Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

Here - take a look at my Infernal Dungeon ( in Standard )! It is the reason why Brutus is so angry all the time ... he wants one just like mine but he just can't afford it (the wages for the workers, the bills for the place, and of course the salary of the janitor is astronomical! ).

The entrance - made possible by ancient ( second hand ) magical swords; my chest and some of my riches; my doorman - Haku; and my notice board-stick ( Wraeclast Facebook ).

Spoiler

Elreon in front of the infernal sacrificial altar with the next sacrifice victim helplessly waiting her fate

Spoiler

A guy sitting on the floor in his cell... but who can blame him - that chair looks uncomfortable!

Spoiler

Ah yes - Leo ( next to the generator ), the guy who takes care of the power in the dungeon .

Spoiler

Zana next to her mini-map device. The device might be small but the amounts of blood that it requires in order to work are considerable.

Spoiler

Just a girl ... laying on a table ... let's move on nothing to see here!

Spoiler

And last but not least - Vorici, making his famous stew!

Spoiler
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 9, 2015, 9:45:12 AM
Might be a little late but here it is

Name, Coastal Castle

Waypoint area with Vagan looking over the lower town

Stairs above the waypoint area leading to the map/throne room

Map/throne room

Lower town area under the waypoint

Town gate/entrance

Dock

Bar/open tavern
Last edited by Eleziel on Sep 15, 2015, 1:55:42 PM
I can't wait :)
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE
Last edited by Jernsaxe on Sep 23, 2015, 8:42:14 AM
The Guild Ruins

A fairly clean and simplistic layout that i made and have had as my hideout for a while now. An old building belonging to a small guild, its incredibly old and has partially collapsed in some areas.

Hideout is on this account, standard league, no photoshop used, only used the highest setting at 1080p.

Full Album with some extras i didnt use in the post.
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/a/vNMRL

Spoiler
Full Size Direct Links
http://i.imgur.com/1a3Mbjg.png
http://i.imgur.com/2VZQZjr.png

This area leads to a room with an ancient blessing, only those worthy, with proper ranking may receive the blessing from this fountain. The fountain bestows those whom use it with great power, it is said that the powerful artifact has existed within the guild since its creation.

This area consists of trees, bushes, gold statues, wind blown leaves, embers, arches, etc. I made the fountain by carefully placing griegor walls in a pattern, i placed brazier lamps within the circular stone to make them appear as if they were one object as well. I also placed the statues close to the arches to make them appear as if they are part of them, covering them partially as well to give them a bit of depth.

Spoiler
Full Size Direct Link
http://i.imgur.com/6Y0dnc2.png

This is the forge area. Long ago the guild gathered together to defeat a gigantic golem. After a long battle they defeated the golem, taking its molten heart as a trophy. The guilds legendary blacksmith, who has long since passed, created a forge from its eternal infernal heart. The forge is said to create the strongest of weapons and armour.

This area consists of rocks and fire pits, it also includes the Haku crafting bench underneath, i also included many of the other master items such as Voricis Tool Bench and Vegans Sharpening stone. There is also and anvil and ash pit with a sword in it next to him as well. I used the second variation of ember to get it a really ashy, smoldering effect which really helps bring the dark area to life.

Spoiler
Full Size Direct Link
http://i.imgur.com/wXdoi67.png

This displays the entrance, as well as a holding area. This area is for torture, holding, information gathering.

This area consists of pretty basic items. Most notable are the bird cage with an exile in it to make it seem as if there is a prisoner being held, theres also an iron maiden next to it. I placed Vorici next to it as well to give it a bit more liveliness, since the area isnt anything intricate it need something animated, in sight to make it a bit more interesting.

The entrance uses wind and leaves blowing to give the effect that the doorway is ajar.

Spoiler
Full Size Direct Link
http://imgur.com/D5ZJoDX

This is just a basic dining hall area.

This area has nothing special, its a basic dining hall. The only trick i used was using a candle lamp to emulate an actual table lamp, since the table itself has no functional lighting.

Spoiler
Full Size Direct Link
http://i.imgur.com/8ZcARA0.png

A basic storage area. I also included toras bowmaker, it gives it a bit more flavor since the open boxes dont display too much.

Spoiler
Full Size Direct Links
http://i.imgur.com/sijUOJK.png
http://i.imgur.com/09dOnFG.png

This legendary gateway leads to many new places. The guild was build on top of this ancient construct. Many within the guild believe it to be a creation of an ancient race that perished, there are also those whom believe that man could never create something with such power, that only gods could. Few within the guild have used it to venture into new lands, many never come back.

