(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Has anybody done any testings on the new unique ring Warden's brand? Any thoughts on it? Possible perfect rolls of 16-54 damage seems pretty huge. 30% reduced attack speed is pretty noticeable but I'm curious how big of a difference it really ends up being. Playing Shield Charge for now so I guess slower bigger hits is a good thing, but maybe for cyclone it is not worth it?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden%27s_Brand
"
Namcap wrote:
Has anybody done any testings on the new unique ring Warden's brand? Any thoughts on it? Possible perfect rolls of 16-54 damage seems pretty huge. 30% reduced attack speed is pretty noticeable but I'm curious how big of a difference it really ends up being. Playing Shield Charge for now so I guess slower bigger hits is a good thing, but maybe for cyclone it is not worth it?

ya i just tested it, and i feel it is way slower... i would maybe only use it while lvling if i need more DPS, but the reduce in movement speed is to huge to be beneficial (if u already have good dmg)
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
After speccing one of my standard Duelists into the Shield Charge version, I must say this build is absolutely great!

In Essence I am currently leveling a Blade Vortex Pathfinder (how original, I know), but admit I am kind of finding it boring. So far I have generated just short of 10 chaos (been really slow, only in Cruel!). This is enough to get a reasonable roll Facebreakers + a Meginord's Girdle (about 7-8c + 1c).

Do you think that those two items would be sufficient to get SC up and running for the entire leveling process on a fresh Duelist? Or would our damage output + attack speed (or lack thereof) still make for a slow enough clear speed (with SC) that we may as well follow the usual "whatever you have until Cyclone" deal?

Trying not to die of burnout with all these acts to clear >.>
I'm playing blade vortex pathfinder as well (Boring atm). I played shield charge slayer (Mathil's) last league and loved it! Thinking of doing it again. I see you're levelling a berserker with shield charge atm, is it worth following this guide or are you going to update it with a berserker version?
"
m0onknight wrote:
I'm playing blade vortex pathfinder as well (Boring atm). I played shield charge slayer (Mathil's) last league and loved it! Thinking of doing it again. I see you're levelling a berserker with shield charge atm, is it worth following this guide or are you going to update it with a berserker version?

heymai i ask do you prefer Mathil build OR Demopolo build?! why?!

Also is using 4 skillpoints to get Rampart rly usefull??~~ its the fortify boost
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 18, 2016, 10:43:53 AM
Would the shield charge build be viable in hardcore? It looks looks like such a fun skill!
Hi guys! I've been leveling a marauder essence league with this build, as it's the only class I don't have leveled atm. I DO NOT think it's the best ascendency, although it's solid... the 40% "more" damage and 1-2% life/mana leech is really good. It lacks the AoE of slayer or the defensive nature of champion though.

I know I haven't updated OP in a long time. I have been testing a few variants on the tree, and different aura setups. I am very busy in irl right now, but will try to update when time permits!

I have gotten a lot of questions as to if the build is suitable for leagues/budget builds. YES, it is.

Here's a video from earlier today of me clearing dried lake at level 69. If you look at the end, you can see I'm getting 240m exp/hr, which is pretty great for solo dried lake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKkAMyPEK4

In the video here, my gear is: aby, tabula, 747% fb, meginords, and a bunch of rares that cost me 1 c or less. So the performance you're seeing is roughly 1 ex 30 c. That said, I did this without aby (just purchased) right before, and it looked very similar outside of voll being slower... so you can do this on 30 c easily. You don't really need abysus till t10 + maps.

Here's the tree I'm using for leveling the marauder: poeurl.com/MvP

The damage is already really overkill for the content my guy is up against. My shield charge with AoE on it is near 20k @ 3.22 aps, and my warchief 4L is 140k dps (no flasks). Cyclone I believe is over 250k if I swap.

"
CptOmen wrote:
Is this build scaling so well in 2.4 too ?

Yes, see above. :D

"
Namcap wrote:

I have tested it a bit. It is an amazing dps ring at the price, but as xenochaos said, the lost attack speed really hurts mapping clear speed (slows down shield charge). You can get more dps with this ring, if it has max rolls, than anything else in the game I believe.

This said, a steel ring with t1 phys and attack speed will be a much better ring overall I think.

"
TheDarklite wrote:
After speccing one of my standard Duelists into the Shield Charge version, I must say this build is absolutely great!

In Essence I am currently leveling a Blade Vortex Pathfinder (how original, I know), but admit I am kind of finding it boring. So far I have generated just short of 10 chaos (been really slow, only in Cruel!). This is enough to get a reasonable roll Facebreakers + a Meginord's Girdle (about 7-8c + 1c).

Do you think that those two items would be sufficient to get SC up and running for the entire leveling process on a fresh Duelist? Or would our damage output + attack speed (or lack thereof) still make for a slow enough clear speed (with SC) that we may as well follow the usual "whatever you have until Cyclone" deal?

Trying not to die of burnout with all these acts to clear >.>

Thanks man! Yes, 10 c should get you started. Get the best FB/megi you can at that price, then use your alch/fuse to get rings with t1 physical rolls. This will be more than enough to get you started.

