More of Your Questions Answered!

"

The specific reason for not disabling them is that they only impact a tiny subset of users, but are used extensively by many game mechanics.

This is total and utter bs. It affects everyone. You can have a million dollar PC and still get bad fps if the area has ground effects.
1. The no auction house stance made me happy! No trade changes, would be better than ruining such a good game, with bad trade changes. Real time online tracking is as far as you should go.

2. Please add me to the list with $$$$$ for the Ladies !!!
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Jan 13, 2016, 3:25:05 AM
"

Do you have any plans for adding different skins to the UI? Or adding a MTX just for the UI so that we could change back and forth?

This is a possibility in the future but we don't plan to do it soon. Would it be popular? Does anyone else want this?

YES PLEASE!!!

"
"
Will improvements to the trade system make it into the next patch? Please please put this as priority.

Definitely not the next patch (which is tomorrow or something), but we're working on it.

"
Whatever happened to forum trading?

It's one of the later trading improvements in the plan. We'll go into the plan in more detail once we have a firmer timeline. Forum trading, for example, is a remarkably hard feature to implement.

"
Auction House - can we expect one any time soon? I am a completely new player to PoE. Having to use third-party tools to search for items for sale is painful. Not having an automated way for something I post for sale to be bought and delivered to a customer means I will never sell anything, as I play the game to play the game, not to be a merchant.

The trade improvements will never be in the form of an auction house that has automated buyouts. There are many reasons for this, but the short answer is that trivial trading has a very negative impact on games. There are other trading improvements coming. Just no automatic buyouts.

"
I'm a casual player and I don't have too much time for trading, please do something for people like me in order to enjoy the experience of trading, I beg you.

It's worth noting that improvements to trading may benefit you a bit, but they benefit the non-casual players a LOT. This probably works against the casual players, rather than for it. People complain about flippers now, but imagine how bad it's going to be when that process is easier :P

Regarding "Auctionhouse" / Trading System
Ok I´m really sorry to say this but I guess Bli$$ard just ruined the whole AH feature/concept! Trading is/was really important in every "loot-based" game especially in ARPGs, but basicly we have the same system like in the year 2000! I mean yeah still "never change a working system" but then we would use horses to travel around... D3 showed how its not be done pure "marketplace". If you want player interactions just think about:
Ingame Feature that allowes us to use basiccly poe.trade ingame and if you click on contact its like we are "@name" ... Its nothing more nothing less. I´m not a fan of direct buyouts myself, but this current system is just a rly lame excuse. I hope I havent lost you guys.
Just think about the D3 AH but with poe stats that you can fill out. Same thing with items you can place and you can say B/O prices but WITHOUT the automated trading!
If you want to buy something you just click auf contact and the rest will be the same. A cool feature would be to mark one or more stashtabs as "selling tabs" if you open your feature and like to add an item it only shows those tabs. Then you just click on them, select a currency and determin the b/o price! Ofc you can say its offer based and i want to sell it within 10days or something like that.

Regarding the "yeah flipping would be skyrocketing"
This is the first league I opened a shop and I realised some times when I´m updating my shop with new items I basicly getting three to five "instant" msg: "Hey I would like to buy your xyz listed for"...
Srsly the bots are alrdy online...
You will have flippers no matter what, but saying a complicated system is better as a new implemented system is just meh...
Currently you have to either manage your shop manually or u use 3rd party tools (sry i dont trust them -.-)... but then the fun begins... i have to do it and when i want to buy something i have to open my browser and search for an item... so people are leaving you game in order to get items to having more fun playing the game... makes sense right? no?!
Just add the filter options of poe xyz into the game! Add or let us mark our selling tabs! QoL level 9000+!

"
Are custom (paid) leagues still something you'd like to see done?
Yes. It hasn't been prioritised yet as it doesn't add content to the core game itself. Now that the core game is looking pretty meaty, this is the type of thing we can investigate in the future. Do people still want to pay for custom private leagues?

Depending on the possibilities its a great new way to expierience POE in gerneral... Lets just say crowdfunded league etc pp got plenty of ideas regarding new ways of income for you if you are intrested just pm me :D

"

Have you guys ever seen/pet a kiwi in real life?

You can see them in zoos in New Zealand. They're way too rare to actually encounter in the wild near cities though.

damn i thought they arent that rare :/ i think ill getting my kiwi pet out of my transaction tab >.<

"
What about a mobile-friendly version of the web site? Seriously, having to zoom in and out when reading the forum posts on the phone is painful.

Absolutely agreed.

Nothing to add here its just horrible >.<

"
Will you give radius back to elemental proliferation?

This is unlikely.

Its really sad to see that the skill isnt used in anyform anywhere... :(

"

The idea of having a 2-6 slot currency satchel was a popular recommendation recently. Are you considering adding this in the future? Maybe even adding the satchel slots as quest rewards?

Individual team members have commented that they like this idea, but we haven't had an actual meeting to discuss it with two or more people yet.

Call in a meeting them I guess every1 is w8ing for the feature... 2 slots are alrdy gone due to ID/Portal scrolls + some rolling currency >.<
Last edited by XRacKS on Jan 13, 2016, 3:34:32 AM
Where do we ask questions for this list?
patch tomorrow or something hype.. hope it has Femurs of the Saints fix
"
Chris wrote:

Right now ground effects hit performance too hard on specific configurations. Why you just don't disable them from appearing in the game temporary (and enable later, after working fix will be released)?

The specific reason for not disabling them is that they only impact a tiny subset of users, but are used extensively by many game mechanics.

Then please allow us to disable it. my best game buddy has stopped playing because of this problem, I miss him.
If there is an option to disable them, you'll make this "subset of users" back into the game.
I don't ask for a fix, just an option to disable them.
Is it feasible ?
Seems you are actually investing a lot of time and money into trading finally. Thank the gods, and thank you Chris.

"
Jonathan told me on reddit that PoE supports UTF16 already, can you tell us why we are not allowed to use characters like Ö,Ä,Ü for our alter egos?

Certain characters that are present in Brazilian names are now allowed but are equivalent to their English equivalents. We may expand this for the characters you listed.
I need to buy more character slots now to reserve more names. :3
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
"
Do you have any plans for adding different skins to the UI? Or adding a MTX just for the UI so that we could change back and forth?

This is a possibility in the future but we don't plan to do it soon. Would it be popular? Does anyone else want this?

Still on holiday but signed in just to post this, I would LOVE even pay to have an mtx that brings back the chained ladies, but you could also do so much more with this idea as well, I can picture a vaal them bar or maybe other aspects of PoE. Monsters, acts, more generic.

But to be fair I don't know how many others would be interested in this, but hey I would be.
#NeverGoing90
Cool. Because Boss dislikes auto-sort, we cannot expect this.
Thank you Mastah.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Nice Q&A, thanks.
Chris, I would love to see poe.trade + Aquisition functionality built-in PoE. No need for auto buyouts just make it so one can play a game without alt-tab for every search to third party software. I just want to play PoE within PoE...
Anyways, one can dream.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info