This one has a bit of what i mentioned before. Instead of Gold statues i use stone ones, created the same illusion as if they were part of the arches. I used stone because it seemed far more primitive than the gold ones, they also add to the overgrown and age of the area.

I added sometile and bushes, flowers, to help it feel a bit more overgrown but i didnt over do it to give it a more kept feeling, since while old and overgrown it still in use and being occupied.

I used a sunbeam MTX to give it a shaft of light, as if the ceiling was open and collapsed. I also used leaves and wind to add to the effect of it being an open area.

Hope you all enjoyed it, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Sep 9, 2015, 5:50:46 PM
North-East Phrecia , not too far from Sarn, the ruins of an old village which was swallowed by the river long before The Cataclysm struck (by presumably natural means). Wether by chance or something else, the temple would not fall nor it's immediate surroundings. Thaumaturgy has kept the insides of the temple almost-intact, while it also keeps corruption away, fitting a natural hideout for exiles in need of refuge. Building a community brick by brick , perhaps with hard work and regained will, this shall someday become a large town......

THE TOWN

http://prntscr.com/8ebqp1 Where Exiles try to make a living, you can see the market behind the houses.

http://prntscr.com/8ebrfn Fishing and hunting is the source of food, which is cooked here.

THE TEMPLE'S ENTRACE

http://prntscr.com/8ebs7w Once mighty, now destroyed by nature's finest.

http://prntscr.com/8ebtig Shrouded in fog and darkness rest the graves before the great wall, imponent symbol of faith.

THE TEMPLE - Famous for its unique roofless structure,it is unknown how the "insides" were kept from the outsides, but commonly accepted it was by thaumaturgical means.

http://prntscr.com/8ebv7v Beautiful, shining and timeless. The sacred halls refuse to die.

http://prntscr.com/8ebvp1 Dining is more than just eating. This art was prefered by Templars and their visitors, and such artists they were.

http://prntscr.com/8ebwy6 Elreon's own small chappel........need I say more?

http://prntscr.com/8ebxm1 An old favourite, the time machine!...eh. no, i mean, map device.
Just the right ammount of curiosity to wonder whats lies on the bottom of the dark pit...
Not curious enough to try to find out.

Is it ok to just send links? (Due to image size)
Thanks

Last edited by Drkzaleos on Sep 11, 2015, 8:39:57 AM
Competition Details
Spoiler
"
Specify your theme and which league your hideout was created in.
League: Standard
Theme: Alternative Lioneye's Watch

Welcome to the Exile's Path, an alternative start to our initial introduction to Wraeclast. Not all Exiles were thrown on a beach by Oriathan Soldier's. Some were lucky enough to seek and find refuge on this un-named island. Most Exile's now know it as Exile's Path.

The introduction of the screenshots displays an "alternative" start from what the game actually starts off with. Instead of your comrade being eaten alive by a Zombie he is assisted by another Exile.

Near by you can see a funeral ceremony as well. This scene summarizes life in Wraeclast. A land that gives graciously with one hand, and takes mercilessly with another.

Next you see the servery on the beautiful coast, where Exiles respite and enjoy the typical delicacy of Wraeclast; Fire-Roasted Rhoas. A Water Filtration system has also been created to sustain life on the coast. Another exiles, lucky enough to have found a fishing rod, has been generous enough to take on some fishing duties to feed his crew.

Within the palisade wall is a classroom with the sly Vorichi teaching various exiles how to wield weapons, protect themselves, and continuously maintain their wares.

The intersection later divides into the dormitory where Exiles can comfortably sleep within the warmth of a thaumaturgical flame and lush trees to provide cover and concealment. A few exiles seem to be fond of each other and take some time to share their stories of past and hope.

Other exiles, however, seem to be getting fed up of each other. Perhaps there are not enough bunks for everyone to sleep comfortably? Either way, every group of people have their quarrels, but like family, the inhabitants of this Island will eventually resolve their issues with no grudges. It is the beauty and the curse of company. This is why Leo has set up camp in the infamous "Brawler's" intersection. A place that's ALWAYS A PLEASURE to host a good duel to squash any grudges, because we all know...that in Wraeclast it is always...A GOOD DAY FOR IT!

