Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

RUINED ENCAMPMENT IN THE JUNGLE
Standard League

http://imgur.com/a/vf3u6

I liked the idea of doing a camp in the jungle, with a dark theme, so i chose this hideout. I used great ruins to cover empty spaces and colossus heads to give it a wild touch. I hope you enjoy it!
IceCrisis's Cryptic Sanctum
Theme: Path of Destruction

Boom Headshot

Leo and Vagan begin plotting in their encampmant

But first a selfie!

Their decisions lead to a trail of torture. Nothing pleasant comes from wanton destruction.

Zana and Elreon retreat to safety. Together they preserve the knowledge of our people behind an impenetrable barrier.

Without sanctuary exiles meet their inevitable end. Inside the belly of a beast their lives end.

Catarina nurtures the poor souls of the exiles whose lives were wasted along this path. Guiding the souls outward or toward her own prolific vengeance.

Just in case you need more...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVVt8rX1Ifk
Port Awanui

This is my former Torment hideout, now on Standard - a little harbour town.
Original Thread with more screenshots, (crappy) video, etc can be found here

Story

A close call. I barely notice Haku's nod of approval through the black clouds and red flashes before my eyes. I feel like I'm about to vomit but fight back the urge with deep breaths. When I glance up, the Armourmaster still looks at me with a smile.
„Well done, Ranger. I have a place for you to rest.“

Haku gives me an amused look as I try to copy the map he has drawn in the sand on a crumpled piece of paper. He seems to be ready to give me another lecture of how the children of the Karui would be trained to commit a simple map like this to memory in seconds before they can even walk but remains silent. With the last stroke of charcoal, a wave of the incoming tide takes the map back to the sea.
The Armourmaster points north.
„Stay in the Coves of Rhoa Beach. I will send someone to pick you up. Tomorrow night, a boat will come with the sign of the Karui on its bow.“
He turns around and walks away. I just gather my belongings, whistle for my kiwi and head in the opposite direction.

It's a warm night with only a light breeze. I sit and watch out for the boat, listening to the waves and drawing patterns in the moonlit sand. An hour after midnight, a light approaches. The small vessel barely has room two persons but seems sturdy enough for a ride through the waves. I rest my head on a folded blanket and fall asleep.

The thud of the boat docking wakes me. We have arrived in a small harbour. The first light of the dawn is barely visible on the horizon but the place is already busy. Haku awaits me and guides me through the little town. In the flickering light of the torches, I can see small houses, some workplaces, an awakening market place with a waypoint. There seem to be some familiar faces in the shadows. I think I see Tora and Vorici but I can't be certain.

Haku leads me up to the highest part of the island. The plateau looks as if it has only been recently cleared. We walk over to a tent. Haku pulls the canvas aside and waves me in.
„Welcome. This is yours now. Rest for a while, we will talk later.“
He turns around and I can hear his footsteps fading.

I wake to the sounds of seagulls, waves and – children giggeling outside. I raise my head and through the gaps between the tent's canvasses I see tiny feet running away.

Haku meets me at the now busy market and shows me around. Tora and Vorici are nowhere to be seen but Elreon greets me from between the shelves of a little book shop.

We finish the tour in the small tavern where a man is already waiting for us. He rises and introduces himself.
„I'm Helgrim, the mayor of this little town. Welcome to Port Awanui.“
He waves and orders drinks. I look a little sceptical at the thick yellowish liquid in the glasses. Helgrim smiles.
„It's Ajash – fruit juice. Try it, you'll like it.“
I take a sip. The juice tastes very sweet and feels cool on my tongue. I'm instantly awake and refreshed.
Helgrim raises his glass and drinks, too.
„This town here is an old Karui settlement we rediscovered. Seemed like the perfect place: hidden between the cliffs, protected by reefs, rocks and wandering sandbanks. We have some craftsmen, fishermen, hunters but we mainly live by, uh, saving abandoned cargo from shipwrecks. Happens quite often along this coast. We trade with neighbouring towns and camps all the way up to Sarn and sometimes beyond. It's quite safe if you stay on the water. The river is - protected.“
He looks at my necklaces and grins.
„But you already know that.“ (*)
I just smile back.
Helgrim gets up and shakes hands.
„Alright, back to work. So, you are free to stay for as long as you want. Our home is your home and our food is your food. But if you find a way to contribute, we would be most grateful.“
I think about the map device and the waypoint and nod.
„I'm sure I can find something of interest to bring back.“

