(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
demopolos wrote:

Since your setup is pretty complete, i would just look for good deals on potential upgrades, and bring 1-2 really solid items back.

I'd look for:
-6L astral (you can get the cards for a white one, and craft yourself, or snipe a rare one)
-already rolled deafening steel ring
-Ammy with t1 life and phys and more supporting res/atts than yours
-dying sun if you don't own one
-similar boots with higher life and/or more res/str or armour base

Hope this helps!

thanks it sure helped.

i guess getting dying sun flask will give me the most bang for my bucks? 3ex. but damn i feel like im overpaying for the +2additional projectiles tho. thats something we don't need :(

probably a good astral next. with all the extra res i'll then adjust the other items accordingly for more life/phys dmg
Hey, I was wondering what im doing wrong, as i am only sitting at 10k DPS Unbuffed.I understand my FB arent perfect that high, but im in legacy.. and i feel like something is wrong damage wise.. H

I am also using the red nightmare gem.. I am currently level 75, however i have already hit all of the DPS nodes and only have the life ones left.

Last edited by Damian831 on May 6, 2017, 3:13:59 PM
Shield Charge tooltip displays per hit. Not Dps btw.

If your attack per second is 3 then your DPS would be 30k not 10k.
why you have berserker as ascendary?

we don't use 2 hand or am i wrong?
Btw Demo, is switching to Cyclone or Frenzy the better way to do Shaper?

Thinking of buying a Tukohama just for shapers. The lack of dps from Shield Charge is glaring here lol.

Shield Charge is pretty chill on Guardians.

Hydra = Facetank
Chimaera = Facetank
Phoenix = Just dodging mechanics
Minotaur = Facetank moving out of cave ins.
Great build. Was able to take this one all the way to 100.
Hey! great guide , got up to Lvl 89 and farming tier 14/15 very nicely and fast.
Currently saving up for the red nightmare. It is quite expensive so my question is: is it worth it , does it make a big difference?

Perhaps you could also give me some tipps on what to improve ? Obviously amulet and rings, thinking about selling the void heart and going for two steel rings ?

Last edited by T11b0ne on May 8, 2017, 2:50:02 PM
"
eddiec93 wrote:
thanks it sure helped.

i guess getting dying sun flask will give me the most bang for my bucks? 3ex. but damn i feel like im overpaying for the +2additional projectiles tho. thats something we don't need :(

probably a good astral next. with all the extra res i'll then adjust the other items accordingly for more life/phys dmg

Don't be worried about overpaying for 2 proj... almost no build that uses dying sun makes use of BOTH the aoe and projectiles. Dying sun is very nice for general mapping/leveling, as it has a noticeable effect on clear speed. Less monsters left behind/no doubling back is great!

As always with upgrades, I'd just go down the list I made for you and get whatever you can find the best deal on.

"
Damian831 wrote:
Hey, I was wondering what im doing wrong, as i am only sitting at 10k DPS Unbuffed.I understand my FB arent perfect that high, but im in legacy.. and i feel like something is wrong damage wise.. H

I am also using the red nightmare gem.. I am currently level 75, however i have already hit all of the DPS nodes and only have the life ones left.

Your FB being perfect/legacy is not that big of a deal. You are fine with non legacy.

Keep in mind that in evaluating your damage, for mapping you should have:
-Auras up
-Golem up
-Bloodrage + frenzy charges up
-Warchief totem down
-vaal haste up
-flasks up
-multiply your tooltip X your attacks per second

The reason for this is that... with good play you really can keep all of this stuff up while farming maps! The flasks/totem are always there when you need it.

Also... don't forget to swap in concentrated effect and do the same dps check above! This IS YOUR REAL dps versus bosses, as you can always take 1 second to switch aoe for conc effect, and your flasks etc should always be up vs bosses (outside of guardians/shaper where you have partial uptime).

Don't worry too much... how does you damage feel while mapping? Good right?

"
why you have berserker as ascendary?

we don't use 2 hand or am i wrong?

We don't use berserker, we use slayer. Also, the lost 2h mods don't matter, because it's still the ascendency that gives the best clear speed and safety:
- 50% less dmg reflect taken
- 20% more dmg
- 15 % aoe
- free onslaught
- perma leech
- stun/bleed immune
- some other useful stuff

Nothing compares to this, except gladiator. Gladiator is great if you want a more defensive build for shaper/guardian farming... it's solid af. Less clearspeed (onslaught/aoe) and no perma leech, but awesome max block)

"
AsianBushman wrote:
Btw Demo, is switching to Cyclone or Frenzy the better way to do Shaper?

Thinking of buying a Tukohama just for shapers. The lack of dps from Shield Charge is glaring here lol.

Shield Charge is pretty chill on Guardians.

Hydra = Facetank
Chimaera = Facetank
Phoenix = Just dodging mechanics
Minotaur = Facetank moving out of cave ins.

Hmm... Surrender is a damn strong shield, and so is a good rare (for the armour/life/str/res). Tukohama would be cool dps for the totem but I am not sure.

I can vouch for swapping to cyclone for shaper... this is what I did for my FB shaper kill. I have not done a comparison with frenzy for awhile, so I can't comment from experience here. If you test, please let us know!

I have had a similar time with SC and guardians. It's not the fastest in the world, but good enough! This is really a general clear speed build with a chill playstyle, that happens to be okay for guardians/shaper too.

"
Ninjabassist wrote:
Great build. Was able to take this one all the way to 100.

Congratulations man! This is a big accomplishment... takes some real time. :D

Thanks for sharing!

"
T11b0ne wrote:
Hey! great guide , got up to Lvl 89 and farming tier 14/15 very nicely and fast.
Currently saving up for the red nightmare. It is quite expensive so my question is: is it worth it , does it make a big difference?

Perhaps you could also give me some tipps on what to improve ? Obviously amulet and rings, thinking about selling the void heart and going for two steel rings ?

I can't look at your character for detailed feedback, as your characters are hidden!

Yes, Red Nightmare is definitely worth it (assuming you don't have really low hanging fruit in your gear). It's amazing as you get 14 block and a free source of endurance charges for 1 jewel slot and a bit of reorienting the tree. Very efficient imo, and improves our defenses quite a bit.

If you already have a legacy voidheart, it's very good to keep in your build as it makes bosses easier (though not quite as good as steel for map clear speed, due to less front end dmg... doubling back for loot from things that are poison/bled down). If it's a non legacy, I'd sell it. In general you want t1 phys on all your jewelry, and as much life/res/str as you can fit (and meet your dex/int attribute requirements).

Let me know if you unhide your profile and I'll take a look when time permits!

Last edited by T11b0ne on May 10, 2017, 5:46:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info