The palisade gate opens to the coast where an Oriathin Recon Squad stands still, slain by the cocky Vagan, master of weaponry, and a few well trained Exiles. The provisions provided by the recon ship prove helpful and supply the coast with great resources!

At the other side of the intersection, you ascend into a staircased-hallway and notice a few camping "Recon" spots on the edge well concealed by the trees of the coast. These dedicated Exiles keep the coast clear and safe from any potential invaders while also dipping into the best fishing spots on the island. The Baby Rhoas make for great alarms when the Guarding exiles sleep!

Upon entering the hideout you are always greeted by Zana whom stands close by her banner and books as she studies and provides visitors with an ease of access to wares and maps.

Wandering beyond this point is dangerous, as an eternal rain-forest exists in the middle of the coast with downpour that seems to never end. The twisted thaumaturgy actually provides great comfort as you venture into the trees to reach the sacred Map Device.

Lastly, the crown of the fort, a hand-built mossy barricade conceals the sacred statue that seems to provide life and fortune to the coast. "The Giving Hand of Shavarrone" these exiles call it. Nature seems to seep from the magnificent statue into the rain-forest, perhaps explaining the link of thaumaturgy and eternal rain. Either way, Catarina, the master of the dead, gives very little information, but seems to always be studying the artifact. Perhaps she is linked with it somehow?

Finally, the great crafting area provides the coast's master with a great and accessible variety of tools all within immaculate arcs.

-Fin.

If you've read the full story or even skimmed through it, I would like to say thank you so kindly. I hope you enjoyed my story and the screenshots!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Sep 9, 2015, 5:36:24 PM
Allright Exiles, welcome to Kingoko's Castle :)
[Standard League]

(Sorry for low resulation and low texture quality, my potato can't handle it. Hideout looks much better in high resolution and high quality).

Entrance to Throne room :

Dining area :

Study Area :

Castle Kitchen :

Armory :

Central area :

Mini-Zoo and Garden :

Thx for watching and Good Luck every1 :)

Last edited by Kingoko on Sep 28, 2015, 12:46:15 PM
The Dockyards

When the hundreds strong Forsaken Masters first laid eyes on the condemned land of Wraeclast they knew that this land would cause great misery and suffering to many, upon their journey from Theopolis to Wraeclast and through the beaches and jungles many a Master was lost, hundreds rapidly dwindled down to less than a handful by the time they reached Sarn and so they rested. The remaining Masters eventually battle their way through the overthrown city of Sarn and came across a long forgotten dock hidden off of the coast of Wraeclast, this was where they would lay their settlement and reclaim their glory by working together to craft monstrous weapons of extraordinary power.

Their stories echoed across the lands of Wraeclast and to this day you can still here the children sing the song of the Forsaken Masters:

Many moons had passed since the Masters went to war.
Working together, they created greater weapons than before.
Many souls took cover, they'd shiver on patrol.
The corruption raged crazy, simply way out of control.

Then the Masters had created it, the latest device.
Many of them tried to tame it, against all advice.
Their flesh was maimed, and their energy lost.
How many more will this dreaded battle cost?

Then the darkness encroached, the numbers tumbling down.
If the corruption didn't get you, you'd probably drown.
But the Masters battled on, through hunger and pain.
Living to fight, just to victor again.

And now was the curtain call, the final onslaught,
no better hideout could you possibly have bought.
But spare a thought for fallen and the brave.
So fight with their honour, fight until the end.

Legend has it that bandits attempt to locate the mythical 'Dockyards' but when they get near, their ships capsize and they find themselves wrecked in the very place which they seek, to this day nobody has heard from those bandits and it's said that only the bravest warriors exiled from Theopolis have found the legend that is The Dockyards.

Those who are skilled enough to find and activate the hidden waypoint that resides somewhere within Wraeclast will be able to access The Dockyards waypoint, upon arriving at this waypoint you're greeted with what looks like a scene of sheer devastation as you can make out what is the remnants of a wrecked vessel.

Around the wreck you can see that a few other surviving exiles have been collecting and trading with loots from the ship, they pride themselves on keeping a fair and open economy with no set currency to speak of.

As you proceed through the archways towards the thicket you'll notice how our Forsaken Masters dispose of any bandits that try and hunt them down, by throwing their plague-ridden corpses into a raging fire pit. Vagan likes to keep guard here to make sure that should the corruption ever manage to take hold of the yet-to-be-immolated corpses he can swiftly dispatch them without any trouble.

