Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

This is my Standard Ancient Ruins Hideout, I wanted the feel of a deteriorating ruin deep in the woods that still holds a bit of mysticism and magic. But at the same time I didnt want to forget the brutal nature that is Wraeclast, so yes there are bits of bodies sprinkled about, It is kill or be killed in this world. So here goes, hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Here are my Masters grilling their next meal over a fire pit as well as the Ancient Waygate used to get to this hidden location.

Next up is the crafting area, contains a forge channeling the furies from within into a potent device for crafting the many things an Exile will need, as well as a pillar of heaven for blessing all of the baubles and trinkets a busy exile may need.

Up next you pass under a stone arch and are met with a few more exiles teaching another exile what it means to betray my peoples.

To the right an ancient doorway to a shrine to other worldly areas. With Master Leo there to ensure when you come back nothing follows.

Next is the walk down into the treasure room and the source of much of the power and warmth around here.

Here some of my peoples cook up their hunt from today

The guards of my accumulated treasures

And what happens to those who try to take what doesnt belong to them

Now the treasure pile, the accumulated wealth of many adventures into far off and exotic locals, as well as the volcano that provides for all our geothermal needs.

And last but an homage to the blood sweat and tears that lead us here.

Anyways thats the hideout I have spent a considerable time working on, thank you all for taking a look!

Heres a direct link to the album of the full sized images: http://imgur.com/a/865mj
Last edited by Squarebush on Sep 10, 2015, 4:00:55 PM
This is my 'Temple of the Pagan God' submission for the contest (standard league).

The idea:

A temple was half constructed on small island east of the shore of Wraeclast. The Temple was built to worship an old god, but before it was finished, the builders were consumed by their god, hundreds of years ago.

From time to time, strange beasts and men find their way to the island, but the island protects itself.

The Dark encampment

Four of the greatest masters of Wraeclast inhabit the island. Just outside the temple, they observe, unsure whether to protect, or destroy the structure.

Temple entrance

Pagan Shrine

The Altar

Two roads diverged in dark a wood

Bone Archway

Home of the builders

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 29, 2015, 4:09:25 PM
The Search for Zana: Timeworn Haven
a themed hideout competition entry in standard league

Spoiler

This hideout is not meant to be overly complex, but is instead built tightly around a story that is told below by the Masters. The true value of the hideout as it is, comes with the full package, so I encourage you to take a minute or two and read through it.

Thank you!

Elreon, Loremaster:
"It has been decades since we've last seen Zana. Ever since she built that hideout of hers, she started to become increasingly mysterious. We queried about what's going on, but she wouldn't let us close. She wouldn't let us help her... oh, and yes, she needed help."

Tora, Master of the Hunt:
"When we found this place it was obvious that something isn't right. What once used to be a glorious sanctuary for Zana in her battles against the growing corruption is now nothing but a mere shade of that. It was obvious, that nobody had been here for years."

Catarina, Master of the Dead:
"The sheer stench was enough for me to know that it was not only time that wore down these chambers. The stench of death. The silent screams of corruption. A foul mist around your knees and trees growing out of what used to be polished marble... However, once we saw the Device it was all clear. Something had gone dreadfully wrong and Zana was now a prisoner of her own maps, presumably struggling for her life... or whatever's left of it by now."

Vagan, Weaponmaster:
"This is not the end of our search. Never before have we been closer to hope. We are still trying to learn more about and understand Zana's invention, since it has evidently been the demise of many an explorer or adventurer, who stumbled upon this ill-fated place. Yes, it looked a lot worse when we first saw it...
I'm not even sure why, but we're trying to restore these halls to their former glory. At least partly. Perhaps for Zana to once again enjoy them... or maybe as a tribute to her efforts, some sort of an epitaph."

High resolution images can be found on imgur; http://imgur.com/a/2JE3t
Last edited by PinusSp on Sep 20, 2015, 5:44:54 AM
The Vaal Blood Forge, Standard

Theme: inspired by Path of Exiles thaumaturgy themes this is a entry that focuses on lore and functionality.

