Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

Theme: The Cannibal's Retreat
League: Warbands

A small riverside hamlet beckons the weary traveler making their way downstream with its inviting inn and well stocked general store. But as with many things in life, things are not as they appear...

The inn's entrance in plain view of the river attacts passing travelers looking for a respite from the treacherous journey.

A simple fisherman on the shore sends a message of normalcy and safety from the marauding bandits and not so friendly fauna of the forest.

Inside the inn Leo handles the drinks, a villager prepares the next meal (looks so yummy!) for the guests, and a wily Vorici beguiles the naive noblewoman Zana with his charm, lulling her into a false sense of security.

A short walk outside the in leads any would be traveler to a well stocked general store...

...as well as a well-equipped workshop for all their crafting needs..

However beyond the humble workshop belies the true nature of the settlement. Priestess Catarina prepares any unfortunate traveler for the sacrifice to come utilizing the flaming portal device.

Behind the small church reveals the horror of past victims, kept carefully from casual view.

Not all is lost! At the end of a winding cave tunnel brave Elreon stowed away with a young woman and her babe, fed up with barbarism of the rest of the group. Here he waits in the well camouflaged cave for his opportunity to escape!

Cheerio!
Hideout theme: Survive in Peace
League: Tempest League

The exiles were seeking for a peaceful spot where they wouldn't get constantly attacked by bandits and the living dead. They came across the old shrine where they would rest and restock. A thunderstorm came that night and they had to stay longer than they expected. During the time spent here they noticed that this place is amazingly peaceful in spite of the old graveyard being right next to them. They soon made this place their new home. scavenging the surroundings of what they can and fishing for food became their everyday lives. Survival isn't easy, but at least they are in peace. (one way or the other...)

Sleeping area and Jeffery the blacksmith at his working area. He can provide you with various weapons and armor, if you can provide the materials that is.

The resting and eating area Place where exiles come when they have done all their tasks for the day. You can see Vorici preparing some meals and exiles resting.

Here you can see three exiles still fishing, trying to feed for all those hungry mouths. Leo has been assigned to keep track of all the good wares. He will see if you have been doing work before you get to use the wares.

This is the path leading to the well and shrine, and the graveyard. Due to time and neglect decorative trees have overgrown this pathway, making it dark and creepy. The exiles boats are laying at the shore here decaying, hoping to get used once again.

Here you can see the shrine, entrance to the old graveyard and Catarina preparing the dead for eternal sleep. Faith is the strongest in the most difficult of situations.

Here you can see the well and the broken stuff. Because stuff is scarce in times like these nothing really gets thrown out. Thomas is looking to salvage some broken furniture to use for weapons and armor.

Elreons house of wisdom (standard)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
I made this hideout, because Elreon is my favorite master. His knowledge is glorious so his house is no the top of the reef and every exile can see it.

In his house u can see lots of books everywhere, its because he sharing his knowledge with everyone.
Near an entrance to his house is small statue that bless everyone who comes.

His doors is open for every good soul and angels symbolized that.

Next to Elreons house is Voricis stonework. Because his strict to every detail. And he can help if something wrong happen.

On the other side of square live exile named Fery. He repair everything that exiles needed after journeys.

Near by traveling-altar Tora have tent and sells meat and fur, but now she is almost out of stock because night coming and she going to hunt in while.

Gate have 2 red flags. I like red color so i decided for this color and i think it looks cool. And it easy to make.

On coast is the second traveling-altar, but this one is very dangerous, because u can travel to unexplored areas of Wraeclast trough it. Catarina and Elreon used a strong ritual, that any evil creature cant go trougt it.

Catarina prefer stay out from everybody. She live in old ship wreck and guarding both entrances to the hideout. 1st is traveling-altar and second is Tunnel of Coast, but now it is impassable.

