Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

Thank you for this astounding visual-virtual-design opportunity!
^^)
A most enriching Quest indeed!
each of us learns a lot appreciating all the cornucopia of themes here produced & inspired!
^^)
So for me:
I essentially exhilarated the Zana Immaculate Hide-Out Base for my in-game compatriots to make a golden, glamorous, fluid, free & playful; if not multitudinously-expansive maybe Fortuitously-enriching experience for each and every that might come my way! ^^)

And as with each & every! Of course as you know, The thematic-subject here becomes an overall epitomization of total-juxtaposition in regards to this games original Over-arching thematic of the person "Washing ashore naked with nothing but your means & your know-how" and how far an Exile goes to secure and sequester themselves as a Hero (or Heroine) with a Heroic mantle to hang (and proundly) their accomplishments on!

And now!
Without further ado!
for your viewing pleasure!

Welcome to the: Glamorous Immaculate Treasure Heart Hide-Out!
10 photo imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/xlF8P
1. We Arrive!

2. The Exile: Ever-Caught between balancing Treasure-Hunting with Studies...

3. And when the Studies are Complete! Treasure-Hunting we shall go!!!

4. Masterfully Trained & Ready to Rock some Combos!

5. Up close and personal just before the map-action!

6.And now back at base to relax & re-charge ^^)

7. ^_^ That is if we can find a nice bit of couch-or-bed to spread-out on ^^)

8. Or maybe we just mosy around a bit appreciating these overtly dreamy textures
Last edited by Hulluhbuhloo on Sep 11, 2015, 7:59:07 PM
N.B.: I have no intention to offend anyone.

Theme
Occult Symbolism - Standard League

The concept behind this hideout is a somewhat simple and summarized representation of occult symbolism, wisdom, secrecy and practice. The method in which I intend to express this is under a number of short chapters to help depict the many belief systems that tie in with the occult. My hideout in itself holds several "themes" and yet they are all related to the occult spiritual beliefs and worship.

Chapter I

Here we see a devoted whose loyalty is unquestioned. This individual is given enough knowledge on the belief system to enchant him into the practice and yet, oblivious to the fact, is given such an insignificant perspective in comparison to what is yet to be learned and acquired through the practice itself. Although this is true, this devotee could willingly give his life for the greater will of his masters.

Chapter II

A symbolic altar for worship. Under the proper influence and guidance, this altar reveals itself as the thousand points of light, an eye that peers through all things being itself all knowing atop an incandescent pyramid, brightened by its presence.

Surrounded by 2 "Pillar 1" objects, there is the "Bowmaker's Tool" with a "Waystone" and "Torch 1" object stacked on each other behind it.

Chapter III

This priestess of the natural order shares her knowledge on the spirits whose tribes are Marid (water), Ifrit (fire), Shaitaan (air) and Jann (earth) in order to found faith in the elements of nature. Behind her is an image of the great feminine spirit known by many names throughout the time of Man.

Chapter IV

This is an offering altar where an occultist may choose to burn incense, petals, candles laced with essential oils or place any other material that can bring a specific odor to please a specific spirit at a specific time in order to grant the practitioner favours.

This offering altar is made of the "Well" and "Crypt Fire Pit 4" objects along with the "Blessing Font" crafting table while being surrounded by "Prayer Stones" 3 and 4, "Bushes" 1 and 9, a "Cairn 1" object as well as a "ForestTree 10" object.

Chapter V

Along the halls are sources of truly baffling knowledge available to those who prove themselves worthy of attaining such confidence to not only maintain the information to themselves but to also learn how to practice its teachings and make public in plain sight to those who know similar of their acquired stature without ever causing at all suspicion onto others who know not. Images of the greater masculine and feminine spirits decorate the halls to keep a constant reminder to dedicate and focus love, homage, praise and intention, a reminder that all vision and practice is in their name beyond all else.

Chapter VI

Two highly experienced occultists tend to a room of prayer and practice. On this day, praise is given to the Great Semiramis, wife of Nimrod, a greater feminine spirit whose color is scarlet. Aromas of sandalwood fill the area of worship. The male occultist is highly knowledgeable on the spirits of the Nekrataal tribe and how to conjure their presence for demanded assistance through their wisdom and perspicacious nature. The female occultist is sophisticated with the spirits of the Ghul tribe and beckons them for their insightful awareness of exploits and perception in the various dimensions of existence.