Notes from logbook:

"...The raid into the abandoned Sarn library archives was success. We were able to recover information regarding the strange ruined structure where we built our base. The historical background: as ordered by emperor Chitus himself a Vaal ritualistic site was reconstructed in Sarn. Supervised by Malachai and constructed based on partially recovered Vaal tablets its intention was to uncover the closely guarded secrets of Vaal gemling thaumaturgy. Officially declared as a execution site in the Sarn slums it provided both the necessary raw material for the ritual and a public display to install fear in the unruly rebel elements dwelling in their slum heavens. The central Forge was housed in a "salvation church" where a priesthood "prayed night and heaven for the souls of the executed". The prisoners were never allowed in the church but were lifted with cranes to the execution platform where they sat in public cages until their time came. In the end the site was declared a failure: the machine failed to provide any noticeable results on neither subjects nor gems. Thus Malachai and Chitus quickly lost interest in the project and the site served just as a execution site until the Cataclysm..."

"...Today we finally finished clearing the old structure and fortification works. The barricades and its natural prison/fortification layout should provide adequate defences against the creepy crawlers dwelling in the slum ruins below. While most of the church main structure has crumbled the main archways still stand tall.
As for the machine- thanks to the deductive research conducted by Elreon, Zana, Vorici and Catarina the true purpose of the structure has been uncovered. It turns out that Malachai was looking in the wrong directions. The Vaal machine they reconstructed was not intended for gemling transformation but was intended as a "Blood Forge", where powerful enhancements were forged on items instead of gems or humans. The fueling of the machine by executed souls powers the machine. The souls were transmitted via the victims blood that is extracted and directed into the Forge. But the public executions simply were too few, too little. We were able to solve the problem by using the map device. We empowered the fueling process by forcing the map portals into ritualistically prepared human torsos. The purpose of this is to tie the slain enemy souls in the maps pocket plane with the plane of Wraelcast. Simply put: each time a creature dies in the map pocket plane their soul is drawn through the map portal and into the torso. The blood collected from the torso is guided into the the extraction device and thus into the Soul Forge. Curiously the constant soul housing seems to invigorate the torsos preventing decomposition and a renewed production of fresh blood. Empowering the forge enables the crafting machines attached to it. With that it becomes possible to forge powerful modifications on already existing items. One might question the morality of the operation but in a world infested with ancient corruption dwelling demon-queens, golem surrogate high templars and a...thing that uses a entire mountain as a bed sheet, can one really blame us? You do what you have to do to survive and in Wraeclast this means to become as inhumanly powerful as you possibly can. Kill or be killed..."

Base camp. Living quarters for Elreon, Zana, Catarina and Vorici

Notes from logbook:

"...The base platform is perfect for a camp site. It appears to be the former prison courtyard as their is no noticeable structures expect for what appears to be the former guard shack at the main entrances of the complex. Vorici promptly claimed the crumbling building as his own while Elreon, Catarina and Zana set up tents at the far end of the courtyard. We also recruited some exiles. Some of them even brought their women and children here. They assist in everyday labour and prepare food for us. We provide security and they support us. While they might sometimes act squeamish because of some of the procedures we conduct at the Blood Forge they are yet to voice their complaints.I guess they figure better this life then to risk becoming zombie breakfast back in Twilight strand..."

The Soul Forge and crafting stations

Notes from logbook:

"...It appears that the collected essence is channeled into the central spiked and metallic spheres that are housed in the core of the forge. When we uncovered the Forge there were no fiery spheres inside the balls but as soon as we connected map device upgrade on the execution floor they light on fire. The fire spheres hum so softly...its almost like they are singing..."

Notes from logbook:

"...Among the crafting station modules there were also slots that were clearly designed for experimentation tables. Probably Malachais or his assistant Maligaros own little touch to the original Vaal design. We decided to restore the tables and chose miscreations corpses from Lunaris temple for preliminary testing. It seems to have some sort of influence on the Blood Forge but its extent and influence on the crafting process is uncertain. Further testing required..."

Execution platform

Notes from logbook:

"...For the torsos we needed to use fresh specimen. The vaal design seems to only accept human blood. We decided to use the Ebony Legion as a donor and so far have managed to capture some unlucky chumps. Its peculiar how differently people act when faced with certain death. One legioner was silent until the end, another could laughed like a maniac right until the Preparation. One of them cried uncontrollably and pleaded for his life, saying that he has wife and children waiting for him back home. Too bad for him- he should have thought twice before falling asleep on his post..."

