Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

Very nice change!
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Mar 5, 2023, 7:24:41 PM
So for the first time I get super rare items in the game, I get both from the same zana map! soul taker and pledge of hands(159%), sadly prices dropping like crazy every day.
GGG;

Please look at your map drop rates. I personally have the view that the map drop rates can improve slightly.

Cheers
Looks like I'm the only person that feels indifferent about this? On one side the feeling of fining something 'rare' will be less intense + prices of uniques will drop even more but on the other side I kind of like it and maybe I see a orangish base drop I've never seen before.
Conclusion is : picking up rares (and then I don't mean uniques) will be more important if you actually want to make bank. But I hate selling so for me it's all the same.
Good, because this really hard to drop the cards more desire, only drop common cards, I played 12 maps Graveyard and had no letter from Astral Plate on 12 maps played and played with my Ranger tornado Shot MF.
"
Pirt wrote:
Very cool!

cant wait to see these items :D

You cant wait for the cool items to lose the touch of coolness is what you mean I think... Sigh... Farewell rare uniques...

Increasing the drop rate of "cool" items will only make them more bland... At the end of the day no one will benefit from this, the people that did find them in the past will no longer value it as much finding them... The reason why it was cool finding them because not everybody had found them 5 times already, which no longer will be the case... Let it rain?

I found 3 mjölners, 3 windrippers, 5 crown of eyes and a shavs in 1.3... This was without multiclienting or having mf heavy gear. Times that by four... Go figure if you'd be happy finding an item for the 12th time (which btw will have no value after this)...

Terrible mistake imo.
Sweaty_ballz - Lv 1 solo - Leveling is too easy - Twilight strand for life :)
Last edited by schebab7 on Sep 10, 2015, 10:24:06 AM
"
schebab7 wrote:
"
Pirt wrote:
Very cool!

cant wait to see these items :D

You cant wait for the cool items to lose the touch of coolness is what you mean I think... Sigh... Farewell rare uniques...

Increasing the drop rate of "cool" items will only make them more bland... At the end of the day no one will benefit from this, the people that did find them in the past will no longer value it as much finding them... The reason why it was cool finding them because not everybody had found them 5 times already, which no longer will be the case... Let it rain?

I found 3 mjölners, 3 windrippers, 5 crown of eyes and a shavs in 1.3... This was without multiclienting or having mf heavy gear. Times that by four... Go figure if you'd be happy finding an item for the 12th time (which btw will have no value after this)...

Terrible mistake imo.

So you had a lucky season and think its going to be 4 times that? Thats not how maths work. Compared to me thats insane, all leagues since anarchy (or was it domination) including hc+sc leagues I have found 1 soul taker and 1 crown of eyes (consistently 100%+ mf except in hc around 50%). Far too little for far too much time lol. In comparison I have found 4 exalts this season lol. What have you found in 2.0? I have found a rumis and a prism guardian :p

Another issue to consider is that if GGG is to continue to favour 3 month temp leagues then they're obviously 25% shorter than a 4 month league, meaning that without extreme luck/trade you could only afford one of those items at the end of the league, a cycle that repeats itself each league. One month less is a big difference, because by month 2 you may feel all your unlucky grinding hasn't been worth it and you lose interest. Also, most of these items are not game winners per se (you still need to complement them) but special build enablers. More people should have access to them by the end of a league if they have put in the effort. Its simply a question of fun and being rewarded.

As for the effect on permanent leagues I think this is a mute point. The longer the game lives and the more leagues finish more items/currency become 'available' there anyway. I have nothing against players that only play permanent leagues, but it's the very nature of these leagues that their economy is stale and 'warped' (the price paid for permanently accessing a character and gear).

(Having said all this if GGG had 2x T1 drops and 4x T2 drops I'd have been perfectly happy. I guess we'll have to see how the next leagues pan out, I'm curious! Worse case scenario they can always change the drop rates again, wouldn't be the first time).

Last edited by Drakkon1 on Sep 11, 2015, 9:50:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info