Over here is a "Crypt Table 1" object decorated with two "Skull Display 5" objects overlaid with a "Crypt Fire Pit 2" object on each end. The "Crypt Table 1" is also overlaid with the "Artisan's Bench" and "Armourer's Workbench" crafting tables.

Chapter VII

This room holds many secrets. It is a room shrouded in mystery and heavily decorated with symbolism. Some easy to notice for the well trained eye, others incredibly difficult to notice even after hours of searching. The bestower of all meanings behind symbolism practice and mystery is the grand keeper of secrets, who shares his knowledge only with those most deemed to learn. This room is indeed exalted and can only be entered after a blood sacrifice has been offered up on the checkered floor at the entrance. Only this can allow passage as any who enter must be capable to balance their presence between worlds. Once the presence of the individual is known to all dimensions, the individual can focus and materialize him or herself to distant locations and various dimensions by envisioning themselves through the portal conjured through intense worship.

A few symbolic references to point out (for fun) are that the two "Catacomb Pillar 6" objects are finely rotated in a way to purposefully represent a specific cardinal direction which is North-East. The way this is represented (and may only have been noticed by the designers of this 3D model besides the few meticulous individuals such as myself) is by the direction in which the slight uncentered shift in inclination of the pillar itself is to its base. It is not out of purely design aesthetics that the letter "W" is formed 3 times to mean "W W W" (no, not World Wide Web). There are also two Zodiac Calendars who also happen to symbolize the number 13. The number 13 is actually symbolically reference through many other forms as well as the symbolic three 6s. The center "Pillar 3" object represents the great masculine spiritual deity whose thirst is unquenchable and persistence is unfathomable until the ultimate goal is met. This was simply made by overlaying the "Low Fire Pit 1" and "Crypt Fire Pit 1" objects to give that look of blood absorption from the crimson drenched carpets and as its base, the "Map Device" crafting bench. The floor was made using "Bricks" and "Floor" objects of several model variations however they were all finely rotated to fit together as they do not come initially at a rotation that is aligned with the world. Sadly, these "Bricks" and "Floor" objects are all necessary to complete my most secretive and hidden symbolisms which consumed many of the available 750 object slots for the hideout and so prevented me to include more symbolisms of the more obvious kind. There were also more rooms I intended on making in the rest of the hideout but had to fall short and shrink my working space, limiting my other rooms as well.

Thank you very much GGG for such a splendid addition to an already truly magnificent game and thanks to whomever is responsible for pushing the idea of having a hideout theme competition. I have had a very pleasant time decorating my hideout (this is my 3rd re-hash) this time while listening to the works of great musical artists such as Igorrr, Venetian Snares and many others. I had begun this hideout sometime around mid May this year... I hope you and my hidden masters find pleasure in my efforts.

Thank you for considering my candidacy and to visualise my hideout yourselves through a visit in person.
Theme: Soldier Camp - Warbands League

The brave soldiers have just returned from their last battle. It happend beyond the ocean, far away from home. On the way back one of the soldiers attacked his own troops. He was dommed to death. The hideout shows the soldiers' home, their generals and their queen Zana.

1) Execution

Betrayel's execution happend in front of every soldier. Leo is holding a speech about trust and brotherhood in hope that this will never happen again. Behind Leo there is the queen's verdict. That poor guy never had a chance to stay alive. The soldiers loaded all the loot after the battle and stored it in the camp through that crane behind the troops.

Full Resolution

2) Life and Death

In this screenshot you can see the wounded soldiers that have returned home barely alive. The doctor is watching their health since they arrived. "Where There’s Death There’s Hope" said Leo in the background while pointing to the family at the camp fire. "That young boy will be a hero one day" he said.

Full Resolution

3) Everyone needs to eat!

One of the most important jobs in a soldier camp is cooking. The soldiers are hungry from fighting so the cook called Björn is preparing for his own battle. But there is a problem.. The equipment in the kitchen is limited. Björn needs to finish the Rhoa first, or else he's gonna lose his head.. It's no joke letting the leaders starve..