(*) Background story for my Torment Shop:
The River King

Finally, the last screech fades away, the echoes dying. The alley is silent apart from the sound of the heartbeat in my ears. I catch my breath and walk up to the urn. The familiar look of red corruption on a blue gem. I pocket it without further look and turn to the rotting paper on the altar. Just as I bow down to read, a faint sound flutters through the air. It's not the clatter of bones or slither of scales but – music? I circle the altar. On the far side, there is an opening in a wall. The air smells a little less rotten and I can hear more clearly. Carefully, I make my way down the duct. After a few turns, I see dancing lights against the night, the shadows of people moving, there is laughter and the smell of fried fish wafting towards me. An illuminated sign welcomes me to the Night Market. I stand and stare as someone tugs at my sleeve.
„Hey girl. Ya buyin' or sellin'?“. My bag slides from my shoulder and is taken away. Hands open buckles, untie straps and pull my armour off. Before I can protest, a woman grabs my arm.
„I am Lymnaea, come with me.“
She spirals me away, dancing to the music of an accordeon player. We pass through a sea of faces, not all entirely human, between stalls and tables. Suddendly, the crowd cheers and moves into the direction of the river. We are carried away and end up at a small but ornate dock. A procession of lights make their way down the water. As they approach, they become dozens of small boats accompanying a large barge. The people whistle and clap, then fall silent and bow down. With a clumsy attempt, I try to follow. I hear the barge being tied and people's feet on the wood of the dock. I look up as the steps get closer. The man at the center of attention seems to wear rather plain clothes. A tunic and pants in shades of blue and green, tied with a rope belt of sailor's knots. The crown on his head is made of driftwood, shells, pearls and corals.
As he approaches, his clothes look more like woven silver and spun metals before I realize that the patterns are made from fish scales. The light of the lanterns and torches gleams on the fabric and seems to set specks of gold in his eyes on fire as he gives me a passing glance.
The King and his entourage make their way to a pavillon on an elevated part of the bank. The King sits down, claps and the music, dancing and busy bartering resumes.

I don't know for how long I've been staring, captivated by the King's eyes when Lymnaea takes my hand and breaks the spell.
„See, this is where already the Vaal and the Azmeri have been wrong. The true ruler of Sarn has always been the River King.“

We return to wandering the market. Lymnaea waves and smiles to people, makes introductions and chats with merchants as we walk past rows and rows of tables and stalls with strange and exotic wares.

Finally, I'm too exhausted to take another step. I sit down and close my eyes for just a minu -

I slowly wake up. I have no idea how I ended up on the old planks of the small pier. When I manage to get up, the fisherman turns his head. He smiles and nods. Just before he turns back to his task, the sun catches his eyes, setting golden specks on fire. The ghost of a memory stirs but before I can grasp it, it's gone. I take my belongings and head back towards the center of the encampment.

In a private corner between the stalls, I open the bag. It smells of fish and the river and when I reach in, my hand returns full of pearls, strange shells and beads. There is a dagger with a driftwood hilt, decorated with mother of pearl patterns. A shawl made from a silky, golden fabric I have never seen before. Amulets made from smooth pebbles and bracelets with pearls and corals. My armour, weapons and other equipment have been repaired, cleaned and polished. Apart from my boots which are bent out of shape and caked with mud as if I had left them in water. I feel dizzy and confused.

I take a few of the pearls and shells to show them to Hargan. He just shakes his head.
„Can't take 'em, those shouldn't be sold or bought. But special rates on everything else for you from now on, girl.“

It has been a few weeks but tonight, I've found the opening again – and I remembered...

Images

Upper Area:

Market

Parts of the Harbour Area

Album

Album (full size)

Last edited by Alysma on Sep 18, 2015, 2:30:46 PM
Theme: Forgotten Acient Temple
Leaque: Standard
Limit: Reached!