Thanks for your time ;)

Spoiler

I used google translator so sry for my English.
I hope PoE get Czech translation.
Theme: Ancient Technology
Coastal Hideout, Warbands League

This hideout takes the form of some island fortress abandoned, forgotten, and overgrown in the distant past. The vision of the stronghold was to house various technologies which, given the scope of Wraeclast, are made manifest in the waypoint and map devices. Having been found by The Exile and company, the island has undergone some minor modifications to better suit their needs.
____________________________________________________________________________________

The jewel of the fortress: the map device. The Exile and Masters have made their own additions to this important space, equipping it with crafting tools and their "dosh pile:"
Large Version

____________________________________________________________________________________

Down the southern stairway is the main vestibule, which holds the waypoint device:
Large Version

The hideout entrance leading down into the island foliage. Pipelines to external structures are visible.
Large Version

Following the pipes we are met with the wreckage of a ship; an old generator has long since been pulverized by the waves and ship's remains.
Large Version

The pipeline to the left leads to a structure which appears to be intact and functional.
Large Version

The eastbound pipeline trails past the wreckage and into the water.
Large Version

Just off the shore a new structure is found; slightly damaged but appearing to be functional.
Large Version

Following the coast north one final device, merged with a loading dock, is discovered.
Large Version
Last edited by SilentSkulk on Sep 17, 2015, 4:12:44 PM
Some awesome work here. Makes me feel like an amature. :)

Theme : Our Home In Exile (Standard)

I imagine my characters know each other (how else would they all know how to get here) and share this and a few other spaces.

This location was selected because of the sheltered spot for the living area (Minor water spell keeps out rain) as well as how camouflaged it is from the lake.

Really wish I could have more camera control for some of these shots. Maybe make free cam available in hideouts?

*Zoomed out / Overview*

*Close Up*

Forge / Metal Workshop

Wood, leather workshop and gem glueing station (dont want those little pretties to fall out do you?)

Living Space, sleeps Two comfortable, four cozy. Bunkbeds are cool (The Doctor)

What little wealth and material goods we hold

What better place could there be on a hot sunny day?

** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Last edited by ElfBoy on Sep 28, 2015, 9:02:24 PM
My hideout is themed "Jungle Ruins" and should show an abandoned ruin in the Jungle. As my Masters are quite low and I wasn't playing much, I couldn't afford a lot of stuff, but it was kind of fun to create it :) Also my hideout is small and so i only used one platform for the scene.

Last edited by Shatiya on Sep 18, 2015, 4:41:16 AM
Phrecia's Grove

Theme : Overgrown/abandoned place; excursion.
League : Tempest

This hideout, is originally Elreon's hideout, however, my version is supposed take place in Phrecia (more specifically; Phrecia's gardens) the town that served as one the purity rebellion foothold, and also where the Archbishop Geofri had his cathedral installed, which was used as a momentary headquarter for the rebellion.

However, after the events at the chamber of sins, nobody came back to Phrecia, now, only ruins and shadows remains...

For those who want to avoid a roleplay description of each screenshots, you can see them in HQ here : http://imgur.com/a/EZtoF

I apologize in advance for any mistakes, as english is not my native language.
---

"As we proceed through Phrecia's gardens, the canopy of forlorn trees surrounding us make it harder and harder to see. We finally arrived to an isolated grove and I couldn't be more grateful; we were all tired and our caravan was showing some forms of weakness."

"After unpacking our supply, Warriv already started to fix one the caravan's wheel with the only help of his tools and the faint presence of Rammakor, father of sunlight.
The abandonned trees around us are now the residence of small spirits, or wisps as the Oriaths used to say"

NB : The cavaran acts as the waypoint.

"Leo, master of the Arena, is making the inventory of ours supplies for we may need them in the near future.
I let him tend his business and join Catarina, Master of the Dead, as she is intrigued by a statue with a plate at her feets : "To our friend and poet, Victario"
Catarina is amused by this : "An early epitaph for a used-to-be-living man", I decided to remain silent for she is a servant of Hinakorra, mother of the dead, and I have no interest in such affairs"

NB : the statue is used as Catarina's headstone.

A small path leads to the north...

"Zana, master cartographer, and our guide, is absorbed by by an old relic, she finally turn away; "This place is a gift from the Gods, the map device you can see in the middle of this shrine is able to open plans to untouched places of Wraeclast, and also, to the most corrupted ones".
I ask her for what the statues stand for; "Those are the representation of the three mains human traits, the one with the mace is the Strength, the bow represent the Agility and the unarmed stand for the Intelligence"
I decided to turn back and see what the others are doing."

