Added Fire Damage

Yes. It used to be possible for certain builds to convert 150% total of their physical damage to various elements with certain skills, which meant they were getting a free 50% damage from out of nowhere - this was broken enough that we had to fix it, and we figured that the skill you were using converting some should take precedence, and the other sources should scale to fit the remaining damage such that only 100% could ever be converted.
I'm just wondering, would the increased fire damage from a quality Added Fire increase the fire damage you get from equipment and Anger or just the damage from Added Fire? And does it increase the damage if you link it to a Fireball(the quality bonus, that is)?
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"
keyarchan wrote:
I'm just wondering, would the increased fire damage from a quality Added Fire increase the fire damage you get from equipment and Anger or just the damage from Added Fire? And does it increase the damage if you link it to a Fireball(the quality bonus, that is)?
yes to all edit: with the exception of that the support cannot link to the aura, it links to a damaging skill and then it'll anger's amount will get boosted.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 10, 2013, 12:35:51 PM
if I deal 100 physical damage, and use a level 1 gem to add 20 fire damage, if I ignite something is the burning status based on 20 fire damage or 120 total damage?
Status ailments check their respective damage types, the rest is ignored.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 2, 2013, 11:44:27 PM
Added Fire and Infernal Blow interaction.

Fire Damage added is based on the final Physical Damage dealt value or on the Physical Damage before Infernal Blow Conversion?

100 Base Physical Damage
Infernal Blow 50% physical convererted to Fire
Multistrike and Melee Spalsh 53% less DPS
Added Fire - 30% physical damage added as fire

First scenario:
50*0.53 Physical
50*0.53+50*0.53*0.3 Fire

26 Physical Damage
33 Fire Damage
Are these the correct values? Added Fire adds in this case 13% Damage

Second scenario:
50*0.53 Physical
50*0.53+100*0.53*0.3 Fire

26 Physical Damage
42 Fire Damage

In this case Added Fire adds 30% Damage

Sorry if this has been asked before, I can't find the answer to this.
Damage Based On is calculated before Conversion. It always applies to your Base Physical Damage. (All) Multipliers are added after Conversion.
Does anybody know if the damage from added fire stacks with the damage from anger aura when calculating the ignite? would the ignite proc just off of the added fire damage or would it proc off the sum of the added fire+anger damage? I know that ignites don't stack but if you deal fire damage from 2 sources in one hit does the ignite deal a % of the damage from the largest fire damage source or all the fire damage you dealt in that hit combined?
By the time Ignite is calculated, it's just one chunk of Fire Damage; there is no distinction between separate sources anymore, because they are no longer relevant.
After reading through this thread I'm still unsure how the increased fire damage from quality works.

My example is with summon raging spirit, which is minion, melee, and converts 50% of its physical damage to fire. Say I have 80% increased minion damage, and 20% increased melee phyiscal damage, and 100 damage per hit. I want to support by a 21/20 Added fire: 40% of phys added as fire, 15% increased fire damage.

A) Increased fire applied at the end: Base phys = 100*(1+0.8+0.2)=200. 40%=80 Added as fire. 100 converted to fire. Then finally we're left with 100 phys and 180*1.15 (increased fire)= 207 fire.

B) Or increased fire applied initially: 200 Base phys. Converted part 100*0.5*(1+0.8+0.2+.15)=107.5. Added part 100*(1+0.8+0.2+.15)*0.4=86 fire. Total 100 phys 193.5 fire.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info