My Hideout supposed to be a proof that Mother Nature always wins against civilization, it's just a matter of time. Temple full of gold has become a home for plants and now a single thunderbolt can destroy it all in fire. My hideout theme illustrates exactly that moment. Enjoy.

No.1 An old well in the center of the square. Once a meeting place, now the source of life for plants

No.2 Where death and destruction there goddess Catarina

No.3 Entrance to the mysterious altar

No.4 Ancients were able to travel using the power of the stars. You can sense the power of the altar

No.5 Archway to the high temple

No.6 The tomb of the famous acient priest, inventor of powerful scrolls. Scroll of Wisdom and Portal Scroll

No.7 Original versions of the Scrolls were buried with their inventor

No.8 We can define this mysterious place by the one word, Overgrowth

High quality screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/hznH9qn.png
http://i.imgur.com/yLmqpPW.png
http://i.imgur.com/9b44Ktx.png
http://i.imgur.com/msgk3E9.png
http://i.imgur.com/KvavLtD.png
http://i.imgur.com/7iFZdEP.png
http://i.imgur.com/ysCqWNM.png
http://i.imgur.com/ALYS1Sw.png?1
Last edited by peha on Sep 24, 2015, 10:28:38 AM
THE ROYAL OASIS (Tempest)

Last edited by Siegelayer on Sep 15, 2015, 11:44:16 PM
Theme - The Necromancer Cult lair. (Standard League Hideout)

A study section of the Lair.

Piles of corpses for eksperiments and potential animation.

Passing river and food vendor - Even necromancers need to eat now and then.

Passing the time with a bit of fishing - and the acational person on a pole for scare effect.

Eksperimental table and the locale blacksmith.

Cart of corpses for experiments/animation and maybe something else....

Altar for dark rituals,offerings and spells....

Servants sleeping quarters.

Sadly I cant remove the grafic bugs...

Last edited by jbmborg77 on Sep 18, 2015, 3:01:45 AM
Theme - Forbidden Altar

I was told by one of the dark arts of a hidden temple

Protected by Gods

While some fell to it's dark influence

The temple's entrance entices, promising power to those who dare take a step in

But most end up being sacrificed

Inside there were those who taught me how to ascend and gain wealth

But I fear that the fruits of this endevour would consume my soul

So here I finally am...

Spoiler

kicking krillson in the head
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Sep 16, 2015, 6:02:36 AM
Theme: Refugee Camp in standard

Living area/relax area \/

Butchering/holding area \/

Graveyard \/

Cleaning area \/

Workarea \/

Decorated tree to hide the waypoint \/

And the last bit to show peeps where the map thingy is \/

Best Regards!
.:Amor Ilimitado Solamente:.
Last edited by Vlorina on Sep 16, 2015, 6:20:06 AM
good luck to everyone

these are some amazing hideouts :)
Last edited by zstark on Sep 21, 2015, 4:16:07 PM
THEME: Lair of the Great Mecha-Spider
LEAQUE: Standard

Welcome to the Lair of the Great Mecha-Spider!
Things of note are the main attraction: the Great Mecha-Spider,
the Hatchery, the steampunkish waypoint and map device, also spiders!.

Is it a spider or a robot? Has science gone too far?
It's ready to devour it's next food... or fuel?
The Great Mecha-Spider!

The giant metal legs are resting on nearby webbed trees.

Zana has secured a small place in this factory of arachnids to observe this anomaly.

Here we have the mechanically reinforced Waypoint.
Also Vagan is watching another spiderling crawling around the workshop.

The Hatchery
After Catarina followed Vorici into this lair(stalker danger!),
she fell in love with the cute spiderlings. Now, playing house as the mother,
she is in charge of the hatchery,

Close up on the hatchery. D'awwww.

The mechanized map device runs on fetid smog.
Vorici is brooding in his corner. He is the secret mastermind/creator
of the Mecha-Spider. I wonder, is he compensating for his small dagger?

Closeup on another spiderling spawn. So cute!

High Quality Picture Album: http://imgur.com/a/tsArc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info