As you level buy the div card for tabula 2 c at a time and turn it in. Tabula + megi + fb + cheapo phys jewelry will create a super fast merci dried lake farmer. From there just grind and save for an abyssus.

For quality of life, I would run SC on a 5-6L and use a 4L ancestral warchief. This supplements your damage really well for bosses, and lets u have the OP mapping clear speed we all want for getting through the content.

"
m0onknight wrote:

I do not think berserker is better than slayer/champ. I am just running this as I really wanted a leveled marauder. :D

If you want a general leveling setup (tree works for both duelist and marauder), look at my character "demos_pwner". This is the tree I'm using right now, and it's been working beautifully for a new character in league using SC + 4L warchief.

I will try to update OP in general sometime soon. The build has a bunch of great variants I have been playing with, and totally depends on what we want out of the character.

For example:
-OP bosskiller = 6L cycloner with hoa + hatred + determination, 4L sc
-OP clearspeed = 6L sc with hoa + hatred + vuln aura, no warchief to leave room for vaal haste
-Fun Burn/Balanced = 6L cyclone with hatred and hoa 4L (prolif/burn/aoe), 4L sc

"
Would the shield charge build be viable in hardcore? It looks looks like such a fun skill!

Yes, definitely.

If you want to play this in HC, I recommend grabbing shield nodes (including the 4 above tireless) and trying to squeeze determination into build (can do hoa + determination + hatred with the aura nodes). Focus heavily on grabbing all life nodes before maxxing out damage. A 1.5k + armour shield will be vital here.

Last edited by demopolos on Sep 18, 2016, 7:01:30 PM
I'm currently playing this build with a slightly different tree. I was wondering where the number in the thread title for the shield charge variant came from? 80k/hit seems like something I'll never reach, although my gear is getting close to optimal. Am I missing something crucial that I oversaw?

You can see my tree and gear on my profile. If you have any suggestions, feel free to make 'em :)

The biggest improvement I can imagine at the moment is to add a vulnerability-blasphemy setup in stead of the CWDT enfeeble I have at the moment, but not sure if that is worth it.

EDIT: yeah, I really don't get it. Your ancestral warchief 4link is at 140k without flasks, mine is at 75k without flasks. And I think my gear is slightly better than yours. I'm really missing something somewhere..
Last edited by Epps on Sep 18, 2016, 7:46:11 PM
"
Epps wrote:
I'm currently playing this build with a slightly different tree. I was wondering where the number in the thread title for the shield charge variant came from? 80k/hit seems like something I'll never reach, although my gear is getting close to optimal. Am I missing something crucial that I oversaw?

You can see my tree and gear on my profile. If you have any suggestions, feel free to make 'em :)

The biggest improvement I can imagine at the moment is to add a vulnerability-blasphemy setup in stead of the CWDT enfeeble I have at the moment, but not sure if that is worth it.

EDIT: yeah, I really don't get it. Your ancestral warchief 4link is at 140k without flasks, mine is at 75k without flasks. And I think my gear is slightly better than yours. I'm really missing something somewhere..

Hey mate! The 80k/hit number in OP... came from my damage per hit in tooltip with full buff.

Here it is:

In the screen I have 75.6k, but it's over 80k with flame golem instead of lightning golem (not really decided on which is better). This is with my standard gear/gems/jewels, which WAS very min max (before steel rings came around). I am also using conc effect instead of AoE here, which takes the dps from 48k ish to 75.6k, but this screen accurately reflects my boss dps with SC. Now my tooltip is a bit higher, I can take another screen sometime soon.

If you want to see how your dps compares, look at your tooltip with your: auras, frenzy charges, golem, onslaught, and flasks.

Vuln-blasph is very worth it. Right now on my std setup I run NO ancestral warchief, to make room for the following auras: hatred - hoa - vuln/blasph. I like it with my gear, as I don't really need the warchief for bosses anymore. It's a really nice setup for general mapping, but only with super GG gear (otherwise, for endgame bosses, you either need warchief, or use 6L cyclone with 4L sc).

I checked out your gear, if you are wanting to min/max your stuff completely, here are my suggestions:
-Get lion's roar! this is 40% "more" damage potential you are missing for bosses (drop one of your life flasks and/or mana flask... you can get .4% mana leech on a jewel or piece of jewelry to make this work)
-Get all of your gems 20/20... this is a MUCH bigger dps increase than you might think
-Save up for a better rare shield, roll 4-7 flat physical on it
-Fill all your jewel slots with FOUR useful mods... this is hard but impactful
-Reroll boots enchant for 12% attack speed (or more) on kill
-Reroll helm enchant for shield charge damage or speed
-Save up for 21/20 or 20/23 (whichever is better, look up individually) on relevant gems
-When you migrate to standard get a legacy meginords
-Get some more levels!

Hope this helps you man!

Last edited by demopolos on Sep 18, 2016, 10:33:53 PM
is not getting INT on gear, and NOT lvling blue gem to lvl 20, a big DPS loss?!

i have 91 INT atm, and sqeezing in mroe INt on gear would be a lot problematic atm... so is letting my BLUE gem around lvl 10 a rly bad idea?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info