Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

Forest hidden shrine of doom (standard)

Basic concepts of the Hideout:
-Abandoned shrine in jungle or forest.
-Recently discover, we continue cleaning the brush.
-No walls.
-Lots of burning skulls. (like that)
-Easy and functional.
-One fisherman.
Last edited by matamepoko on Sep 10, 2015, 4:50:31 PM
Hidden mountain temple(on standard)

Welcome to my hideout. It's a hidden mountain temple recently reclaimed to suit my and forsaken masters needs.

We start at the portal powered by three extraction devices. In the back we can see blacksmith and storage area.

Let's take a closer look.

Today Leo is taking care of our equipment.

At the other side, there's a small graveyard guarded by the Master of the Dead

By going deeper in to the temple we find Zana's study, and entrance to the mapping area.

Map device

Down the mountain path we come across the cave, house to the Loremaster and the RNGshrine.

RNGshrine and sacrificial victims (Clearly not enough to drop a Mirror or even a Mjolnir)
Last edited by EvilPayaso on Sep 9, 2015, 9:30:10 AM
Purgatory (Standard league)

Theme is loosely based on Catholic purgatory, but incorporates the Spanish train bringing the bodies/souls to purgatory as well as the river styx. There is an elevator to hell (map device), statues of false gods forever burning (Honestly don't know why they are all female) and more.

I have used decorations to the limit without limiting the area and making use of the decorations to draw attention to height and lighting effects.

As a matter of fact I have used ONLY free decorations to prove that a beautiful Hideout is possible without "pay to win"! (And I'm broke as hell)

Enter through a pretty glittering cross with a river in sight and churchbells in the backround...how bad can it be?! (Zana must be planning to redecorate or go somewhere...typical)

River styx with wind blowing, seems like a lonely place to wait. (Hope you brought some silver!)

Statues of false gods with Catarina glow in backround, maybe she knows/waits for Phlegyas. (Burn the witch!)

Intersection of three areas (road to Catarina incl) used as a graveyard. (Because walking over graves all day is what we DO!) - Catarina crafting Stones found here incidentally.

Closeup of Spanish train / Ghost train with low tech emergency stop solution. (Those bodies didn't make the cut or were leftovers I suppose.)

That cart was earmarked for hell, don't worry, no elevator/judgement required.
Elreon only punches tickets in btw, nobody gets out!

Say hi to the camera boys, you're going down...

Vorici set up his shop next to the elevator powersource. (Don't follow these souls to hell unprepared!) Seems he is always ready to make some coin when death is at play.

If anybody wants to get up close + personal + visit my ho, add me and I'll try to give tours. IGN Swagger_Daggers (Few surprises due to newly acquired swagger/prizes)
Last edited by Rodarax on Oct 1, 2015, 4:25:33 PM
Reserved

When I sarted the game 2 mounths ago and found out I can create a personal area, hideout all i wanted was a cave. It took me a while to figure it out how could I do it but i have just finished today. There is only one base hideout interior without heigh difference, the Enlightened hideout. It's dark without the proper lightning and even the background music is fitting. So I had to chose Elreon to level because of the base hideout. Next i have needed a decoration that looks like a cave wall. At first i found the den/cave pillars from Catarina but that wasn't enough so the search didn't ended. Then i found out there are decors called Large Rock from Haku so the second master to level have been choosen. Then the floor... Catarina's crypt rubble so floor+pillars there I had the third master to invite to my hideout. It took me more than a mounth to get enough favors for the walls and floors but as soon as i had enough i said good bye to Catarina. (sad story... :D ) About Haku? I love Haku, he stays! When I have finished i choose the masters by their vendor specials. (alteration orb, jeweller orb and orb of fusing discount) and they are also fitting into the image of my cave. Elreon keeps their soul at rest while Haku keeps order and Vorici?... Well if anybody can sneak past Vorici then he/she deserves to be in here. :D He's the perfect gatekeeper. Leo is only a merchant by the mapping-stash area. He keeps my booty safe. Any exile who's in grave danger or in a need of a sanctuary are welcome just as a family sitting by the wall. :D Oh and Zana! Of course I need Zana! After the map farming has begun everyone needs Zana and because her emphasized role she's got the whole left room for herself. So let us see what is the result:

Click on any image to see it in full resolution.

Central Area, crafting table and Haku overseeing everything.

Central Area, Vorici by the entrance keeping us safe. I'm especially proud of the well-waypoint.

Central Area, a woodcutter and a dining table. I do always feel sorry for the family on the right.

Central Area, Elreon keeping them in faith and a food stand for any exhausted vanderer.

Right wing, My stash with Leo guarding my hard earned wealth.

Right wing, Mapping area. (I do not like how the map device looks and it's cooler.)

Portals up!

And my love, Zana needs her privacy (so do I *wink, wink*). I give her everything she desires! <3

I hope you liked it and sorry for my bad english. PS: Standard league, feel free to come by.
Last edited by Sziklapeti on Sep 12, 2015, 6:05:25 AM
The Contradictive Hideout

Hello guys.
When I started my hideout long time ago I thought about making radical contradictions in the evnironment tyeps between areas, it took me a while but its finally done!

