Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

Let me paraphrase Aim_Deep here: 4x better dressed, but still no place to go. Mapping sucks, GGG, and by extension the game sucks. I dont need Shavronne to be stuck in 73s maps for 100 hours...

"balance movingtarget"
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
who is still stuck in 73s ? seriously ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Gottron wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
So they FINALLY realized that players that has played the game since even before the official release and STILL havent found ANY high tier uniques at all even though playing more that 8 hours a day maybe deserves to find at least one of these in their lifetime.

Increasing droprates of high tier uniques by 4 times is WAY to little.
I will probably still never find any of those items even though playing high level maps at 180mf hour after hour every single day, year after year.

One thing is very suiting to this game though and its the company game.
Grinding (for) Gear Games

But it should probably be

Grinding for Gear Games and never find them anyway
And then they have really hit the thruth.

Chris said in Q & A to a player who did play many hours every day at high level with high mf that he eventually will find all these exceptionally rare uniques.
But it dont think this will ever happen even though they have raised droprate by 4 times.
Not even if playing for 20 years.

If i ever find even one of these uniques, i will take all this critique back but i dont think chances are high that will ever happen.

Never seen drop: any Exalted, Eternal (when they drop) or Mirror, any T1 unique items or something valuable from start Warband and i played like 38 DAYS (with /played chat command)! how long until i will find anything worth pick up?

Oh, Exalted orbs you will find.
They arent so rare, just play on and you will find several.
I found like 4 in Warbands league so far.
T1 rare uniques are WAAAY rarer and i have never had one drop and i played since before release of this game (years of playing several hours dayly)
Mirror of Calandra is even rarer to drop but thats more OK since there should be something this rare that isnt a build enabeling thing.
Wait? that's 2 of my 'suggestions' in 2 content updates? (small buff changes to map drops 74-79, and buffing slightly drops of the rare uniques - not so much that they become as easy to get in the past, CJ Belly; Rats etc - but at least a decent objective to go for especially in temp leagues). AWESOME. PURE AWESOME.
(and effectively 4 times as many high end uniques could make them, especially nearer the end of temp leagues, somewhat attainable for those that made a fair effort - aka not a no-lifer effort lol).

Maybe I should press my luck and suggest that aura reservations drop as they level (eliminating the need of the ODIOUS enlighten and much easier to control). Nothing to lose I guess :p

Loving these biweekly content tweaks, above all it feels like GGG is (instead of using a hammer like in the past) tweaking stuff that needs it, but without overdoing it. After all, they can always re-tweak later anyway.

(PS. for those worried about T1 dropping like rain thats ridiculous, 0x4 is still 0, kinda like 79+ maps :p )
^ you may not find exalts its rng.

I have found none with 83, 81 in tempest and 84 and 71 in WB.

Hell I only found 3 with multiple character in the 90s in 1.5 years here.

But I dont complain about that either. I do find sellable rares so its ok.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 1, 2015, 10:16:13 AM
"
kcstar wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

It's the content that is gated behind trade wealth, Chris.

EVERYTHING is gated behind trade wealth, TheAnuhart.

LIFE IS GATED BEHIND TRADE WEALTH. FUCK.
I suppose that GGG expects you'll all be able to trade for the high maps with the extra shavs you're going to find now!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

It's the content that is gated behind trade wealth, Chris.

EVERYTHING is gated behind trade wealth, TheAnuhart.

Nope, as explained, time, grind, luck could get you any of these T1 uniques. That's actually fitting to the genre.

It's unbelievable that GGG could see a problem with T1 uniques being gated behind trade wealth and leave mapping the mess that it is. They lessened what could at a stretch be called a soft gate and left a hard gate.

I mean, they up the drop of T1 uniques with the wording 'more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth', yet the appropriate content for these builds remains HARD gated behind trade wealth.

WTactualF? Did that really just happen?

You had your luck in beta, collected all these nice legacy T1 uniques and you are never forced to trade for them at any time... you probably have snowballed your wealth with legacy mf gear, even now you have better chances of getting this juicy T1s ... good for you. I have not found a single one in 3000+ hours

On the other hand maps... I personally have absolutely no problem with maps/map progression... and I have not bought a single map since 2.0

This game's RNG can be punishing like hell and if this becomes SLIGHTLY (!!) better, I am on the hypetrain and do not care about any rich mens concerns.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
morbo wrote:
Let me paraphrase Aim_Deep here: 4x better dressed, but still no place to go. Mapping sucks, GGG, and by extension the game sucks. I dont need Shavronne to be stuck in 73s maps for 100 hours...

"balance movingtarget"

Such exxageration. 73s? Honestly? 76-78s, especially solo, I could maybe agree but thats just flaming.
(74s are uncool maps, they could use some more linear ones for variety. Just a minor gripe though).
So after a few years I now might have a chance of finding something myself, nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info