Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

It's the content that is gated behind trade wealth, Chris.

EVERYTHING is gated behind trade wealth, TheAnuhart.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Unique drop rates didn't need fixing, map drop rates do.
All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

daaaaamn jsut when i was savingto make a lowlife mjollner build this come out :P perfect timing
Kogollo
10/10 This is one of the best changes I have seen in this game. People are still able to make insanely powerful builds through min maxing (said wealth gating) but it allows the more casual players to play those cool builds that are just that step above normal game play.
not so super excited about this, what this indicates about your design philosophy, will have to think about where this is headed and decide whether I want to stick around and watch you guys get ground down by qq, until this game resembles an idle game you set to farm while you play something else. I wouldn't blame you there is surely a much larger audience for such games, I just don't want to watch it happen.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Sep 1, 2015, 9:40:34 AM
Revert the map rate back to before awakening and this game becomes godly.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
"
kcstar wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

It's the content that is gated behind trade wealth, Chris.

EVERYTHING is gated behind trade wealth, TheAnuhart.

Nope, as explained, time, grind, luck could get you any of these T1 uniques. That's actually fitting to the genre.

It's unbelievable that GGG could see a problem with T1 uniques being gated behind trade wealth and leave mapping the mess that it is. They lessened what could at a stretch be called a soft gate and left a hard gate.

I mean, they up the drop of T1 uniques with the wording 'more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth', yet the appropriate content for these builds remains HARD gated behind trade wealth.

WTactualF? Did that really just happen?

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 1, 2015, 9:49:30 AM
About time... thanks Chris!
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Thanks a lot! This is certainly the most unexpected patch note I've seen in a while :)
Tier one is still going to be less common than tier two uniques correct? (It's not like I find a drillneck/pledge of hands everyday).

I don't know, I don't see this as d3ification, d3 has no difficulty standard, it has boring stats (Get my str up WoW style), and has OP set items that trump everything else. The crafting system in d3 is nonexistent compared to poe. D3 doesn't even have a skill tree???

GGG has said in the past that they like the drop rates of build enabling uniques to be slightly higher. I play quite a lot, and I DON'T TRADE. However, with strong MF gear and a high chaos resist/low life set up I can farm uniques pretty efficiently. Maybe I can go from just watching mjolners on streams to maybe playing one myself, and if not, it's still okay.

I'm sure with 4x this drop rate everyone will be downing uber like it's nothing right? No guys, this game is incredibly well balanced, and this game has been a GODSEND compared to d3, I think we can trust this company.

Thank you so much GGG, if you do go back on these changes, just make a permanent solo self found league where they are in place and I'll be there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info