Item Rarity

"
patirce wrote:
Ok, so, this has been asked several times in the past, but there have been several patches about it, too, so now I'm confused and can't find an accurate, *recent* answer.

Poison Arrow + Item Rarity.
Does the IIR bonus apply to the monsters killed by the chaos cloud ?

The unofficial wiki says it works with any DoT, but as a proof, they give the link to the 1.0.6 patch notes, which only talk about Item Rarity now working with Righteous Fire.

Does anyone have an answer, and a link to a dev post stating it ?

Thanks !
It works.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
_BADKARMA_ wrote:
I have read that IIQ on gear does not apply to maps, can someone confirm if this is true for IIR?

Thanks

This is one of the most common misquotes floating around. IIQ applies in maps, but not to map drops. Same for IIR.

What that means is your IIQ on gear (and with legacy gems) will get you more non-map items when you run a map. IIR performs the same way.

"
Beelzebob wrote:
really sure that this gem only works on the Killskill ?

But i can use them on my casted Zombi Minions ? or work it only by my Skills ?
If you link an IIR gem to a zombie your zombies have better rarity, but if your zombies don't get the kill then you don;t benefit from it.

Likewise if you put IIR in your, let's say, fireball your kills with fireball and only fireball benefit from increased rarity. But your zombies, if they get kills, don't have said increased rarity.

IIR will work for essentially any non-DoT damage source you can create. But only the damage source you link it to.

hi,

sorry to bump this old thread, but i have some questions in this gem, as i'm a new player in this game.

so, i decide to link IR with Hatred + Herald of Ash + IR. the icon of Herald is shown a new small icon to the top right, and some new note comes up in HoA skill notes/info. this is to my knowledge, IIR works with HoA, my question is, since IR only affect on any monster slain, does this mean that i got wrong info from IIR to my HoA.?

because i don't see any increase in my misc chara info tab that says that my IR is, eg. 50++.

and another experiments i did is to put IIR in my 5L attack, cyclone + BM + LL + FA + IR. again, the cyclone icon on my skill icon is updated with 4 more smaller icon, and the info says 50++ IR to slain monster. but this too, doesn't show on my chara info tab.

did i do something wrong here..?

thx in advance for your reply.
"
onnymaru wrote:
because i don't see any increase in my misc chara info tab that says that my IR is, eg. 50++.

Select Herald of Ash first.

Of note: when linked to Herald of Ash, it will only apply to enemies killed by Herald of Ash, ie. the Ignite on kill. It will not apply to kills with Cyclone.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
onnymaru wrote:

Select Herald of Ash first.

Of note: when linked to Herald of Ash, it will only apply to enemies killed by Herald of Ash, ie. the Ignite on kill. It will not apply to kills with Cyclone.

thx for your reply,..

that's mean that to get my IR bonus, i have to kill the burning ones, right.?
The Ignite has to do the killing. If they are Ignited by Herald of Ash, but the last point of Life is removed by Cyclone, the IIR linked to Herald of Ash will not apply.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Ignite has to do the killing. If they are Ignited by Herald of Ash, but the last point of Life is removed by Cyclone, the IIR linked to Herald of Ash will not apply.

oh, okay..

if i'm using it with ice herald, and i make them freeze and shatter by, let's say with my tornado shot, does this also cancelled the IR bonus..?
Yes. Only enemies that die to the ice explosion from a nearby shatter-kill will drop with increased Rarity.
What about the new combo gems Essence drain+Contagion? If I put IIR on contagion and both dots are present when mob die, what's happening?
If anybody is still wondering about the previous question, though I'm not sure, I think the answer is whichever dot was applied first (assuming both are still active at time of death).
Hi a question about IIR and IIQ in general:
I'm playing Pizzablast MF and use the Ele Prolif gem and Ele Conflux from Elementalist to get burns/ignites.
Does my IIR/IIQ applie to enemys killed via the proliferated burns?
Because it seems only my flameblast gets my IIR/IIQ and mobs that die via my burns seem to drop alot less items.
I'm ghostbusting with 380IIR/100IIQ and the difference is pretty noticable.
I don't know if this interaction is bugged or I'm just unlucky, but I'm farming since 4 days and I really think theres an issue with prolif and MF.

cheers
EXALTS>EXAMS
Last edited by skieZ on Jun 11, 2016, 11:34:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info