Added Fire Damage

does this add fire damage to summoned minions' attacks?
"
Darkfyre wrote:
does this add fire damage to summoned minions' attacks?

yes
EDIT: SORRY I LOOKED WRONG! THIS IS FOR THE ADDED ELEMENTAL DAMAGE GEM, NOT FOR FIRE!

i have 2 of these gems and 1 has +10 quality. It adds 5% extra elemental dmg.

HOWEVER, this doesn't work how it should be it seems. My highest lvl one (lvl 16) gives:

+76%

The one i picked up later (+10 quality) is now lvl 12 and gives:

+72% with 5% extra

how is this being calculated?

Because when i wear the 76% one my damage output is a little bit higher than when i wear the lvl 12 one while i expected it to be the other way around.

Maybe its being calculated differently, thaughts?
Last edited by masteralbert on Dec 16, 2011, 6:47:50 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

after patch when linking this support to any bow skill geting like 5% physical damage decreasing.

Updated.
Sorry was something wrong with game client after relogin its shows correct damage stats.
Last edited by ykyshaeq on Dec 23, 2011, 8:43:04 AM
It's currently possible to link this support to Spark. I imagine this is unintended. It does increase the mana cost, but does not add any damage.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
It's currently possible to link this support to Spark. I imagine this is unintended. It does increase the mana cost, but does not add any damage.
This is a damage gem, and can be linked to any gem that deals damage. There are a few gems that can deal damage without currently having any way to get them to deal physical damage, but making a separate category for those gems would be a) time consuming for little gain, b) very confusing for people once we have gem categories showing on the item popups, and c) hard to maintain correctly as we add more ways to add/convert damage and get more ways to put different damages on skills. There may well be ways to get spark to deal physical damage in the future.
Added Fire Damage affects damage dealt, and it will convert some of the physical damage of the gem to fire damage. Linking it to a skill which isn't dealing physical damage is a non-optimal, but possible action.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 16, 2012, 6:45:41 PM
Gotcha. Makes sense :).
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Can we get a version of added fire damage that works similiar to added lightning damage?

Sucks that my light witch can get a nice elemntal dps support for her main skills, but my fire witch can't.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info