Link to higher resolution album:

http://imgur.com/a/KnyYM
Last edited by Sig556 on Sep 11, 2015, 12:56:47 PM
The Hidden Cave (standard) (forum does not show last image)

When gallivanting through Wraeclast I stumbled upon cave, more like fell into. Nevertheless I found very convenient waypoint. I decided to make it my main staging area with most of materials and tables for crafting.

I explored a bit further north. There was a damaged device.

After consultation with Zana, days of hard work on four extraction devices and mending most of the pipes I was able to get it running again.

Last edited by Svegurok on Sep 10, 2015, 5:11:20 PM
Reclaimed

[full resolution album]

I have a medium-sized Lush Hideout in the Warbands league. When they comment on its decoration, visitors say it's either "messy" and nothing further before an abrupt exit, or they have nice things to say about it at length, haha. I always appreciate the compliments.

Although a rather limited and painful environment to accomplish anything in, I was very keen to make something of the hideout feature. So as to have an aesthetically pleasing environment to hang out in as well as to vent some creative flair. Given the experience that comes with decorating your hideout, I opted for organised chaos instead of brick by brick perfection. I found it much easier to blend edges and create a homogeneous, good lookin' scene when allowing for mess, and my chosen setting / my theme.

The hideout appears to be situated in the ruins of a large structure from long ago. It's been reclaimed by the vines and nature, and then again by various people.

An overview of the area.

You're welcome to drop by, even better if to buy something :P Contact "Diogenos" in-game.
Complete trade listing /view-thread/1337668
Highlighted items /view-thread/1417821
Hideout imgur.com/a/VxTMC
Last edited by Makadon on Sep 10, 2015, 9:08:24 PM
The House Of Thousand corpse

Theme: Gore and trash ( like the carcass jack with Gore skull effect i used )

(i know not original but i got inspired love the movie i love make girl scream :P)

This is the waypoint where you come from but its too late you will be stuck there some men will grab you and you will never return into ur land... im sorry YOUR SOULS IS MINE.
(with that contest) i will be ok for heat the house all the winter i love visitor its like human log delivry and free, WINTER IS COMING! Must be prepared! must brace yourself ON A PIKE!

After what you will be tortured by a twisted women catarina the Master of the dead only for is own fun. but in that case all people wriggles on the ground in the room of suffering agony !

Yes Heating System realy appreciate cause my build is CoC ice nova and glacial cascade so after a day to farm i love my hideout comfortable and warm

That look pretty efficience want my secret ( fusion and hide torch and vaal fire) so they BURN!

This is a wink for a player i play with, who love bird like you can found people love marshmallow but
we dont have any marshmallow in that cruel world so i make a BBQ invite some to eat THEM ALL *cough* BIRD

Named Room of Souls Heater of damnation (elreon always say another day in damnation)

You RIGHT i want ALL UR KNOWLEDGE SO BURN!!!! he will talk but it was right out of the oven once a day he keep trying escape but at final he get always return back in the hoven.

I know i need change portal for something more trash i will if i win :P

it was a long day so if you can just let me rest I have a fly problem to settle tomorrow!
Thank for voting me :P

Here link for all image full screen.
http://imgur.com/X4DL3cJ,yyBALp6,xXzWish,mV5G2xY,pK1Yg2z,ALhvrRh,DuTVzOu,ZLfnP1o,VfDrhRg#0
Last edited by krronos on Sep 11, 2015, 10:15:34 AM
The Cursed Forest (Standart League)

"In search of a home on the island of wraeclast some exiles and masters banded together. At last they found a spot in a thick forest with an old cathedral housing one of the shrines to an old goddess. Ignorant to the goddess they started to build a camp and even houses near the cathedral and hurting the forest in the process. Catarina who once lived, was made the guardian of that forest long ago by the goddess. In fury of their ignorance the goddess set loose Catarina and her ever growing spiders. Soon a great part of the forest was overrun nursing the forest with flesh of the dead. The few Exiles and masters left took refuge on the ground of the cathedral praying to the goddess and searching her library for answers. One old scroll depicts a ritual of sacrifice for the benevolence of the goddess, but with so few in numbers can they take the risk of losing more of their own...."

