The origin of RNGesus (hideout backstory)

(Please note this is just a fun bit of fan fiction for the hideout comp. Its not well written so dont expect much!!)
Link to hideout
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1423135

Legend has it, that many instances ago, there was a man who had the ability to bring luck to the people of Wraeclast. It brought great personal pleasure to see the faces of the people as they rejoiced in their good fortune and he vowed that he would always look after the people of wraeclast.

One fatefull afternoon he bumped into 'Krillson', the master fisherman. As usual krillson was fishing, and fishing well. 'having some luck with the fish today' the man called out to krillson. 'no such thing as luck' krillson replied without looking up from his rod. 'i catch what i catch and thats it' he added.
'Ah but their is' he answered softly. 'have you not heard of me? the people have started calling me the RNGesus, and i bring good fortune wherever i go.' 'Nope, never heard of you', came the reply 'My rod and my skills is all i need'

Now this went on for a while. RNGesus trying to convince Krillson about luck and Krillson countering him with his 'Rod and skills' As the argument went on, RNGesus became increasingly angry and felt a strange pressure building inside him. As he wondered about this, the knowledge suddenly hit him. He was a god and he had the power to change peoples luck!!! As the anger built inside him he formed a plan. He would divide himself into 6 pieces and infuse them into 6 terrible beings. They would be the gate keepers of luck and Wraeclast would know bad luck until they were reunited. And worst of all he would make Krillson the unluckiest of all!! The kind of luck that makes you not see a single exile in months.

No one actually saw this happen, but to this day Wraeclast remains a very unlucky place and Krillson? He's seen about now and again but these are far and few inbetween.......
Last edited by brutalrazial on Sep 12, 2015, 2:31:41 PM
+1 Nice story.

But now I need to know who the 6 are. I like where you're going, keep it up. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
+1 Nice story.

But now I need to know who the 6 are. I like where you're going, keep it up. :)

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info