(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
is not getting INT on gear, and NOT lvling blue gem to lvl 20, a big DPS loss?!

i have 91 INT atm, and sqeezing in mroe INt on gear would be a lot problematic atm... so is letting my BLUE gem around lvl 10 a rly bad idea?!

Yes, it's definitely suboptimal not to have enough int for your gems.

It's an easy fix once you progress a bit more. First of all, get a turquoise base for your ammy (this has both dex/int, which you need). That's 24 of each right there. If you still don't have enough, I recommend the 2 "versatility" nodes. This is 20 int 20 dex 4% speed and 8 % mana reduced all for 2 passives... quite efficient and helps with spamming shield charge without investing much in mana.

You really want your AoE/conc effect to be lvl 20, as otherwise you are losing out on a bunch of "more" dmg or % aoe radius, which is worth more in passive than you spend for the int.
Hello. I am trying this build on essence but I am not getting good damage with shield charge :S This is my gear

Any idea? I get 11k tooltip with shield charge. I run hatred and herald of ash as my auras
"
Punckanuto wrote:
Hello. I am trying this build on essence but I am not getting good damage with shield charge :S This is my gear

Any idea? I get 11k tooltip with shield charge. I run hatred and herald of ash as my auras

Is the 11k with or without frenzy charges? Keep in mind that shield charge is not a super high dps skill, but instead an incredibly good quality of life skill that has fast clear speed. If you have 11k (15k ish with frenzy charges), this should 1 shot all but rare packs and bosses. Drop a 4L ancestral warcheif (warchief - fast attacks - melee phys - conc effect) when you first run into bosses, or packs if you find it necessary. Keep conc effect on swap to change out for aoe on your shield charge 6L vs harder bosses.

Right now on essence my shield charge with aoe is 17k with charges (22k ish with atziri flask), and my warchief is over 200k full buff. This is plenty to get started, given that I'm level 78 and haven't done uber lab yet.

Your character has tons of room for growth still:
-none of your gems are quality
-you aren't using steel rings yet
-missing crucial move speed roll on boots
-can't see your jewels... but 4x good mod jewels do wonders

Hope this is useful to you.
First off thanks a ton for all the info demopolos. I am a learning player and this guide has helped me a lot. I found it after going Marauder already and just rolled with it into berserker. I like both the cyclone and the shield charge set ups so far.

My question: (end game bosses and maps being the eventual goal)

Part of me keeps wanting really bad to go 12 points over to get vaal pact for the cyclone build. With the life leech from cloaked in savagery would you see something like this being beneficial over your standard cyclone setup?

Keep in mine im a berserker :P

Also with your non totem charge build how far into endgame do you think you can get? Can it become a decent end game boss killer with gg gear?

Cheers

(im sure its super obvious why this is a bad idea but i just had to ask :) )
Last edited by Dpachi on Sep 23, 2016, 2:25:20 AM
"
First off thanks a ton for all the info demopolos. I am a learning player and this guide has helped me a lot. I found it after going Marauder already and just rolled with it into berserker. I like both the cyclone and the shield charge set ups so far.

My question: (end game bosses and maps being the eventual goal)

Part of me keeps wanting really bad to go 12 points over to get vaal pact for the cyclone build. With the life leech from cloaked in savagery would you see something like this being beneficial over your standard cyclone setup?

Keep in mine im a berserker :P

Also with your non totem charge build how far into endgame do you think you can get? Can it become a decent end game boss killer with gg gear?

Cheers

(im sure its super obvious why this is a bad idea but i just had to ask :) )

Thanks man! Happy it's been so helpful for you.

I would say that vaal pact is definitely not worth it. My reasoning:
-We lose life regen! (we get a lot of it easily with pathing, and this negates degen from blood rage)
-12 nodes is a ton... you will lose other valuable stats to make this happen that will likely lead to a less efficient character
-If you need better leech in general, you can always adjust pathing grab the hematophagy nodes for extra leech (maybe necessary for hard endgame bosses as berserker, not as mandatory as slayer)

With non-totem shield charge build you can do most of the game content. I have mostly played league since 2.4 so I haven't tested the setup extensively vs the new content. I will say that with my standard gear I killed t16 minotaur boss deathless on my FB, but needed to dodge some attacks and time flasks well. This fight would have been a lot easier with cyclone or 4L totem though I think (but both of these setups aren't quite as fast for general mapping).
Total edit, as most of my questions I had asked, I levelled past. My apologies, but I'm pretty confused on how your build is working (It obvious is, and very well).

I've chosen to go Cyclone, as my previous character is a Warchief build, and I wanted something different - and you say that Cyclone is very strong against bosses. Your videos are rapidly killing bosses that my pretty-well-but-not-great geared warchief totmer was struggling on.

I suppose I simply don't understand the Elemental Prolif deal, versus bosses. Is it assuming that they have adds near them? How does Overkill and/or EP work against a boss with a whole bunch of HP, and no adds around?

