Item Rarity

So for buffing a maybe dead post to the top, but as far as i understand the gem, it should work on totems aswell. Why the hack i never see this gem then on suggested builds, when it increases the drop rate significantly?
any more new concerning the "die by degeneration" and "this gem" ?

I use poison arrow and this gem.... the cloud does not trigger the "additionnal bonus"

could you confirm again please.

Also I want to be sure about this support gem mechanics
- if i use lightning arrow ... are the "chained" mobs killed are count as killed by me and I get the bonus ?
- poison arrow cloud ?
- fire trap "burning patch" not the "first hit bomb"
- explosive arrow explosion AOE

etc...

could we get more information please
Onslaught.
No need to post the same stuff twice, especially when the threads are basically in the same place :/
It feel like that the skill anger also fucks up the drops. Could i get any confirmation about that?
Last edited by isand on May 18, 2013, 9:19:14 AM
"
isand wrote:
It feel like that the skill anger also fucks up the drops. Could i get any confirmation about that?

No you won't because there's no reason whatsoever that it would.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Make this gem uncolored with no stat requirement. It makes very little sense for something that is related only to drops that is universally useful to be related to a specific stat.
"
Bergtau wrote:
Make this gem uncolored with no stat requirement. It makes very little sense for something that is related only to drops that is universally useful to be related to a specific stat.

Agreed! I always find it odd that the two MF gems are tied to Int and Strength. Shadows and Rangers need not apply for MF (unless you're super rich and can afford to drop thousands of chromatic orbs on rolling the right sockets on gear).
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
systemdown wrote:
"
Bergtau wrote:

Agreed! I always find it odd that the two MF gems are tied to Int and Strength. Shadows and Rangers need not apply for MF (unless you're super rich and can afford to drop thousands of chromatic orbs on rolling the right sockets on gear).

It's been suggested multiple times, and didn't find an official thought on it.
On my marauder I pretty much had all red gems/sockets. All strength. And then this (IR gem) dropped. It just rubbed me the wrong way:
- drop dmg increasing support gem
- precious passive point on +30 int to equip
- chrom some 4-5 link into a blue socket with reds
- stuck on leveling the gem up because it needs more int (more passive points in int)
- screamed "go sporker/summoner/culler or go home"
Edit:
- I hear it dosen't work well with infernal blow. FML

+ side. I can now think about getting other blue gems even thought I didn't really needed
+ challenge accepted and accomplished

Profit..??

Dex chars have it worst even.

On related topic maybe other general purpose support/aura/curse gems could be 'neutral' color?

Also, necroposting FTW. :D

thanks for reading
Last edited by Snookdog on Nov 7, 2013, 4:16:45 AM
+1 to making IIR/IIQ gems neutral. Makes no sense to have them the way they are, very limiting and biased for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. Completely arbitrary. Please fix this, it's clearly a design flaw.
IGN: NuzzyFipples
Item Rarity and Double Strike do not work properly together.

I found a Rarity Gem with my Witch, linked it to Firestorm => yellow and blue rain of items + orbs, great
Got one with my Shadow, linked it to Double Strike => nothing, I made 4 dock runs and 3 different zones for testing, really nothing (and yes, the gem was properly linked)
I transferred the gem to my ranger and linked it to Split Arrow => yellow and blue rain again, works great

So, Double Strike seems not to work with this gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info