Item Rarity

Did anyone make the experience that the combination of Item Rarity+Item Quantity ( in my case combined with Arc) wont drop ANY items?

I spam Arc to make 100%sure Arc gets the killing blow, but only 1 out of 15 monsters drops an item.
I experienced that without this combination Items drop more frequently.

Not sure if this is something personal and I may be crazy, but that is how it appears.
hi all

maybe this question has been asked and answered befere, if so please be so kind to direct me to that thread. If not then here is the question: why doesn't item rarity work on flame totem? I use my flame totem as my tank while i spray firestorm. I have item rarity on firestorm and it shows i have 50% more item rarity, i have flame totem with item rarity and i doesn't show up. I've tested the theory that one can't have 2 item rarity's on a character, but that isn't so bacause if i replace firetotem with any other skill it shows up inmediatly. Hence my question: why doesn't item rarity work on totems? I hope it's a bug that needs fixing.

Regards
Nailstaber
the support gems for drop quantity/rarity do work on the totem, they are currently not displayed because of a minor visual bug.
thank you finally a descent answer!thanks for claryfying that , Mark
"
F4ll0u7 wrote:
Did anyone make the experience that the combination of Item Rarity+Item Quantity ( in my case combined with Arc) wont drop ANY items?

I spam Arc to make 100%sure Arc gets the killing blow, but only 1 out of 15 monsters drops an item.

Not sure if this is something personal and I may be crazy, but that is how it appears.

I use both on my Firestorm and i've seen and increase in drops and in rares. Maybe you need a rabbit's foot, dunno
"
F4ll0u7 wrote:

I have the same feeling. I'm sure I get significant less items with a my arc witch, then my ranger. So many champions and rare monsters just doesn't drop anything.

Could there be a problem with shocked status, eg. the dmg from arc alone is not enough to kill the mob, but it has 3x shocked so the dmg is increased, the mob dies, but rarity and quantity increases are not calculated because the initial dmg was not high enough to kill the mob?

Another possibility could be the chain mechanic, does the rarity/quantity bonus work when a mob dies as the last one in a chain line?
Last edited by Zark on Feb 14, 2013, 6:59:37 AM
Are this and Quantity gem still not working with DoT:s or did you allready manage to fix that, from the short while i used a poison arrow linked with both supports it did seem that i got more and better drops, but that could easily just be placebo effect.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
only work on-hit on-kill. so sadly not DoTs so far explained.
what about Traps linked with this gem.

for example bear trap and fire trap, does the initial hit have to kill the monster or the floor fire dmg count as well for the kill to have that rarity support.
Last edited by Whitenight on Feb 21, 2013, 8:20:26 AM
"
Zark wrote:
"
F4ll0u7 wrote:

I have the same feeling. I'm sure I get significant less items with a my arc witch, then my ranger. So many champions and rare monsters just doesn't drop anything.

Could there be a problem with shocked status, eg. the dmg from arc alone is not enough to kill the mob, but it has 3x shocked so the dmg is increased, the mob dies, but rarity and quantity increases are not calculated because the initial dmg was not high enough to kill the mob?

Another possibility could be the chain mechanic, does the rarity/quantity bonus work when a mob dies as the last one in a chain line?

That is a good question. I have felt that aswell, killing a rare and nothing is dropping and you are going "wt.?"

I'm a summoner with arc, so I can't really tell who's last hitting but it have happend many times that a rare is not dropping anything at all. Seems strange according to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info