More specific to my character I'm working on: because your guide is talking about two pretty dissimilar builds, it's hard sometimes to keep track of your answers through the thread. I'm currently assuming I'll be going Champion with the Cyclone, or is that wrong?

Thanks so much for your responses so far! You've answered most of my dumber questions. Cheers mate
Last edited by ImSlower on Sep 26, 2016, 11:55:43 PM
where do we get life leech from?
"
ImSlower wrote:
Total edit, as most of my questions I had asked, I levelled past. My apologies, but I'm pretty confused on how your build is working (It obvious is, and very well).

I've chosen to go Cyclone, as my previous character is a Warchief build, and I wanted something different - and you say that Cyclone is very strong against bosses. Your videos are rapidly killing bosses that my pretty-well-but-not-great geared warchief totmer was struggling on.

I suppose I simply don't understand the Elemental Prolif deal, versus bosses. Is it assuming that they have adds near them? How does Overkill and/or EP work against a boss with a whole bunch of HP, and no adds around?

More specific to my character I'm working on: because your guide is talking about two pretty dissimilar builds, it's hard sometimes to keep track of your answers through the thread. I'm currently assuming I'll be going Champion with the Cyclone, or is that wrong?

Thanks so much for your responses so far! You've answered most of my dumber questions. Cheers mate

No worries at all! I understand the confusion, as the OP has two distinctly different setups. I haven't updated it for awhile as I've been somewhat busy irl, and also actively testing a handful of different setups. I plan to update OP with some new information (more cleanly defining 3-ish build options) sometime soon!

Cyclone definitely will shred bosses. On STD I was getting 940k cyclone dps BEFORE steel rings and deafening tier phys rolls were available. I think now with near perfect gear it should be 1.1-1.2 mill dps.

You are right to question the ele prolif 4L for bosses. It really doesn't help here at all. The ele prolif setup is an amazing way to use cyclone with conc effect as an AoE skill, and focus your build on map clear speed. If you want to set yourself up to be as effective as possible for bosses, you can try to squeeze hatred/hoa/vuln-blasph all into build (see my current STD links on "demopolos" for this, it requires 2x lvl 4 enlight to not invest in aura nodes). Alternatively you can also use aura nodes and run hatred - hoa - determination.

Honestly after doing some testing, I think that slayer is just overall better than champion for us. It has really good AoE (good for both cyclone and shield charge, in addition to the area on hoa), makes reflect easy, has good damage buffs, then has the really OP perma leech (this is a big, big deal for quality of life... also makes lab traps a joke). I generally think this is the best option (unless you are making some supertank variant and want to go gladiator/max block).

If I were you and wanted to use a cyclone setup that is particularly strong for bosses, I'd probly do the following:
-Slayer subclass
-cyclone 6L, using AoE for map clear and swap to conc effect on boss
-shield charge 4L, including fortify
-just hoa/hatred for auras, unless you have access to 2x lvl 4 enlight, in which case add vuln aura

Hope this helps you!

"
LukeBond wrote:
where do we get life leech from?

No matter what, we get 1.2% leech from blood rage (always active, vital source of frenzy charges too), and some good regen in tree.

In addition to this, there are some other possible sources of leech if this is not feeling like enough for your character (though it probly will once you have good dps):
-mod on rings
-mod on your amulet
-mod on jewels
-grabbing extra leech in tree (not very efficient)
-playing marauder and using berserker subclass (imo not as good as slayer, though really good tooltip dps)

Last edited by demopolos on Sep 28, 2016, 9:49:29 PM
Love this build so much I'm building it a second time :) Have you ever given Slayer or try? Or is the buffed Fortify really just the way to go? Was thinking that I'd go Slayer this time for the additional AoE + Basically perma Onslaught + 20% cull. Slayer life leech is also huge which may/may not be beneficial? 20% more damage would definitely be a plus!

Facebreaker is Life.
"
J0hn_L wrote:
Love this build so much I'm building it a second time :) Have you ever given Slayer or try? Or is the buffed Fortify really just the way to go? Was thinking that I'd go Slayer this time for the additional AoE + Basically perma Onslaught + 20% cull. Slayer life leech is also huge which may/may not be beneficial? 20% more damage would definitely be a plus!

Great to hear man!

Yes, on my standard character I always use Slayer for this build now... IMO it's just the best "balanced" ascendancy. The leech is outrageously good, and needs to be experienced to understand how impactful it is. It makes things much safer once you scale your damage really high, as reflect is non issue. You get good damage buffs and AoE on top... what's not to like?

You get bigger tooltip and some free leech with berserker which is nice, but it's not as much value over all I think. Gladiator is amazing, but you only want to go this route if you're making a full block character (which means a lower dps bringer of rain variant). Champion is still really good, and saves you a link with fortify, but it is no longer my preferred ascendancy.

I really need to update the OP making a few build variants a bit more clear as all of my experience isn't reflected in the guide right now. Life has been a bit busy outside of PoE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info