(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
Here is his profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1482301/page/58

Hi Demopolos. Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Thank you for the build. I think the link you posted above leads back to this page not your friends profile.
"
voonhon wrote:
Hi Demopolos. Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Thank you for the build. I think the link you posted above leads back to this page not your friends profile.

Thanks man- I'm a lucky guy. :D

Also, appreciate you pointing out I left the wrong link... was exhausted when I left that last post.

Correct link to my friend's build (fixed in last post too): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BONGSareBETTER/characters

Some context:
-Showing you guys this as an example of viability for new players, in a new league... we spent ~4ex (yes, I got some solid deals... you can too!), and his character is fast farming t15-11 with ease and farming uber lab for $$$ now
-My friend is very new to PoE (one character he played for a few weeks like 1.5 years ago before this)... I gave him 10c to get started with fb/non leg meginord/some iron rings
-Over the course of the next 3 weeks he generated about 4 ex in all, and I bought him all his current gear with this in 2-3 sittings (took me maybe ~1.5 hours of shopping total... take your time finding the right items!)
-I got lucky on his 6L astral, someone undersold it as a white 6L because it was ilvl 69... I chaos crafted to get it as it is with about ~95 chaos total spent
-Boots cost 1 ex (solid snipe)
-Steel rings were like 50 and 40 chaos
-Ammy was 6 chaos
-Belt was 11 chaos
-Shield was 18 chaos
-FB and Abby... I can't remember... 40 chaos total?

Most folks can put there heads down and generate a few ex in a league (dried lake > fill out atlas t1-10 > start spamming strand > farm uber lab) to get a build going. Hope this is a good model for newer players that want an easily scalable FB build.
Really enjoyed playing your Shield Charge build this league. Thanks for the well made guide.
It's understandable that most guides post "buffed" numbers to show a build's maximum potential.

However, could you post stats without, just so we're able to have realistic comparisons.
GEAR

-I personally feel voidheart is not necessary.
-I am looking for 2 steel rings with T1 fla phy and life rolls and a similar amulet with better resistance.
-HoA + Inc Burning + Ele Prolif works great , i do have like 60 mana , but well worth it.
-For bosses i tried using ice crash with conc effect , great damage (phy as well as cold)
-My Reckoning does more dmg than any other thing.

Any advice ?
Last edited by sejwaldevansh on Apr 22, 2017, 4:11:28 PM
"
ilizan wrote:
Really enjoyed playing your Shield Charge build this league. Thanks for the well made guide.

Thanks man! Happy it worked out well for you. Really appreciate it when people fully read the guide and just play, as it's all in there. :D

"
AsianBushman wrote:
It's understandable that most guides post "buffed" numbers to show a build's maximum potential.

However, could you post stats without, just so we're able to have realistic comparisons.

I posted the buffed numbers as when you're mapping/killing bosses, with proper play, these are your real numbers. You always can keep up flasks vs bosses (except sustained guardian/shaper fights, at times), and it's easy to keep your frenzy charges and things up.

What would you like me to share as a reference? Conc effect hideout dps with auras/golem, but no charges or flasks? Let me know.

"
sejwaldevansh wrote:

-I am looking for 2 steel rings with T1 fla phy and life rolls and a similar amulet with better resistance.
-HoA + Inc Burning + Ele Prolif works great , i do have like 60 mana , but well worth it.
-For bosses i tried using ice crash with conc effect , great damage (phy as well as cold)

Any advice ?

-Voidheart definitely is not necessary... it will lower your life and make res harder, and decrease your front end damage (thus not really buffing your map clear speed). That said, it is an extremely big buff for the hardest bosses in the game. It's good to swap to a voidheart setup for farming shaper/guardians/uber atziri, if you choose to try it with this build. (not mandatory though, esp if you have good micro)
-Yep, you're correct to get 2x steel with t1 phys/life/some res or atts. Depending on your league/budget you can message me in game and i can see if I have anything that's a fit for you.
-The hoa - inc burn - ele prolif - aoe (should have aoe in here for full experience) setup is really greeat but takes lots of mana. If you run this, it's best to ALWAYS use conc effect to maximize overkill damage, and is easier if you grab some aura nodes in tree (the ones NW of templar). For me, I prefer to run maps with AoE on my SC and simply max out dps... don't find this is needed but it's a fun alternative.
-Reckoning is indeed great... haven't tested ice crash vs cyclone (since cyclone was so far superior for so long) for single target this patch. Worth looking into perhaps but I just assume cyclone wins.

Advice for improvement:
-I don't personally find BoR to be optimal vs abby and a good 6L. You get much more dps and gain back links with this switch. BoR is cool, but probly best to min max on a gladiator setup.
-If you don't have it, saving up for red nightmare is amazing with surrender. Like really really good. :D
-Don't use warden's brand ever. It's so bad for us with that attack speed reduction. Remember that your dps is your SC tooltip * your attacks per second. You are better off with like any ring with t1 phys + life + something useful.
-YOU NEED an anti freeze flask. The mod on your quicksilver should be this. You are also already immune to bleed/stun so no need for that mod on your life flask.
-Don't need the life flask... swap it for dying sun (for speed in maps) or sin's rebirth (if rich for more dps).
-If you don't have em, get 4x gg jewels... I have some for sale in both leagues if you need.

Hope this helps you mate!
"
demopolos wrote:
"
ilizan wrote:

Thanks man! Happy it worked out well for you. Really appreciate it when people fully read the guide and just play, as it's all in there. :D

"
AsianBushman wrote:

I posted the buffed numbers as when you're mapping/killing bosses, with proper play, these are your real numbers. You always can keep up flasks vs bosses (except sustained guardian/shaper fights, at times), and it's easy to keep your frenzy charges and things up.

