/30 FPS in maps like orchard with ground effect, and right now it's annoying
"
I'm a casual player and I don't have too much time for trading, please do something for people like me in order to enjoy the experience of trading, I beg you.

It's worth noting that improvements to trading may benefit you a bit, but they benefit the non-casual players a LOT. This probably works against the casual players, rather than for it. People complain about flippers now, but imagine how bad it's going to be when that process is easier :P

Economy actually got a salvation for you:
Make flipping(selling/changing currency) so easy that all can do it, this way there will be more and more flipper(currency traders) that they will have to cut their price to sell anything till it equals proper currency ratios.

BTW any info on solving strongbox lag problem? allowing it to load monsters into ram on map load or smth?
Last edited by davinci663 on Jan 13, 2016, 8:28:42 AM
"
Jonathan told me on reddit that PoE supports UTF16 already, can you tell us why we are not allowed to use characters like Ö,Ä,Ü for our alter egos?

Certain characters that are present in Brazilian names are now allowed but are equivalent to their English equivalents. We may expand this for the characters you listed.

please make interactions with these names accent insensitive.
Very exciting about what's coming down the pipe for POE! Congrats on staying alive to 82 Chris; may you hit 90 without too many other 'scares' :)
The adventure is not outside...it is within.
regarding putting dev time into features where you aren't sure if players really put points in later.
just make a "feature fund" for these issues where players can assign a certain amount of points into.
if there are enough points you start implementing these features, if there aren't players just get back their points to spend elsewhere.
you can also make "sales" events for this fund, where players spend less to get their desired features, like in the rest of the game (ok, small joke).

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
There were a couple very hopeful posts about trade improvement, and then you completely shot down my hopes and dreams:

Post 1: I'm a casual player and I don't have too much time for trading, please do something for people like me in order to enjoy the experience of trading, I beg you.

It's worth noting that improvements to trading may benefit you a bit, but they benefit the non-casual players a LOT. This probably works against the casual players, rather than for it. People complain about flippers now, but imagine how bad it's going to be when that process is easier :P

Post 2: Auction House - can we expect one any time soon? I am a completely new player to PoE. Having to use third-party tools to search for items for sale is painful. Not having an automated way for something I post for sale to be bought and delivered to a customer means I will never sell anything, as I play the game to play the game, not to be a merchant.

The trade improvements will never be in the form of an auction house that has automated buyouts. There are many reasons for this, but the short answer is that trivial trading has a very negative impact on games. There are other trading improvements coming. Just no automatic buyouts.

I have only been playing for about a month or so. I love the game. But, trading is impossible for me on my schedule. Selling is a huge commitment in game. It just shouldnt be. I dont see why it should be this way. What is the negative impact of an AH/Market/Whatever? Can you please elaborate? These features have been lauded in every other game I have played, and made the game more streamlined.

I cant sell because buyers only reach out to people who are online. You know... because they want their item then and there. That is reasonable. I am online maybe 1.5 hours a day at night after work, and I put my daughter to bed. I want that time to be spent playing, but I cant progress because I cant sell my gear to get better gear, and forget about upgrades actually dropping... that simply doesnt happen. Trade is necessary for advancement, and it is currently damn near impossible unless you live and breathe in wraeclast.

PLEASE make this easier for guys like me. I love this game and want to commit to it for a long haul, but I cant see that without trade improvements that make so that I can advance.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Forum trading:

seller: POst item, with desired price
buyer1: offer equivalent value item
buyer2: offer x amount of currency
seller: can decide or/& barter with offerers

Auction house:

Scenario1

seller: new player post item way undervalued
buyer(sniperbot): buys within a second the item
buyers(human): lose
seller: lose

scenario2

SniperBot: buys all the undervalued items that are posted then sell them at a higher price

economy: hyperinflation

dude if you have played diablo3 you should know that a direct buyout auction house is a cancer for economy, its always taken over by bots

GGG wants to keep the interaction between players

Its easy to prevent this by adding real auction. So you just put item at AH, choose starting bid, deadline time (Dl time for bidding f.e. 6-48h) and then let buyers bidding. When you get final offer, DL is over and nobody gives new offer in next 1 hour trade is done (can be automated or could be definitely confirmed by seller)

I think it could be cool for everybody.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 13, 2016, 9:53:31 AM
The arguments against an AH are ridiculous. It would make things easier for flippers? Yeah so what? A person that is committed to flipping will do so anyway.

The AH ruined D3? Yeah, but it wasn't the only flaw of that game and there are plenty of games where the AH is a vital part of the gaming experience. Also noone forces you to enable real money options in the AH or repeat other past mistakes.

Also you justify not turning off ground effects with "it affecting only a small subset of people". How is that argument not true for flippers? So a small group of people who enjoy a stock market simulation more than playing the actual game (which is a personal choice which I have no problem with) will have their business made easier, while a large group of casual players can finally enjoy trading and more important advance in the game, sounds good to me.

As of right now the trading system is at the level of Diablo 2 around the year 2000. You have improvements planned for the future? Sounds good. Would sound even better if you weren't repeating that since open beta in 2013 (yes that's actually 3 years ago as of now).

I mean personally I play like almost exclusively solo selffound and I make good progress so there is no need to trade. Alas it breaks my heart every time I find a decent item i.e. a t2 unique/rare which might really help some players and is worth a few chaos and I just vendor it, because putting it into acquisition is not even worth my time, nevermind actually relogging and conducting the trade if someone wants to buy it.

It's not a big deal as I would only stash the currency in case I ever want to build a more expensive char which requires certain items. But I imagine there are many players out there to whom it would be a huge help if they would have a reliable way to purchase small upgrades to their char, thereby enabling them to deal with more difficult content i.e. higher tier maps, rare maps with tough rolls, atziri and so on.

Concerning the ground effect matter, I seriously doubt this only affects a small number of people, seeing how I got 200+ fps and ~25ms, but drop to 30-50 fps and start lagging on every ground effect map, meaning I reroll this mod no matter what, unless it's part of an awesome rare map. I can play Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and GTA V with a mixture of high and ultra settings, so I would say those ground effects are just not coded well enough and should be removed until they are overhauled.
www.deviantart.com/van1sh3d
Last edited by Unt0uch on Jan 13, 2016, 9:44:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info