Continuing through the archways to the thicket courtyard you will find the area where Tora and the more adventurous exiles call home, this little area houses a few tents for families and we even have an exile trying to fish up some tasty supper or maybe he's after that elusive Irontooth Snaggler, after all this well is connected to the waterways of Sarn.

Leo keeps check on the exiles and makes sure everything is in order, sometimes there's a drought in food during the winter and we need someone to watch over the exiles and make sure they don't turn on each other.

Once we head inside The Dockyard Keep we notice Elreon's books strewn across the floor, he has had a lot of time to research and catalogue the many tomes of Wraeclast, it doesn't look like he's close to finishing this task, however.

Further on in we approach Zana and here we can see that she has managed to accrue quite a vast wealth, it must be all of those strange dream-like worlds she visits. Zana has taken to making sure the exiles are well looked after and are healthy, we can even see her here taking care of a mother and her child.

Finally at the rear of the Keep is the powerhouse, The Reverie Device, constructed from the remnants of Vaal technology, some say that this is what the children speak of when they chant the 'Masters' Song', the device itself allows one to traverse through portals to alternative dimensions in search of riches and to rid these worlds of corruption.

Note: Click on the images for full size versions.
Spoiler
Full album with rejected screenshots here http://imgur.com/a/Wx7Va

Spoiler
Yes the song is a homage to Worms

If not obvious, the theme I was going for was a hideout for the Forsaken Masters, their journeys to Wraeclast being rough, they found their solitude by taking over these long-forgotten docks and turned them into their own dwellings.

Some decoration techniques I used:

- Near the waypoint I've used a sitting log and the sharpening wheel to stop players from passing through to the south-west side of the hideout, this means the wall cannot be seen which gives a more believable outside/docks atmosphere.

- The fire pit is made up of the fireplace MTX, a Vorici fence, a few low walls and some decorative walls from Tora to give it the look of an ancient fireplace that has been converted into a fire pit to dump the dead, there's also a body burning inside the pit if you look closely.

- In Tora's courtyard I've covered the walls with bits of colossus statue and some trees to hide the bookshelves as best I can and give it that overgrown ruin sort of look, I've also used a wall from tora to block off the north west edge of the wall, behind this are numerous tents which obscure the bookshelves and again more foliage.

- To hide the drop on the south east wall of the waypoint room I've used cranes on the dock which cast shadows to obscure the railings before the drop.

- The map device itself is using the machines from Zana to make it look like a construct of Vaal technology to fit in with the story of the hideout.

- The map device room itself is walled with pillars to give it a more important look and differentiate it from the rest of the inside section of the hideout, at the rear of this room I've also used Zana decorations to make a luxurious shrine.

Every Master crafting bench is featured within the hideout in the following places:

- Sharpening wheel is on one of the rail tracks as though it was taken off of the ship and is now being used by the exiles and the masters

- Armourer's bench is underneath the ruined cart next to Leo, it nicely obscures the ghastly red box but also fits in well with the design

- Bowmaker's tools are near Tora, she uses this to craft her bows so she needs it close

- Artisan's bench is by the fishing exiles, it is placed here so it looks like the exiles use this to prepare the fish before selling/cooking

- Blessing font is in the round table near Zana, a very fitting place to bless jewellery in a very fitting room

- Headstones are inside of the machine that powers the map device, it gives this part of the machine a green glow to make it look like it's powering the map device

- Map device doesn't need explaining, it has it's own room and even it's own story, it is a very important piece of the hideout.
Last edited by Razor792 on Sep 15, 2015, 7:46:20 AM
Nice Hideouts :D i will post my old one [ witch i just %100 Finished thx to Sale :D ]
Note: i up Resalution little bit :)

Here is mine :) - my 2nd hideout i post on HOTW but i hope it's count :)
and heres the link of the HOTW - Guild Of Exile it's a Royal Guild for the Strongest :P

Theme is a Guild House that fits for POE - Hideout in Standart

As Tricks i didn't write on main HOTW but i can write here :D
1- Let's start with Outside.

Spoiler

i try to make it so the extra part of the Lay out of the Hide out looks like out side so it's look more Realistic and i use out side part for the part of Guild recruitment
as Tricks Rain - Zana's Bird Cage light to look like Moon Light - i use Lamps in house to fith the night theme + Oriath Creat for the Door and small details like well + urn Flys Flags and tree to look out side.
As for Catarina she is actually not there she is Ghost but don't tell any one :)

Note: i forget it but i use Catarinas Glow to make that area look like a place to go in.

