Item Rarity

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2021, 11:49:12 PM
I've never tried to stack IIR or IIQ from items so far, but i feel the bonuses from this gem isn't worth the increased mana cost and the support gem slots, their bonus are too low and you can easily get similar bonuses from items (that would even benefit every skill).
Of course everything adds up, but i'd like to see a higher bonus for constantly wasting mana, utility and kill speed (which i would get from other support gems).
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Dec 12, 2011, 7:00:36 AM
This does not seem to affect currency items, with worn % at 172 and skill over 60% I have had better luck without any mod. This only seemed to affect Blue/White drops. Is this an intended mechanic? Quantity mod seems to have a more noticeable effect.

Lvl 60 witch
0.9.5 feedback below this post

"
acrisius wrote:
This does not seem to affect currency items, with worn % at 172 and skill over 60% I have had better luck without any mod. This only seemed to affect Blue/White drops. Is this an intended mechanic?

Yes it's intended. +Item Rarity improves the rarity of items (less white, more blue/yellow/unique). +Item Quantity increases the number of drops (e.g. currency).
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I like this support gem. I'm not sure how much it adds, but at lvl 9 it only increases my split arrow (lvl 14) to 20mp (which also has lvl 11 faster attacks linked).

It works great with mobs. I whittle them down with a poison arrow or two and finish them off with split arrow. The difference in quality is pretty clear.
"
KurzedMetal wrote:
I've never tried to stack IIR or IIQ from items so far, but i feel the bonuses from this gem isn't worth the increased mana cost and the support gem slots, their bonus are too low and you can easily get similar bonuses from items (that would even benefit every skill).
Of course everything adds up, but i'd like to see a higher bonus for constantly wasting mana, utility and kill speed (which i would get from other support gems).

Linking this support gem to a skill doesn't actually seem to increase the cost of the skill at all.This is quite nice since my mana pool can't sustain my skills with the better support gems

Currently level 41 witch with 81% increase in rarity drops from gear and 50% from the gem. for the moment the highest increase on an item I found is 24% (in a single mod) so the 50% from the gem at level 6 seems quite a decent amount.

the support gem doesn't stack

131% total gets me an average of 3-4 rares per map
Last edited by karatekameel on Jan 12, 2012, 5:15:21 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
THESE GEMS ARE TOO RARE... you find LINKED sockets everywhere but to find any "support" gem is like winning the lottery, watching a polar bear and an anaconda tag team against a small child and lose, 48 hours of perfect world peace and a dead celebrity coming back to life for one show all within the same week... they seem THAT RARE...

Edit can we get a +X% Gem find please?
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Last edited by cybrim on Mar 2, 2012, 3:20:28 AM
I was curious about the level progression of these gems. It seems that you get very little increase to the +item rarity as you level the gem, so little that it hardly seems worth it to actively try and level them. If I get another of these I will purposefully NOT level it so that I can move it between characters of different levels without having to worry about lvl reqs.

Is this slow progression an intentional balance issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info