"This is the entrance of "The Great Phrecien Lyceum", the entrance is composed by an arch, only after a while I noticed there isn't one but two statues, one being almost hidden by the forsaken vegetation. At this moment I hear Elreon's voice from the other side of the arch : "If you are wondering, these two symbolizes the Twins of Knowledge"
I decided to join him"

"As I pass the arch, I am confronted by a stone gate, to my right I hear Elreon, assisted by his aide, mumbling while organizing some old writings and relics.
He tells me : "What stand past this gate will not please the others, Warrior, but I'll let you find it by yourself."
I prefer to check Haku before anything else..."

"The ancestors stirs, this place is a trial, my friend" Haku says as I walk near him.
He continue : "The Karuis gifted me with this fireplace, as I will be able to continue my work here, but I redoubt what lies ahead, now excuse me, I have work to attend."

NB : This forge contains all the remaing craftings tools : Haku armourer table is the fireplace, Tora and VOrici crafting benches are hiding in the tools board, and the sharpening wheel stand by itself, as it's part of the decoration

"I walked past the Lyceum gate, my senses wakens, my blood is freezing.
I stand by the Lyceum entrance, at my feet stand a familiar sign, drawn in blood, the air became foul, and I can hear feints torture screams.
There is no doubts that Kitava, father of corruption, is at work here.
I decided to investigate further the altar in front of me and noticed some olds scrolls shuffled with webs.
I open one, it is written :
"By decree from Archbishop Geofri of Phrecia,
This place has been sealed for hosting thaumaturgical experiments, the practitioners of those experiments aswell as it is now their prison.
The seal will be maintainted until order from the Archbishop himself.
Death to sin"
Last edited by Titaa on Sep 19, 2015, 8:21:17 AM
First of all I would like to say thank you for making this game. It's very versatile. Ok moving on, I am requesting for the judges to please read all that I am about to write about my hideout.

"The Government"
(What you see is not always real)

Starting off with these screenshots of a peaceful town.

Vorici being a handyman repairing stuff to make a living.. But is secretly an Uchiha Assassin.

Leo preaching like a priest but hosts underground fight club. (He never talks about it)

Some random guy making a living, you could also see other random guys from other pics.

Oh wait what is this? Why are these trees here.. Shhh...

Boom!!! What the towns people don't know, there's very big secret behind the peacefulness of their town. There's no such thing as pure perfect peace. There are always sacrifices. One must give in order to take!!!

Here start's the creepy road..

I want you to meet Tora, A Class SS hunter who pledged her loyalty to me. She's guarding the most sacred place in this town. I will get back to what it is later.

This is where I torture bad citizens of my town. It's not just a punishment, it's my way of having fun, torturing em till they die.

Hired guards before you can walk through the road that leads to my throne..

This is my throne, I like watching tortured people as they release their last breath. Clarisa my mistress is always there beside me, making sure that the souls that die from my torture chamber will not reach the heavens.

Here's our most favorite Master, Zana.. She's one of my top executives.. So I made a good spot for her to chill.. This is the end of the road that Tora protects..

And last but not the least.. How can we ever forget about this.. Our very own portal access to different worlds..

Anndd that concludes my submission.

PS:

1. I know you said "Upto 8 pics" but I can't complete my story and show the highlights of my ho with just 8. I'm sorry.. There's more I couldn't show because of this restriction.

2. My base looks empty coz I just started this game 1mo ago. Started playing here in Warbands, only to find out that it isn't a permanent league and I will have to redo my ho when it goes back to standard league.

3. This game is so good, I'm a hardcore gamer and this game is kind of special. It smells a lot like D3 BUT WAY WAY WAY WAY better with the features. The builds you can do are endless.

