(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

I am currently playing another cyclone champion in essence and want to change to your build, but i only own a 5L carcass jack. Which gem would you leave out? And is Uber lab possible with this char?
thx this good build.

I play this build (champion) for SC essence league.

i want to run uber atziri this build.

now i dont have abyssus and 6L carcass.

so i think buy abyssus first.

next tabula.

i know too hard damage taken.

but i wish DPS is justice :).

plz tell me how many need DPS to clear uber atziri.

sry im japanese but english.
what is the DPS with non-legacy facebreaker?

what ascendancy do you recommend ?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 7, 2016, 7:45:53 PM
Hi all! Will do my best to respond to all questions, though I am just starting to dig into new content. I will come back and flesh out an update with anything major. The biggest thing here... steel rings. The flat physical damage is amazing for us. Beyond that we got a slight aoe nerf for slayer, which isn't a big deal (still the best offensive ascendancy imo).

"
magicbeluga wrote:
I would like to ask since i didnt play for some time, is there any major changes in the build since the new 2.4 Atlas patch and if there are what should be changed? Thank you in advance for your answer.

No huge changes. Will dig into content and face all the bosses and update if there is anything that feels worthwhile. Just try to grab as much flat physical everywhere as usual, and choose between champion (defense) and slayer (offense) setup. Imo pick either cyclone or shield charge... shield charge being faster map clearer and cyclone being better boss slayer. If you go cyclone still use shield charge 4L imo (likely with end charge on melee stun - fast attacks - fortify).

Hope this helps!

"
Namcap wrote:
Weird request but can anyone playing this build (Standard or Essence) see how much dps you're getting WITHOUT Abyssus?

I decided to go for a different, cheap and easy to scale build to start Essence. Except I hate it and there is no way I am taking this to level 90. I want to switch to FB Cyclone/Shield Charge and I have enough to buy FB and Meginord, but not the abyssus (they're like 1.5ex when I checked and I don't sell anything).

Curious if I can get a reasonable amount of dps to get to mid-tier maps without Abyssus. A long time ago I played FB builds on standard with legacy gear and never tried it without abyssus so I have no idea what it would look like.

Just hop on the FB/meginord, and grab rings and ammys with t1 physical and you will have plenty of dps to get to mid maps. Just with this stuff you should have like 50k dps at lvl 50-60 if all is right.

That said... abyssus is mandatory in the build. If you start leveling you will have enough for one before you know it!

"
Fredo8999 wrote:
I am currently playing another cyclone champion in essence and want to change to your build, but i only own a 5L carcass jack. Which gem would you leave out? And is Uber lab possible with this char?

5L carcass will take you far! Should even be enough for uber lab (it's a super breeze with my setup, I've never failed solo and i'm clumsy with traps).

On 5L cyclone I would use: cyclone - fast attacks - melee physical damage - conc effect - added fire

If you are BM and not mana based.... swapping out either fast attacks or added fire is acceptable (I would probably drop fast attacks first, but haven't tested dps, you can check with your gear).

"
keita1966 wrote:
thx this good build.

I play this build (champion) for SC essence league.

i want to run uber atziri this build.

now i dont have abyssus and 6L carcass.

so i think buy abyssus first.

next tabula.

i know too hard damage taken.

but i wish DPS is justice :).

plz tell me how many need DPS to clear uber atziri.

sry im japanese but english.

I agree that abyssus and tabula are great first steps! That will take you far. Just grab t1 physical on your rings/ammys and get the meginords/abyssus/tabula, and you should have 250k + dps. That said... I think you will need to swap to a true 6L with some more defensive stats (belly/carcass/good rare) before you will be able to tackle uber.

There isn't a set benchmark for how much dps you need for uber. A lot of that depends on your personal skill (dodging flame blast/not standing in dots for trio/etc). I think that 300k with good micro and cap res/decent armour/fortify active/rumi flask would probably be uber viable. I haven't personally tested with budget gear, but it is definitely possible!

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
what is the DPS with non-legacy facebreaker?

what ascendancy do you recommend ?!

The DPS is totally fine with non-legacy FB. Someone loaned me a pair of 797% and I think I had 725k dps with my flasks/charges/auras up. FB scales amazing, just get 780% + and you are all set... should be near 80% the DPS of perfect legacy.

I would recommend slayer ascendancy for the huge aoe/defense vs reflect/onslaught/perma leech. I think it's probably optimal.

That said, champion is a more defensive setup and is awesome. It really comes down to your preference: offense vs. defense.

Thanks for your helpfull answer:)

Do you use any form of mana/life leech on the champion cyclone build?
is there a way to go shield charge and switch to cyclone for boss?! or do we really need to focus on one or the other?!?
"
Fredo8999 wrote:
Thanks for your helpfull answer:)

Do you use any form of mana/life leech on the champion cyclone build?

You're welcome man. :D

Yes, there's leech in there. Blood rage provides a good chunk, as does the atziri flask. Beyond that... anything you squeeze onto your jewelry helps (i have .4% on a ring). You might have a little bit of leech in tree that you got from the combined mana/life leech node if you are mana base and couldn't get this elsewhere (a .4% on a jewel was enough for me to not use the nodes in tree).

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
is there a way to go shield charge and switch to cyclone for boss?! or do we really need to focus on one or the other?!?

Well no matter what you NEED shield charge in build. It's too good to leave out, as it helps you navigate maps much faster.

You have a few options:
-shield charge 5/6L, ancestral warchief 4L to help with damage
-shield charge 5/6L, swap to another 5/6L that is cyclone for boss (keep in inventory)
-cyclone 5/6L, shield charge 4L (put fortify/end charge on stun/fast attacks here and use this to move quickly and self-buff, freeing link in cyclone)
-hardcore min/max around shield charge 6L so you can fit in hatred/herald of ash/vuln aura, so you have enough dps to not worry about switch (this is what I did... I have 77k/hit at 4.2 aps for over 300k dps and it feels like plenty for most content)

Hope this helps you to think it through!

Last edited by demopolos on Sep 8, 2016, 8:06:49 PM
"
-shield charge 5/6L, swap to another 5/6L that is cyclone for boss (keep in inventory)

when you say this, you mean swap 1 gem?! or swap the whole armor?!

also i am too casual to min/max... i probably wont even reach a ?l... ill stay at 5L...
do you still suggest the full Shield Charge way?! or which option would you go if you were casual limited to a 5L?
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 8, 2016, 8:20:41 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

also i am too casual to min/max... i probably wont even reach a ?l... ill stay at 5L...
do you still suggest the full Shield Charge way?! or which option would you go if you were casual limited to a 5L?

I meant whole armour. :D

If I were casual and limited to a 5L, and I wanted to do as much content as possible, I'd run: 5L cyclone (for bosses and hard packs), and 4L shield charge (with fortify in it, using it for fast moving, clearing easy enemies, and self-buffing). If you are on a 5L, I think shield charge damage wouldn't be enough to kill some of the harder bosses safely.

"
demopolos wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

I meant whole armour. :D

If I were casual and limited to a 5L, and I wanted to do as much content as possible, I'd run: 5L cyclone (for bosses and hard packs), and 4L shield charge (with fortify in it, using it for fast moving, clearing easy enemies, and self-buffing). If you are on a 5L, I think shield charge damage wouldn't be enough to kill some of the harder bosses safely.

what i rly like about shield charge is that you can clear pack while moving rly fast... can you still do this in a 4L shield charge!?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info