What would you like me to share as a reference? Conc effect hideout dps with auras/golem, but no charges or flasks? Let me know.

"
sejwaldevansh wrote:

Any advice ?

-Voidheart definitely is not necessary... it will lower your life and make res harder, and decrease your front end damage (thus not really buffing your map clear speed). That said, it is an extremely big buff for the hardest bosses in the game. It's good to swap to a voidheart setup for farming shaper/guardians/uber atziri, if you choose to try it with this build. (not mandatory though, esp if you have good micro)
-Yep, you're correct to get 2x steel with t1 phys/life/some res or atts. Depending on your league/budget you can message me in game and i can see if I have anything that's a fit for you.
-The hoa - inc burn - ele prolif - aoe (should have aoe in here for full experience) setup is really greeat but takes lots of mana. If you run this, it's best to ALWAYS use conc effect to maximize overkill damage, and is easier if you grab some aura nodes in tree (the ones NW of templar). For me, I prefer to run maps with AoE on my SC and simply max out dps... don't find this is needed but it's a fun alternative.
-Reckoning is indeed great... haven't tested ice crash vs cyclone (since cyclone was so far superior for so long) for single target this patch. Worth looking into perhaps but I just assume cyclone wins.

Advice for improvement:
-I don't personally find BoR to be optimal vs abby and a good 6L. You get much more dps and gain back links with this switch. BoR is cool, but probly best to min max on a gladiator setup.
-If you don't have it, saving up for red nightmare is amazing with surrender. Like really really good. :D
-Don't use warden's brand ever. It's so bad for us with that attack speed reduction. Remember that your dps is your SC tooltip * your attacks per second. You are better off with like any ring with t1 phys + life + something useful.
-YOU NEED an anti freeze flask. The mod on your quicksilver should be this. You are also already immune to bleed/stun so no need for that mod on your life flask.
-Don't need the life flask... swap it for dying sun (for speed in maps) or sin's rebirth (if rich for more dps).
-If you don't have em, get 4x gg jewels... I have some for sale in both leagues if you need.

Hope this helps you mate!

Yes , this helps a lot
-I am using Red Nightmare , so i have 75% block chance.
-The reason i use BOR is because , i dont understand how can i tank any high phy dmg boss(Touch of God etc ) with abby + any chest except Coil + taste of hate. Yes i miss out on a 4L and res. But will give it a try for sure ......
-thank you for pointing out that my flasks were not optimal , i will reroll them today itself.

I got 4 question for you
- Which chest to buy , given my gear ( BOB / Legacy Coil / any other )
- In trials / Lab / some maps i found my movement speed too slow ( Compared to my juggernaut ) anything which can improve this ?
- my budget is 2ex per ring , i have a ilvl84 T1 life T3 flat phy ring, Should i Chaos spam steel ring or use Deafening Essence of Contempt (25c ea).

Last edited by sejwaldevansh on Apr 24, 2017, 6:02:35 AM
"
sejwaldevansh wrote:
Yes , this helps a lot
-I am using Red Nightmare , so i have 75% block chance.
-The reason i use BOR is because , i dont understand how can i tank any high phy dmg boss(Touch of God etc ) with abby + any chest except Coil + taste of hate. Yes i miss out on a 4L and res. But will give it a try for sure ......
-thank you for pointing out that my flasks were not optimal , i will reroll them today itself.

I got 4 question for you
- Which chest to buy , given my gear ( BOB / Legacy Coil / any other )
- In trials / Lab / some maps i found my movement speed too slow ( Compared to my juggernaut ) anything which can improve this ?
- my budget is 2ex per ring , i have a ilvl84 T1 life T3 flat phy ring, Should i Chaos spam steel ring or use Deafening Essence of Contempt (25c ea).

Will try to answer all your questions... though some are in OP! Please consult the gear guide there as I put together a ton of this info.

-You will do better with Abby vs boss imo as you will have a lot more damage, and the huge armour gained (from 6L astral) offsets a lot of the abby penalty
-In general most builds (especially life ones) should manually dodge the "smash" attack of the hardest bosses in the game (i.e. phoenix guardian fire aoe/shaper teleport slam/etc...). You can facetank all else and it's a good skill to learn. Just about every life build in the game without legacy Kaoms can't facetank Shaper teleport, so you need to practice sometime.
-I recommend a good 6L astral (make sure it has a strong life roll), or a belly (not as much armour/res but more life)
-Your movement speed shouldn't feel slow... just keep your movement flask active and SC everywhere. If you kill stuff along the way you can activate vaal haste for more speed. It's pretty good? It won't compare to like 300% MS queen of the forest lab farming builds, but it's a very competent uber lab farming character. I am not good at all and I regularly do 5 minute runs. See my lab run video in OP for a (somewhat sloppy) example.
-With your 2 ex budget, I would scan market for cheap deafening tier steel rings that are already rolled. If you want something fast, just buy t1 phys steel rings already rolled and add master mod for res or atts you need (I got my friend 2 of these for 90 c total that are solid, see example of "5 ex gear" in OP).

On a side note... drop the Warlord's Reach jewel. It's only good on cyclone where you need the aoe. You will be better off with a good rare here for more life and dps. Viper Desire jewel is pretty bad too, it's really just life + 1 dmg mod since you have no damage over time (no voidheart for poison/bleed... not good to scale this way anyway if you do). Try to replace this when you can.

Hope this helps man!
Last edited by demopolos on Apr 25, 2017, 8:41:13 PM
I don´t know if someone brought this upp before but i have a problem with reflect dmg monster. And that ain´t good in hc. What should i do? i have low budget
Will this build be a good league starter/ lab farmer in 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info