Added Fire Damage

I really wish this skill would effect spells like added cold and lightning do. I see no reason for it not too.

The gem does work on Spells though.
Of course, if your Spell deals zero Physical damage to begin with, the gem also adds zero damage; no matter how large a multiplier it is, zero stays zero. :)
would Added Fire Damage, Chernobog's Pillar, Hrimsorrow Goathide gloves, Lightening Strike, Infernal Blow when used in whatever combination make it 100% elemental damage?
even if the total convert percentage is above 100%, it'll be 100%. then skills get higher priority than equip based converting, reducing gear based converts proportionally.
Also of note; Added Fire damage is not Conversion, so it's quite irrelevant there.
"
Yautjalv426 wrote:
would Added Fire Damage, Chernobog's Pillar, Hrimsorrow Goathide gloves, Lightening Strike, Infernal Blow when used in whatever combination make it 100% elemental damage?

Nope, the conversions are done sequentially. I don't know how it determines the order but it converts in the fashion:

effect 1, say Lightning strike, converts 50% of physical damage
then effect 2, say hrimsorrow, converts 25% of the remaining physical damage, so only 12.5% of the original damage

A third effect, say Chernobog's pillar converts 25% of the remaining 37.5%=9.375% of the original damage

The remaining 28.125% of damage will still be physical damage. Of course the order the system applies conversions will determine which element you are dealing the most damage in(and I don't know the specific order used).

And then after all conversions are applied Hatred and Added fire damage are calculated off that remaining 28.125(so they will actually add less then 1/3 of the damage they would have added if the base attack had done 100% physical damage).

In general it's a better idea to use added fire damage support & hatred Aura if you aren't converting any of your physical damage.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
bilun wrote:
Nope, the conversions are done sequentially. I don't know how it determines the order but it converts in the fashion:

then effect 2, say hrimsorrow, converts 25% of the remaining physical damage, so only 12.5% of the original damage
[etc]

This is flat-out wrong. Conversions always applies to the Base Damage, and are done at the same time. It's really easy to see if you'd actually used some high-Conversion builds. *shrug*
Related: this comment by Mark.

"
bilun wrote:
And then after all conversions are applied Hatred and Added fire damage are calculated off that remaining 28.125(so they will actually add less then 1/3 of the damage they would have added if the base attack had done 100% physical damage).

Also wrong. Damage-Based-On is calculated before Conversion is applied.
Ice Shot gains the same amount of Cold damage from Hatred as the Normal Attack; it also converts 40% Physical to Cold. Again something that is easily observed.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 14, 2013, 7:04:23 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
bilun wrote:

[etc]

This is flat-out wrong. Conversions always applies to the Base Damage, and are done at the same time. It's really easy to see if you'd actually used some high-Conversion builds. *shrug*
Related: this comment by Mark.

I have to agree partially with bilun based off the quote you linked, viper.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Conversion on the skill is always applied at full value. Other conversion from gear, etc is scaled to fit the remaining space. So in your example, lightning arrow still converts 50% to lighting, the other two scale down evenly to fill the remaining 50% (so roughly 17% and 33%)

The skill always converts from the base damage, but the items convert from the physical left from the skill conversion.

It doesnt say if a second item would only convert from the 33% physical space, or 50% from after skill conversion though.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 28, 2013, 3:03:54 PM
"
LostForm wrote:

I have to agree partially with bilun based off the quote you linked, viper.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Conversion on the skill is always applied at full value. Other conversion from gear, etc is scaled to fit the remaining space. So in your example, lightning arrow still converts 50% to lighting, the other two scale down evenly to fill the remaining 50% (so roughly 17% and 33%)

The skill always converts from the base damage, but the items convert from the physical left from the skill conversion.
That's not what the quote says.
All conversions are on the base value. The amount of conversion from items is scaled down in the specific case where the total conversion would be greater than 100%, so that converting damage never makes new damage.
gotcha, sorry for misinterpretation. Makes sense. skills always get their face value of conversion, but items may be rescaled to convert less of a percentage as to be capped at 100% total conversion.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jun 26, 2013, 12:51:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info