2- Main Hall.

Spoiler

Well not much to explain it's a guild. i wan't to make a good dinner and fun place for members but.
There wasn't that much space [ i wanted to make a big dinner table ] so i make 2 table + a Bar and that made even better :D Vorici on the Bar he's cooking is good i use Study Desk as Bar and put Tables under it so it's not Look empty. and Table + Fire pit's for the cooking place.

Then next to Stairs yes :D i try to make a second floor for the beds i try my best but i think thats look more like a storage area :(

and the Garden i wish there was doors i try bunch of stuff but any thing didn't fit so i make it open :)

as details.
i hide lights under pillar so it's looks fancy. And i try to make a patern in the floor but dame thats to hard so i give up :) - i use pipes torchs to make a Tea coocker for vorici :) and i put Legacy items to show Guilds Power [ King Kaom's Head - Poisonus Skeleton Rhoa ( Friend of Albiona Rhoa ) - Scroll of Shavronnes - and old guild Mistress Bust ] and the Final Pice The Game :)

i don't know whats called this game but i see this game on Fable The Lost chapters [ i loved that game ] so why not put that Game in that game inside this game as a game :D

+ i use back Side of the Tool Board to make a Questing board like on maing towns

3- Book Reading Area - Crafting - Tresure + Meeting room.

Spoiler

Tea and book Reading Area there is not much to say name shold be enaf i think.

Then Crafting Room [ i Changed Haku for Tora to make Daily easy :) ]
as details. i use bonfire + Fortificatin Door to make a Fire place for Black Smith haku and use stone pieces to look like a real Work Place. and Well + urn [ i don't now whats called but Black smith use oil or wather to make steel ] and tools Borad + Most of the crafting Bench for realism.

Meeting or recruitment room

Well details is not much there but hideout's tile fit perfect for this [ the drawer on the wall ]
and i use Desk + Study desk to make a bigger desk + urn and Trees to give life to the hideout.
+ i put guild stash there as decoration + fast maping and dailys.

And Ofcorse Treasure room

Whell there is nearly any thing special in this room i hit 750 mark and bearly finished it :D
but it's Treasure room so GOLD GOLD EVERY WHERE :D

Note: Sorry for Grammar or Bad Eng i try my best :D
Last edited by rozol1234 on Sep 10, 2015, 11:15:34 AM
Mad mage's tower
In one of the most deadliest places of Wraeclast, at the north of the Big Desert, is where the Mad Mage live. In a tower, at the top of the hill, surrounded by water.
Many stories had been heard about the Mad Mage, but noone had ever been confirmed, stories that induce fear on the most braves and keep the wise away from that area.
Thats why, for many, this is one of the most scarier places of all Wraeclast.
The tower is girded by statues of animals and womanlike criatures, evil guards, that become alive at darkest hours, to hunt and feed of those who dare to step into the surroundings.
Many of the oldest books and magic scrolls are in possession of The Summoner, one of the many names of the Mad Mage, included those who tell the story of the Great Malachai, one of the Dark Generals.
Some say that the Mad Mage has been trying to summon Malachai to spread the chaos on Wraeclast, and a few believe that he has succeed.
The lower level of the tower is, without doubt, the most frightening. The dungeon of the tower, carved into the stone by magical powers, where the ones that are lucky, are kept alive,
tortured every day, to satisfy the appetites of the blood magic, well, maybe they are not so lucky after all.
There is also an old temple, built long ago, for the old gods, that's being said, can teleport those who believe to secrets and far places, sometimes even to unknown locations, warning, use with precaution !.
But not everything is evil, or maybe is?, the tower also hiddes one of the largest treasures of all Wraeclast, cursed they say, but of course, noone of those who ever tried to claim it had been seen alive again.
You would be wondering by now, how i know all this stuff........haha...HAHAHA MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Screenshots
Main Hall
Spoiler

Kitchen
Spoiler

Armory
Spoiler

Bedroom
Spoiler

Spoiler

Jail
Spoiler

Teleporting device
Spoiler

Treasure room
Spoiler

Ship room
Spoiler

Storage room
Spoiler

BloodMagic Device
Spoiler

Spoiler

Ign on standar: Ariannahh
IGN: Ariannahh
Alf's True summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1322360/page/1
Alf's Only SRS: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1454368
Hideout: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1428672
Last edited by kjksdajk on Sep 9, 2015, 9:54:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info