Full Resolution

4) Haku's Steel

Haku is the god among the soldiers. He's the one who makes every raid possible. His blacksmithing skills are insane. Haku is a master not only on forging weapons, he also takes care of the soldier's armors. Well he's not complaining. This is Haku's duty. As long as he has something to forge, he'll be happy. (the mosaic floor at Haku's and Björn's place is made of bricks, a lot of bricks)

Full Resolution

5) Leaders

After the execution Vagan seeked advice from the queens loremaster Elreon. Vagan was afraid of losing his men's loyalty. Elreon is showing him one of his books. It's a tale about an army that lost every hope. They've lost contact to every leader in a hostile zone. No one was able to lead the troops into battle. Then they remebered their training. They were taught to fight as a team and to watch other soldier's back no matter what. After listening to the story Vagan went into his tent without a single word. He probably understood that he wasn't the best leader to his men.

Full Resolution

6) The Queen

This soldier camp is located below the queen's palace. Zana she's called. A little spoiled girl that likes to show off her passion. The passion... to raid other rulers beyond the ocean and to take their rare goods. She likes to spend some time watching the blessed well outside in the palace's garden. In most cases, she then calls Vagan to tell him about her visions. Visions of more and more treasures.

Full Resolution

7) Zana's Museum

Not much to say here. Zana's outside museum of creatures which her troops captured in their raids. She's going to need more space to store new skeletons.

Full Resolution

8) The Oracle

One more place to show off Zana's treasures. But the most valuable tressure is the so called Oracle. It's a strange device that seems to be broken for the most people. Zana is the only one in this land who can use it. And she's really proud of herself for that. The Queen believes that the Oracle opens doors to other dimensions. She met strange creatures and strange people there.. So she rarely uses it at all. Beeing a spoiled girl she's too afraid to go further in the other worlds..

Full Resolution

Oh look! There is someone sleeping in the queen's bathtub.. Looks like someone drank too much last night.. :D

PS: I'm sorry for spelling/grammer mistakes. I'm not a native english speaker. :)
Hi this is my entry. I have a short peice of fan fiction that gives a bit of backstory https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422946

Theme: RNG Research (Standard)

The Interrogation room

After Exiles yield, they are brought here to be interrogated. Here i use whatever is nessacery to extract infomation on Albino rhoa sightings, Tormented spirits etc. Note the various ways in which this can be done.. Vorici keeps an eye on them whilst im away but most arent in any condition for an escape......

http://i.imgur.com/4kmyNZG.png

Market

This is where i conduct my sales with fellow exiles. I have a little hut for sales that require a little more negotiation and i have one of the locals working the fish stall for me.

http://i.imgur.com/7NypEfJ.png

Map Device/Crematorium

If an Exile survives the interrogation process they are then strapped into Zana's Amplifier chair. To my understanding this chair drains any life force left in the victim and then uses that power to amplify the iir/iiq on my map device. Note that im experimenting with monsters too. By draining their corrupted blood and infusing it with the life force energy, who knows what could happen?
Gotta get rid of them corpses somehow right?

http://i.imgur.com/zpi9Cxs.png

Hall of Wonders

This is where i keep all the wird and wonderous things I find on my travels

http://i.imgur.com/lscH1G7.png

http://i.imgur.com/oJbhBkM.png

Research Lab

Here Eleron and his apprentice search the ancient texts for the rites that will awaken the RNGesus. This area is used for all equipment modification too.

http://i.imgur.com/v1vswsp.png

Corrupted Courtyard

http://i.imgur.com/9lhETw0.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZVwWrMa.png
This is where i hope to one day unite the 6 missing peices of RNGesus. I have followed Elerons findings to the scroll and have constructed an alter in the middle of a 6 pointed star. I have the sacrifices in place, all with thier newborns. Catarina has reliably informed me that the vall vessels are suitable containers to trap the RNGesus soul pieces once i find and trap them. Or i could be on a Albino Rhoa chase.....
Note top left where I thought it important that Piety and Captain Arteri should finally lay together..
Last edited by brutalrazial on Sep 12, 2015, 11:22:12 AM
Hi there, this is my Hideout I wanted to show off. It is based around the central theme of mechanical construction versus organic growth. I've always loved the fusion of vegetation and artificial constructions. I love everything from abandoned and overgrown buildings to rooftop parks. The stark contrast of a living organism slowly taking over this unnatural construction is very cool in my opinion. Therefore I wanted to make a Path of Exile-esque version of this.