I'll list the contrdacitions I made along with pictures:

Life-Death:
Area full of nature and trees alongside corpses, grave and agony:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Construction site - Nature:
The same nature area from previous picture is right near a construction site:

Poverty:
A lot of torches to light up their poor village, still not enough light.
They suffer a lot, a food-table with no chair to even sit and eat properly. Also, the armorsmith and bowmaker tool crafting benches are there, they are always making weapons and never really feel safe:

Passage:

Wealth:
A few lamps are enough to light up the whole house, proper table with chairs, convenient life.

Poverty-Nature-Structual "Triangle":
I felt like between the poor village and the house I needed some nature, with a nice-looking statue.

Primitive Life-Style:
A camp in a middle of a forest, like old times.

Passage:

Non-primitive Life-Style:
Not exactly modern life because they light up the area with candels, but much more modern life than the camp right outside.

Living-Dead:
Right near the wealthy house there's a breach to a hallway full of body remains on the ground and graves.

Hope you like it and good luck to all ! :-)
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
Last edited by MagicalCrime on Sep 9, 2015, 11:59:03 AM
Here is the album with the 8 screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/ONdYj

This hideout was made on standard.

The theme is "A fort under catapult attack".

Imagine a small community trying to survive in wraeclast despite being under constant threat of catapult attacks.

I integrated all the crafting benches either fittingly throughout the hideout or inside decorations in order to not look out of place.

I used rubbles, a mixture of various fire decorations and the spiked balls to make it seem like they had landed and caused damage.

I wanted the lower level of the hideout to seem like it was submerged under water. I used the largest version of the dome and put decorations you would expect to see forming over a submerged city after many many years. I think the result is fairly convincing.

All my masters have their specific purpose and I tried making the fort a bit lively by positioning exiles all over the place.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Sep 9, 2015, 12:50:46 PM
Hi my Name is Sascha from Germany, im playing in Warbands :)

My Hideout is themed Enlightened torture Chamber, i made this my Home cause i like small creepy Dungeonlike places.

This is the Room were we cook the Medicine for an expansion of consciousness and that give us access to other Dimensions.

Here is the waiting Room were Tora and Elreon give a warm welcome to the Guests

Just a Floor were Leo likes to have a 1on1 conversation with the Guests.

This Room here is the Amulance were Dr.Haku try to Heal the Guests from their sickness

Hope you all enjoyed it :)

Last edited by Catatoxic on Sep 9, 2015, 12:16:02 PM
I always find hideouts to be overbloated and just filled with stuffs for the sake of it.
So i made a "Personal space hideout"

- You have plenty of space and dont get claustrophobic
- No tight confusing areas where its hard to see, everything is easy to spot and navigate
- I used a "dark" theme as im a lonesome grinding machine
- I used no MTX for this, basic stuff out from the masters

Based on: Coastal hideout @ warbands
I love the sea~

Mainhall, this is where i usally idle, talk to my masters and craft. Doing maps and much more. All while having the breeze from the sea making it feel more open.

large resolution: http://i.imgur.com/XanI3jp.jpg

And up in my office, just a stairway from the mainhall.
Business is made here.

large resolution: http://i.imgur.com/YLG4nqN.jpg
There is suppose to be a nice signature picture here
Last edited by hitem on Sep 9, 2015, 12:29:39 PM
Character: Yggdrasil

League: Tempest

Submission Name: Malachai's Lost Lab.

Submission Theme: Life and Death theme to match that of Wraeclast

You rapidly exit a giant Vaal pyramid as something seems to gone wrong while teleporting to Sarn. Barely grasping your surroundings, you stand up from the waypoint and stumble out of this giant structure. You find yourself surrounded by trees and vegetation...in an underground chamber:

As you wander along the forest trail you come across the watcher of the forest, who bids you welcome and encourages you to bless yourself at the well to protect yourself from what lies ahead:

Upon bathing yourself in the holy waters of the blessing font, you journey farther down the path. You now reach the shepherdess of the dead and she grants you the ability to stare into the well to see what destiny awaits you:

You finally come to the end of the trail and find yourself at the doorway of an ancient structure. Upon further investigation you are convinced that this is an ancient thaumaturgical lab due to the foul smell in the air:

You see a light to your nearest right an investigate further. A great cartographer remains at her desk vigorously scribbling notes while surrounded by map, alter, and book:

The shimmering red air around you makes you want to investigate further. As you wander down the stairs surrounded by the charcoal black walls you finally reach the bottom of the stairs where you find a great gladiator reading the last rite's to multiple prisoners:

You hear screaming in another room and slowly walk further down the corridor. You come across a streaming hot room with a giant forge in the middle:

You traverse the final amount of corridor and enter a room where the stench immediately offends your nostrils. Looking around you are stunned at the amount of lab tables with prisoners mounted on them. A master torturer stands nearby a generator and several electrical shocking devices. Off to your right a pile of rotting corpses remains from the experimentation in this room. In the center of the room you behold why all the sacrifices are being conducted. A red glow indicates that the device is powered on and enables opening of portals to other worlds:

Clarity of the situation hits you as you realize that Malachai has used the expertise of the cartographer to open portals to other worlds using the life force of the prisons being held in the earlier part of the lab. Using an empty chest nearby you decide to escape through the portal device by placing in a location known to you...

Good Luck to all
Last edited by phaenx on Sep 29, 2015, 11:29:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info