Chronnoisseur wrote:
Personally, I would prefer 4x map drops than 4x uniques

+1
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
Ralphy12 wrote:
"
We're heading to Diablo 4: Path of Exile aren't we?

No man! Diablo 3 has a terrible game at the core, 4x a super rare drop rate is still rare, those uniques enable really fun builds, it isn't a crime for it to be more plausible for more people. Mjolners and Shavvs don't instantly make the game trivial like super crazy legendary drop rates in d3 do. They will still be very precious items.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but who know? Since the start of Awakening I've always felt like this game being Jay Wilsoned. A lot of non logical balance change, bad map drop rate, monster overtuned and shit. And now this.

Btw, I can't say anything now cuz the change is still on paper. Gotta watchout for it for a few months to see how it effect the game. I hope it will be good.

Nothing special here, just random thoughts

Spoiler
People seem to be overlooking it. These "endgame uniques" were meant to be rare, and super rare in some case. They're the ultimate prize a player can achieve, they hold the power that little to nothing can surpass. They can generate passionate, happiness, anger, hatred and salt (lol). Have you ever had something good dropped before? Like a Soul Taker? a Kaom's Heart? or event an Alpha's Howl when those item still strong and rare. You mouse over things on the ground and suddenly your heart jump out of your chest. It great isn't it? For me it took more than one year and thousands of map to find a Shav. The feeling is just too good to be true.

I have to admit that I'm exaggerating things here, but if they make everything too easy to achieve then there will be no achievement at all, just some random rock on the ground and in your hand.

Sry for bad English.
"
StephanLogan wrote:
x4

99% of server still won't loot a shavs.
I don't expect any market changes at least for the next 2-3 months.

dumb logic.
It's not really about "more people having virtual items in a leisure hobby".
It's about the fun of finding said items and it will become less fun to find something that is easier to find, just like 99.99% of all the uniques we already find and vendor instantly is very not fun.

It's about an end game that should be an end game, and so on.

All I think is that this is a change with potentially great impact and an uncertain outcome, be it good or bad, and should be treated with due respect and care; I hope they will revert the changes or reduce the multiplier from 4 if the result is bad.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Only legacy and good corrupted equipment will sell for more than 10ex after this. In the long term this is not a bad thing.

That's not a bad thing at all. People will be dropping these items, some will keep, some will sell, god of flipping in Standard will still be flipping them, the rest of us will just keep playing the game. Nothing really changes, only prices will go down.

The bad thing is that dropping T1 uniques will be like dropping Saffell's Frame now. 5 times every week. Meh. The only things worth grinding for in PoE now are level 100, 1000 race points and Headhunter. Everything else? Meh.

You clearly play with 10 000 IIR and 2 000 IIQ. Build enabling uniques will be more available to everyone. They will still be so rare that you will get excited when they drop, as long as they still have some value.

Keep in mind that as the prices drop, demand may also actually increase as people who didn't even bother with a mjolner/LL build, for example, may set their sights on these newly-obtainable items. It's therefore unlikely that prices for these items actually get quartered. Good rares will still be as good and as rare as they have ever been. Magic finders will find many more items, but so will everyone else. The ratio of items between magic-finding/not magic finding will remain the same.
"
camapngu133 wrote:

Maybe I'm just overreacting but who know? Since the start of Awakening I've always felt like this game being Jay Wilsoned. A lot of non logical balance change, bad map drop rate, monster overtuned and shit. And now this.

You aren't wrong. The team in charge of balancing the game now is different today compared to two years ago. The new mentality is the carrot on the stick philosophy. Don't give the players too much and make everything a moving target. If player power is too strong, balance it through item drop changes or make good rare items hard to roll. If players find a great MFing strat, nerf it because it wasn't intended or because it was too good. If someone finds a great build that is unkillable, nerf it because players in hardcore are meant to die.

This philosophy is different compared to Open Beta where GGG made a great game and didn't have moving targets. Sure, it was still hard to maintain maps and T1s were still hard to find but you could be sure that GGG wouldn't nerf your new found MFing method or OP build because it wasn't "intended".
Last edited by hacp on Sep 1, 2015, 9:01:20 AM
At last!!! God tier uniques are going to drop more frequently. Thank you very much.
Playing game for 1,5 years and so far my best item was pledge of hands (with 122% roll...)
[Removed by Support]

Cry a little more it's so damn funny !
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 9:46:49 AM
"
trapnaRrr wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Cry a little more it's so damn funny !

^ Right! :D
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 9:47:23 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

It's the content that is gated behind trade wealth, Chris.

Drops were RNG, while that RNG could be overcome with trade wealth, it could also be countered with time, or left to what it is, luck, that wasn't bad, that didn't need fixing, that was about as 'aRPG' as this game gets.

Content access and progression is pretty much hard gated behind trade wealth, that is about as far from 'aRPG' as this game gets.

These changes to T1 drops while leaving mapping in the mess it is just tells how little clue GGG have.

What now? Running around in mundane content with more T1 uniques?

/FailFish

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 1, 2015, 9:35:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info