Central theme: Life and Death
Name: Life and Death
League:Standard

Unfortunately the screenshots were taken with AA off, no post processing, low shadow details, medium texture quality etc. I forgot to change them to highest settings before taking the screenshots. :(

Back Story
Scion's Journal
Day 298

On Haku's advice we began searching for someplace to rest. My followers had begun growing tired and weary of our long journey. Marching through the jungles and dense forestry of this continent is far more tiresome than walking along it's southern shores. We passed by a small encampment first where we assumed we could rest. But their leader, a man named Greust, did not enjoy the presence of exiles to say the least. We began walking west instead. After two days we came upon a small clearing that barely revealed a set of stairs leading us up through dense foliage. It did not seem as though anyone had been here in a long time.

After paving a way through the stairs we finally found a nice, quiet spot where we could rest in peace. I would guess this place used to be shrine or part of a bigger temple, although we haven't found any doors leading into any indoor areas. This shrine or whatever it is must have become overgrown centuries ago. There is however a small stone slab with a sun dial on the upper platform with no vegetation around it. I wonder what is so special about it. We will continue exploring this place tomorrow after a nights rest.

Day 299
Catarina has taken up residence on the lower platform. The trees around her has already started to wither and the grass has died. Having her here is not without consequence, although I don't see how it matters at this point. The rest of us are sticking together on the upper platforms. It is less dank here and you occasionally catch a glimpse of the sun between the branches perching high above us. I still haven't found an entrance into a temple of some sort. Haku helped me clear out some of the foliage and we found some carvings and etchings on some of the pillars. This place doesn't seem like it is Vaal in origin. What civilization built this? And how old is this place exactly? Catarina tried tinkering with the sun dial to no avail. She seem intrigued why there was no grass and bushes growing around it. I guess it has the same effect as she has.

Day 304

We still haven't made any headway into what this place is or who built it. I went back to the encampment yesterday and this Greust fellow told me a witch in the western forest was pillaging the outer villages. I said I would help eliminate his problem if he gave me any information as to how to head north. We'll start marching first thing next morning. But I have a feeling I'll visit this place again.

FULL ALBUM

Notes regarding the Hideout's construction
The hideout is capped at 750 items.

I started by creating the hand made tiled floor (with tiles purchased from Vorici)around the waypoint. I then decided to place the map device on the upper platform and created a tiled pattern around the map device. I then placed floor tiles from Tora on the exposed original floor that was left to make sure it had a coherent theme.

Next up I placed all columns, walls and arches as well as some minor decorations. After that I started placing the trees which took a long time because I wanted the shadows from the trees to fall perfectly on the platforms below. This way I could use the light beam MTX to create a nice effect at the waypoint on the statue and at the map device. After that I decorated Catarina's platform. It features dead trees, spider webs and a torn up floor. It also uses the flying wasps MTX and the floor mist/fog MTX.

Will add in more details later!
Last edited by Direktor on Sep 20, 2015, 5:45:55 AM
Theme: Calm after a storm (Warbands League)

Even though Wraeclast is full of monsters, corruption and gore, a peaceful place still exist.
The garden is good place to relax or talk about your adventures.

Looks like Zana is busy studying her maps again.

Upstairs we have racks, let's leave our equipment here, they're heavy.

Our friend Vagan will clean our weapons for us, nevermind this train, there's no route to Sarn for him anymore.

The houses are simple but confortable, we can rest until our next journey, Tora is preparing some exiles to hunt something with her.

Let's keep moving, Leo is preparing something for us.

The wind is strong here, Vorici always on corners doing something, and why he didn't leave his daggers on the racks? Oh well... he's the one who keeps this place safe so its ok.

Even with one hand, Leo is quite good at cooking, while he's busy preparing our meal let's enjoy
the view of those ruins of Sarn, which one day was lively like this place.
Last edited by Archangell on Sep 16, 2015, 12:43:46 AM
Noble Paradise -- Standard League

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/CWTMu
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cIryoXp4gk

Individual images
Tip: Right click and middle-mouse on "View image" to see the full image in a new tab.
Spoiler

Last edited by Dopebear on Sep 15, 2015, 2:46:08 AM
Theme: Minestrosity
Standard League
Enlightened Hideout

Spoiler
Disaster struck an underground Ebony Legion Mining operation as a gas leak led to an explosion followed by the collapsed of the earth above them due to the magnitude of the blast
The pathway is filled with smoke, bodies and debris