4. Have a nice day players! Again sorry for the long post.

The Imperial Terraces*
Standard

Why is the theme so boring?
I started to work on this hideout early after Forsaken Masters release. It's nothing fancy, I know, but I was afraid that if I make another one on Standard, I'll lose this one by mistake. I wanted to spend my virtual time in a pleasant place, not something full of corpses and gore, so I took Tora's hideout and bought some trees. Then I realized lvl 7 Tora's hideout is too small for my needs and changed my concept to dark gardens, located around a mysterious building (preferably palace). I already had half of the hideout decorated when the contest started and it costed me too much work to just remove it, so I decided to stay with my "gardens". I wanted to make a whole story, but nothing came to my mind, either I don't know the PoE lore well enough (YET) to write a story based on it (I am not fluent in English enough to understand whole vendor/lore dialogues without translating, unfortunately).

1.View from the waypoint after entering hideout. I dislike the awful Solaris dirty floor so decided to cover it with the tomb floor. The terrace is very simple but that's what it meant to be.

2.In the shadow of arc leading to the path, which connects two remaining terraces.

3.Stairs at the Upper Terrace

4.Upper Terrace. You can see one of many Palace's backdoors between the plants.

5.Stairs between terraces

6.Lower Terrace. Tools for work with smelly and dirty things which can't be done in the Palace.

7.Lower Terrace. Fragment of the path around corrupted water. You could think it's similar to the sheets cannibals use, but no! That's real stone! The red liquid is, obviously, the corrupter water, not the blood like you could think.

*I don't know the proper word in English, I guess it's something between 'terraces' and 'terrace gardens' ;>
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Sep 22, 2015, 2:23:56 PM
Void Culler's Trove, Enlightened Hideout, Warbands

Hello everyone, and thanks for your attention. For your convenience, all image captions are contained in spoiler tags.

I like to think of this hideout as a pseudo-natural subterranean space, working off the concept of mapping in Path of Exile. Zana's maps are phrased to players as fragments of reality that have been made unreal through the influence of Nightmare. They have substance like the more "natural" or "uncorrupted" areas of Wraeclast, but they also often display subtle, dream-like modifications when compared to the zones they use as bases. I tried to use the feeling of the map environments to guide the aesthetic of my hideout design. This hideout presents a space that partially resembles an area in the Solaris Temple, but it is fused with cave and forest spaces and fragments of Vaal structures. From this in-between space my culler launches her expeditions through the void into zones of even greater unreality--the maps themselves--in search of wealth and power.

Fullsize

Spoiler
Fittingly, the Master of Dead greats us at the entrance of the Trove. Death transcends time and space, creating a powerful means of transport. Caterinna, grants us access to this hideout through the pathways of death.

Fullsize

Spoiler
Tora awaits us in the next room at the foot of a displaced Vaal pyramid. The jungle space she occupies is a more "natural" version of the room Caterinna occupies. Perhaps the un-decayed version of Caterinna's cave-forest. Tora's tools and hearth surround her.

Fullsize

Fullsize

Spoiler
Elreon occupies a small, windswept study located through other side of the pyramid. Traditionally many divinities reside atop mountains or tall hills. It should come as no surprise that Elreon, as a crusader, should choose this elevated and secluded portion of the hideout to commune with his God. Shafts of cold, uncertain light filter from the left and contrast the warm glow of a candelabra. This locale could almost be considered cozy, but the entire scene is subverted by the constant presence of void space in the background.

Fullsize

Spoiler
Moving out from Tora's jungle, we descend toward the heart of the Trove, and the culler's amassed wealth begins to appear.

Fullsize

Fullsize

Spoiler
The Heart of the Trove--heaped at our feet lie the amassed spoils of a relentless campaign into unreality. Through a curtain of tropical greenery, we catch glimpses of the chasms surrounding this treasure chamber, reminding us again that this wealth was gathered from from nothing. Meanwhile, the true treasure sits half-submerged in a pool of water: the map device. Only items with intrinsic usefulness have significant value in trade among Exiles. In this sort of economy, a device that allows one to travel through realities is priceless. It completely nullifies the imprisonment of exile by opening an infinity of doors.

Fullsize

Spoiler
The gates open; the void awaits.
Last edited by Gorgy on Sep 19, 2015, 1:17:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info