Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

Guys saying it's becaming casual and consider themselves as HC players can leave this game. This is insulting !

HC players sense has never been spending 5k hour in a game.

HC players originaly were players able to finish a game faster than others ( and in a brilliant way ).

So to all fashion victims claiming they are HC players and this game shouldn't be for casuals don't forgot who is going at work each morning and spent money to maintain this game alive while you are profiting of it with your " 5k hours ".

Best regards ! Patch deserved !

Hf :)
Well I dont expect to get a drop of those t1 unique, juste expect this change will decrease their cost and make them more affordable :D
"
Chris wrote:
Many of these items are important components of powerful end-game builds. While we like the fact that those builds take massive effort to complete, it was probably too much. Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

hmm, after a little more than three years: previously gated behind trade wealth
I neither expected nor saw this coming.
I mean the goal not the specific changes or whether those changes would actually affect anything.
This can be a tough call.

Anuhart OR trading, trading rules if you are playing temp leagues.

I opened a shop only once, during a one-month league I think, and made up to a stack of exalts.

Thank you GGG for PoE and good luck.

Selçuk
I don't think it is a good idea to make top tier uniques more affordable. It would be better to introduce new uniques which make builds also possible but with drawbacks. Im afraid increasing the droprates of these top tier items will make a lot of common items useless wich then shrinks the content of the game. Its fine if there are only a hand full of players which own Shavronne's Wrappings.

Or in other words. With increasing the droprates of top items by a factor of 4 you decrease the longevity of the game by the same factor. If People think they dont find enough stuff for their builds better fill the gaps inbetween with new stuff. Top tier items can't be rare enough, if one guy finds them during a league its enough.

"
randi wrote:
I don't think it is a good idea to make top tier uniques more affordable. It would be better to introduce new uniques which make builds also possible but with drawbacks. Im afraid increasing the droprates of these top tier items will make a lot of common items useless wich then shrinks the content of the game. Its fine if there are only a hand full of players which own Shavronne's Wrappings.

Or in other words. With increasing the droprates of top items by a factor of 4 you decrease the longevity of the game by the same factor. If People think they dont find enough stuff for their builds better fill the gaps inbetween with new stuff. Top tier items can't be rare enough, if one guy finds them during a league its enough.

I smell somone is mad in here ;)

This is a good joice! many players playing 3 years or longer that could never afford a Shavs or similar item.
Great change... now if we can just get you to be a little lighter with the nerf hammer when you balance end game builds...

Still, great to hear. I might actually come back and play for a spell. In the meantime, I am off to go play a game that is rewarding my time and effort. I expect to be bored of it within a month. see you then.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
randi wrote:

I smell somone is mad in here ;)

This is a good joice! many players playing 3 years or longer that could never afford a Shavs or similar item.

i think randi is right..

it will be nothing special to find a very-high-class-toptier item anymore..

the days youll find a special item - cant use it - sell it for curr - afford a whole char with it are over..

isnt it part of the game to work hard on trading to afford some special items ?
isnt it part of the game that special-very-hard-to-get-items do even exist ?!

when u can afford a mjoelnir or shav for 4ex (on hc).. isnt it the wrong way?!

that decision destroys the market.. sad days for traders
Guys, keep calm and dont cry!!

The real trade-game is veeeery far from being able to buy a Shav's or a Mjölner. For all the standard league guys in tears: real engame trading business is about LEGACY or MIRRORED items. Do any of you think seriously that the top of this game is getting a Shavronne's?? C'mon... they just made the trip easier to the people joining the game this days, and of course, people who start at the new leagues or players that cannot play 7h/day. What is the problem of top uniques getting more common and more cheap? You can still make currency trading them, that's for sure. And I repeat, the real struggle at the endgame items is far from t1 uniques. There are plenty objectives further... c'mon

Gj GGG ^^
GGG just throwing a bone in form of increased drop rates (which everyone here should be against, because "we are hadrcore, D3 -> that way"), to curb down the awful 2.0 retention...

You want people to actually want to play the game, not the hamster wheel? Fix mapping, cause it still makes zero sense from "difficulty / expenditure / progression" pov...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
You want people to actually want to play the game, not the hamster wheel? Fix mapping, cause it still makes zero sense from "difficulty / expenditure / progression" pov...

Agree that map drops has been the first reason leading to leave the game since 2.0.
I'm sure GGG is investigating the community feedbacks regarding to that.

Honestly i don't think playing with numbers as always is enough anymore.
Decrease drop rate and people will be way too angry ( as i'm now ) increase them and they will ask to increase them again a week later.

This is not the first time situation like now happen and when i see this endgame still the same when many good suggestions has been made in two years i wonder why nothing ( nothing " globaly changing it " ) has been done.

Maybe time to change a bit the way endgame work isn't it ? :)
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 4, 2015, 12:36:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info