A train used to transport their supplies in and out of the mines got knocked off the tracks when the tunnel collapsed and crashed

so thats where i put the guild stash...(i'll move that later :p)

This is the treasury/ armory that managed to remain intact, haku and vorici can be seen taking refuge here :D
Theme : "Safe Haven in the Forest Ruins" - Standard League
When I first started decorating my HO I imagined as a safe place where my characters, masters and any other refugee could find some peace. I decorated my HO to looke like a very ancient ruin site, where nature almost destroyed everything, the Exile and the masters cleaned up the place a bit so they can use it for their purposes. As you can see each master has his own spot, which has been decorated in a lore-friendly way to fit their tastes, but not to break the hideout theme... well maybe Zana's sofa, but she insisted on having that damn sofa, said it was her mother's and blah blah blah.... of course I had to drag it there from her previous place ...
But let see some details

Tora placed our... HER ...I mean HER tent, before anyone, after all it was her who discovered the ruins in the firs place. She set up a nice little camp, brought here some barrels to stuff food near the tent, she harvested wood and caught a roha that we will eat this evening.
Elron found a blessing fountain near the river, the gods powers allowed this little piece of ruin to survive and Elron knew it was a sign from above, now he guards it day and night.

Near this piece of wall that survived nature's invasion I placed my stashes, as you can see on the left, just under the palm tree there is a beautiful statue of a woman with a giant hammer and a lion, probably the ruins were ment to be a place for warriors, so I decided to place my banner and the prize I won in the torment/bloodline league. On the right we can see two other lion statue, one of them, unfortunately, lost his head.

Going south we find Vagan, Catarina and a very tired exile. Catarina, like Elron was among the luckiest masters, because she found an almost intact piece of ruins that fits her purpose. Fog and corruption spread from this place and nature couldn't grow on it, it tried, but the only tree is is almost dead and has never grown a single leaf.
Vagan decided that, even though this place is almost impenetrable, a bit of backup weapons wouldn't be a bad idea, who know what dwells in the forest (Tora does, but he won't listen) so he set up a makeshift forge with what he could find and managed to craft some fine weapons.

Haku and Vorici had to drag their benches through the forest and decided to place them near the giant Hand of the Colossus that was probably built here in ancient times. They also had to place some carpet thay scavenged from the ruins to keep the benches and tables in balance when crafting.

This two statues we mentioned before were probably here to guard the entrance to the most important place inside the ruins...

...the map device
When Zana found out there was a Map device in this place she set up her camp, she brought books and everything she could, I don't know why she wanted that pump she placed in the right corner, but whatever, I'm done arguing with her after that damn sofa. She should be careful with that device however, the first time she used that a swarm of ribbons came out, thank god for Vagan and his idea of having more weapons in here. We managed to kill them and close the portals before there were too many of them. I told Zana to clean up a bit the mess, since it's her fault but she won't listen, there still the skeleton of poor old Ben under the pile of books that killed him, damn it Zana ... stop being such a ....... princess.

I would like to know who is it that still hasn't understood how the map device works. You DON'T place dead birds in it, you place stones that have runes on them...is it that complicated ?

Here's a link to the bigger pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kr480zbfdpsi1ly/AACwrMRWObDZ-XCuG0zglwIma?dl=0
Last edited by Korriban87 on Sep 15, 2015, 4:41:22 AM
Theme: Haku's Sunny Beach-side Village
League: Standard

Haku has decided to fight Kitava by establishing a thriving village paradise. The best way to fight death and destruction is by giving birth and creating beauty.

Entrance

Welcome to Haku's sunny, beach-side village. Palm trees and seagulls abound.

Haku's Hut

From here, Haku keeps order and careful watch over his harem.

Tora's Hunting Lodge

Tora is preparing dinner, while her kept man looks on.

Vagan's Pyramid

Vagan staying warm next to the lava rocks.

Fishing...etc

The village has many great fishing spots. Never mind what the locals use to season the fish.

Portal

Strange portals hidden among the rocks.

Work and Play

A bustling work area, here the villagers create armor and weapons to keep the masters happy.

Zana's Torment

Zana, not to be trusted, kept locked away in her cage. The villagers tried to burn her for her evil machinations against the Exile's, so far it hasn't worked.

Full sized gallery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info