The pictures to the story:
Spoiler

The album with bigger pictures:

Last edited by neverland110 on Sep 30, 2015, 7:31:38 AM
Theme: Behind The Magical Forest (Elreon HO) Standard League

This is inspired by a magical forest, where brave warriors will have to pass on its way to the Wraeclast

First we have the portal in the middle, near Catarina are tora , As well as we can appreciate a secret door guarded by an exile to a secret barracks

Full view http://i.imgur.com/p04H3BC.jpg

Full view http://i.imgur.com/QXwcheN.jpg

Full View http://i.imgur.com/aqyoL5Y.jpg

Second we have the workshop, a small lobby where elreon receives visits, and the Zana place where is the gate to another worlds

Full view http://i.imgur.com/UNfLYRM.jpg

Full view http://i.imgur.com/mXbq25x.jpg

Full View http://i.imgur.com/Eys4DKj.png

And finally remember the exile guarding a secret entrance behind Catarina? Are the vorici and leo Barraks

Full view http://i.imgur.com/Ttf5fDC.jpg

Full View http://i.imgur.com/hTAJwZJ.jpg

Last edited by Rikkuh on Sep 11, 2015, 5:01:23 PM
Reclaiming the Wonders of Wraeclast

Zana Hideout, Standard League

It is one thing to survive in Wraeclast, but actually living in it is a business that requires a bit of luck and the will to explore. To reclaim the treasures and spaces carved out by long dead empires, to face their guardians and make their terrain your own. This is how this band of exiles managed to come into the possession of a home once meant for a gemling noble, long abandoned and guarded by beings eternally bound in servitude. After difficult battle with these sentinels they begin to make do with the space they have claimed, living within the decaying opulence that once filled the grand halls, now used to store the spoils of battle and to offer a brief respite from the churning engine of death and corruption that lays outside these silent, cold, gilded walls.

Description: Elreon makes his home in the left corner of the portal room surrounded by large piles of books as he spends his free time learning about the history of Wreaclast. Leo keeps him company right outside the makeshift room as he keeps a keen eye on the treasures the exile party have managed to scrounge together in the time they have traveled. Making his home in a cell turned treasure vault.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00001_zpsjcoxivoe.jpg

Description: The core of the room is filled with a grand colonnade, adorned with busts of long forgotten poets and artists as well as housing the portal which allowed the party to first discover this place. Zana has placed her portable portal device in its center allowing the new rifts to nicely fill the spaces between the columns surrounding it. A little to the right Vorici is seen guarding his personal stash of loot and crafting supplies, feeling uncomfortable with having a door someone can close on him he removed the gate that the front of the cell originally had.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00002_zpsc0n2zfzb.jpg

Description: Vagan is found in a rather simple living space at the bottom middle of the room, having a nice private area behind some banners he can rest in and a place to store the practice equipment he needs for his sparring.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00003_zpsfgejqllo.jpg

Description: Zana has opted to take the right corner of the room, filling her living space with artifacts she has managed to discover on her travels along with a large sturdy table upon which she can spend her time pouring over her maps in the comfort of a luxurious chair.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00004_zpsgrtcmpkb.jpg

Description: Beyond the portal room is the old guard quarters that used to control who was allowed to have an audience with the gemling noble and the access to the dungeon. It is now manned by the exiles tagging along with the masters as they keep track of supplies and refugees being accepted into this hideout. The guardians of this place lie dead where they faced the heroes trying to reclaim this space for the living.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00005_zpsnis7djsd.jpg

Description: The grand reception room of the gemling noble lies empty and unused, his orders lie scattered on the table of his scribe and his personal guardians lie dead in front of his throne, this place is now a mere echo of the power that the empire once wielded.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00006_zpsbmqucr2u.jpg

Description: Beyond the guard quarters is the dungeon, the entrance filled with the spoils of battle that the exiles have managed to gather. It also serves as a resting place for many and a work spot for those exiles training to take the place of the masters. Much has been done to cover the original purpose of the dungeon as no one wishes to think about what the gemling noble did to some of his guests down here.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00007_zpsrzmqjo6f.jpg

Description: The history of this place can not be ignored however as twisted devices fill the back of the room, intended for all manner of unsavory thaumaturgical experiments. These strange machines sit idle and gather dust as those living here do their best to pay respect to those who were their victims.

Full resolution image:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u179/Master_Cerberus/2015-09-11_00008_zpsdm8wrhfi.jpg
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Sep 11, 2015, 6:15:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info