Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

Don't really know one way or another about the drop-rates: (crazy-rare) *4 ~= (crazy-rare)

But if your prob is people leaving, well:

1) Respect their game-playing experience/ time SPENT: i.e. murdering, and I really mean that word, entire realms of builds with each, and every, update... bad thing: bad!

I used to try and get my dead builds up and going again. Now I utterly no longer CARE: several THOUSAND hours of time - poof.

More than that: what used to be a finely tuned machine, turned into a rather silly & pathetic cripple... [head-shake]

Why, on earth, do you people refuse to think how that kind of experience, ==MULTIPLIED==, FRAMES how players feel about PoE?
PoE is great - as long as you ignore PoE... [o]_O
I often wonder if GGG is (still) located next to a lead-foundry... sure would explain a whole lot.

2) Since none of this is free, respect the damn money spent on the damn packs: [Removed by Support]
I.e. hold freekin survey's, and RANK replies by total-moola-spent on the game. Unless you are all coming into some Obama-stash, that would only be, well, sane, right? The whole 'paying customer' thing, right?

3) Take note that it is very easy to LOSE trust/ respect. Spin-doctoring is something people HATE. Combine that with a dash (or rather a lot of dashes) of secrecy... and what you have is raw distrust, which will spin off into making assumptions based off of inferred evil.

Oh. And unless you have eventual plans to turn PoE into a FPS game - which would be rather amusing - kindly note that wiping out entire classes of players (cough - balancing around low latency, cough - pet peeve), is perhaps a bad idea.

Just saying. Again. Although there is ever less point in writing these posts...
IGN: AngelicWitchy - CET+2
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 8:38:20 AM
400% is just way too much, please reconsider.

Even in Domination where Shav's were 80 ex, it still felt acceptable, and it felt damn good to own a top end unique.

now Mjolners and shav's are already fairly cheap, you're gonna turn end game items into a triviality!
There are already only a few items left worth over 10 Ex, now there's gonna be none, and even less incentive to farm!

This is a really bad change!
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Sep 1, 2015, 8:22:38 AM
Seems like drop rates are already too high.

Fix maps plz. I can't even maintain 78+.
Git R Dun!
Looking forward to uniques dropping more for something like shavs.
6L'n will still takes luck or significant chunk of currency. Super rich people can always take advantage of price crash+increased availability to vaal more common unique into an exceptional piece.

I'm way more likely to keep playing now if this update does enable me to have more character build options available to me due to increased unique drop rate.

I really really really hope the chancing odds got improved on uniques to be in line with this change, i've been chancing every occultist vestment i've dropped mapping since the start of warbands (in addition to sinner tricorne+penetrating arrow quivers for their respective uniques) chancing has felt like a waste of time and I swear its just a currency waste and would never recommend to anyone to do it (done over 1k attempts on things combined).

Very happy with more divination card drops+more new ones on the way, I have almost half a stash tab of div cards (many obviously incomplete sets), but it is a very visible indicator of progress.

Trying to consistently get higher than 75/76 maps because of the map drop rates (even when rolled+modded) is still horrible in this game though.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Sep 1, 2015, 8:21:29 AM
"
CoronaBunny wrote:
Don't really know one way or another about the drop-rates: (crazy-rare) *4 ~= (crazy-rare)

But if your prob is people leaving, well:

1) Respect their game-playing experience/ time SPENT: i.e. murdering, and I really mean that word, entire realms of builds with each, and every, update... bad thing: bad!

I used to try and get my dead builds up and going again. Now I utterly no longer CARE: several THOUSAND hours of time - poof.

More than that: what used to be a finely tuned machine, turned into a rather silly & pathetic cripple... [head-shake]

Why, on earth, do you people refuse to think how that kind of experience, ==MULTIPLIED==, FRAMES how players feel about PoE?
PoE is great - as long as you ignore PoE... [o]_O
I often wonder if GGG is (still) located next to a lead-foundry... sure would explain a whole lot.

2) Since none of this is free, respect the damn money spent on the damn packs: [Removed by Support]
I.e. hold freekin survey's, and RANK replies by total-moola-spent on the game. Unless you are all coming into some Obama-stash, that would only be, well, sane, right? The whole 'paying customer' thing, right?

3) Take note that it is very easy to LOSE trust/ respect. Spin-doctoring is something people HATE. Combine that with a dash (or rather a lot of dashes) of secrecy... and what you have is raw distrust, which will spin off into making assumptions based off of inferred evil.

Oh. And unless you have eventual plans to turn PoE into a FPS game - which would be rather amusing - kindly note that wiping out entire classes of players (cough - balancing around low latency, cough - pet peeve), is perhaps a bad idea.

Just saying. Again. Although there is ever less point in writing these posts...

I have no idea what you were trying to state in your post.
Last edited by Rachel on Sep 1, 2015, 8:39:18 AM
We had a fun joke between my group and how it took 3 years before each of us got a T1 drop and that is not for lack of farming nor playing. So we expect to see our next T1's in 11 months :P

Me: rampage - mjolner
Friend 1: warbands - kaoms heart
Friend 2: standard - goddess sword
Friend 3: T.T
"
hacp wrote:
This is a huge 180 from the stance they had before the awakening. I remember clearly Qarl said that players were getting perfect gear too quickly and GGG needed to slow down the rate of GGG gear dropping so the overall gear level of players will progress at an "intended" level. They liked the idea of having awesome unique being rare and almost impossible to get.

It seems GGG's idea of "intended" was far out of line with what was actually fun. It was smothering. It seems to be a worrying pattern. They've had to reverse their stance on map drop rates, A4 difficulty, and now unique drop rates. Maybe they need more testing in beta to make sure that the game that is released live is actually fun to play rather than testing this stuff on live servers by using players as unwilling beta testers.

If you trade you can get perfect gear quickly. Thats the whole problem with increasing drops to a SFL level. It's also why D3 was stingy and only after AH cancelled could they open the flood gates and increase drops of legendary.

I have never found a T1. Dont even care because I trade. I've owned Mjölners at various times tho.
Git R Dun!
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Bingo.

Good change.

+1. So many of my friends have left due to the wealth wall. :(
ugh
Last edited by NeonIcon on Nov 18, 2015, 2:54:46 AM
x4

99% of server still won't loot a shavs.
I don't expect any market changes at least for the next 2-3 months.
Last edited by StephanLogan on Sep 1, 2015, 8:41:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info