Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

"
kcstar wrote:
I do my zana daily and bought at the beginning of 2.0 new 74s

Zana can only give you a max of a 75 map.

We are not talking about the same 'appropriate content' here.

Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
I do my zana daily and bought at the beginning of 2.0 new 74s

Zana can only give you a max of a 75 map.

We are not talking about the same 'appropriate content' here.

As said that was my START(!!) ... when people say they are stuck in 73s... I never did because of that.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
i support the sentiment but its a little too late this league
So basically you're going to throw the concept of item scarcity out the window [Removed by Support]

This is a clear example of why it's important to design for your intended audience, not your audience. This game clearly has gotten more "accessible" over the years, increasing the audience, and increasing the screams for more garbage changes like these. "Wah wah I want more maps! I want more items!" These are the cries [Removed by Support] who don't understand that the longevity of the game depends on most people not getting to level 100 or having top tier builds, ever. And GGG is listening to them.

Consider Diablo II, the game whose footsteps you have followed so well. Do you know what killed off the long term population of that game? Duping. Once the previously super rare high runes were made to be common, everything became more accessible and the scarcity of the top tier of items made progression a joke. People suddenly found that they'd done everything, tried every meaningful build variant that had any appeal to them.

The only reason I can see for GGG to make a change so contradictory to the game's original design is money. These changes obviously serve to draw a wider audience. A wider audience means more money for GGG, both from new players and from players who previously liked the game, but didn't like it enough to spend money on it. This change to the core of the game itself, and at the expense of its original audience feels like more of a money grab than any cosmetic effect or supporter pack ever could. Please, GGG, please reconsider.

Progression is important. Item scarcity is important. Striving towards an item that very few players around you have is important.
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 11:56:41 AM
How about T2-3? lightning coils, Carcass Jack and PoH?
Git R Dun!
Holy shit! GGG finally realising that ridiculous grind =/= fun. Did hell freeze over?
When I found my Mjölner I wasn't "OH SH*T I'm RICH", I saw all those vids on reddit with super cool mjölner builds and thought "I can do one of those now!"

I got excited because of the possibilities I got with the item, and not because it cost so much on poe.trade .

When I find something to sell I'm excited because this can fund me a new build which is so much fun. I'm on 2600 hours now and found 1 T1 unique, I guess finding one T1 every 650 hours doesn't spoil me at all.

I would play some of my more fancier builds even when Windripper or Mjölner would cost 1 chaos, because they are so much fun in itself. I don't need to be super smug to know I'm one of the few XXXX players who have this specific item.

I'm always happy when my friends find something good. It's much more fun to run maps with ppl. who are excited by the game.
"
MosesXIII wrote:
So basically you're going to throw the concept of item scarcity out the window [Removed by Support]

Holy Hell, the drama queens have come out in full force today.

You make it sound as if everyone who hits lv 80 on a character is going to have a mjolnir, a shavs, a pledge, etx. Four times an increadibly small number is still an increadibly small number.

If you take the experience like I have had (playing since open beta and never seeing a T1 uniwue drop) it's pretty obvious that these items will still be scarce, just less so.

And besides, if the rate is determined to be too high, it'll just get nerfed.

Tl;Dr the sky isn't falling.
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 11:57:23 AM
wow wtf 4 time more its insane...
Last edited by keta on Sep 1, 2015, 11:45:36 AM
"
MosesXIII wrote:

Holy shit you people must not be playing the same game that I play. I have been playing for closing in on THREE YEARS. I have played well over 2,000, maybe even 3,000 hours. I have found ONE chase unique EVER - a Mjolner right before the nerf.

And how is this at your expense? Your fun is ruined by item drops? I mean, you must honestly be joking.

Four times this number means that in THREE YEARS I would have found maybe a Kaom's, a Shav's, let's say a Soul Taker, and that Mjolner.

How is that ruining item scarcity?

Have you ever even played this game before?

This change is great for everyone except people who will never be happy anyways.

Love it.
Team Won
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 12:03:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info