4 offcolor sockets on gloves? IMPOSSIBLE

"
clan_iraq wrote:
The game is not improved by having certain color combinations take a 1/10000 chance to roll

You don't understand. The 1/10000 odd is an open way to tell you that you should NOT do that. They could easily as well just block it totally to never happen but GGG love open systems. So there are things like that that exist but are not supposed to be reached except if you're a really hardcore grinder or whatever. It's much more interesting to not forbidden things but make them extremely unlikely to be reached, it creates stories, anecdotes about the first guy who did it, the first item found like that, etc...

The same goes with a lot of things in this game. Many players should just acknowledge the fact that there are features in this game that are absolutely not mandatory and not reachable without massive playtime.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 5, 2015, 10:10:18 AM

I got 4r in my Maligaros in less than 100 chromes. Needless to say I was pretty surprised.
"
Miathan51 wrote:
So it's insanely hard to roll 4 offcolor in a 4 socket item. Does anyone know how hard it would be if I need 4 offcolor in a 5 or 6 socket item? Is that more reasonably doable?

I'm not sure about in a 5S, but in my experience it's easy enough to get 4 off-colors in a 6S... Of course, they may not be the colors you want.

I was going for these exact colors. Got comparatively lucky and did it in under 400 Chrome with Vorici's 1B1R recipe.

I was definitely not going for these colors. They just happened to roll and I kept them.

So, it's not impossible to get 4 off-color sockets on gloves, it's just HEAVILY based on luck.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Aug 5, 2015, 10:19:44 AM
"
Diphal wrote:

Some supports should be white, that would help.

+1000
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
titiAlf wrote:
Why would you 6B Vaal Axe? What is good about spell caster running with axe instead of staff (or wand)? Where is logic in that? If item tells you that it will probably roll certain colors then you can take advantage of it. Why do you insist on doing things the hard way, when there is easy way to do it?

Why do I want to offcolor a volls protector, an item critical (ahem) to the build I am playing, so it can fit the quite mandatory gems that make it work at all? I cant swap out a volls for an evasion/es armor without losing a link and making maintaining power charges harder. I want to get a color combination that would cost on average 1000 chromes, and I'm very willing to pay 1000 chromes to get it. Or to put that in line with the jewelers/fuse, Id pay 1300-1500 chromes no sweat. But no such buyout option exists. ive pissed nearly 4000 chromes into an item with no results

Is this GGG telling me I should not be allowed to link these gems in this item? Is this a sign of a healthy game, that all my currency has vanished to pure RNG just in pursuit of allowing me to use the skills I want- not to gold plate a character with mirror quality gear? Is this what PoE is supposed to be about, log in, grind for an hour, vendor alts to fuse, trade fuse for chaos, trade chaos for chromes, throw some dice and back to square one, with an armor ive already 6 linked sitting uselessly on a bench?

This is "interesting" and "making stories"?
Last edited by clan_iraq on Aug 5, 2015, 10:41:28 AM
"
clan_iraq wrote:
Is this GGG telling me I should not be allowed to link these gems in this item?

Yes.

"
clan_iraq wrote:
Is this a sign of a healthy game, that all my currency has vanished to pure RNG just in pursuit of allowing me to use the skills I want- not to gold plate a character with mirror quality gear?

Yes.

"
clan_iraq wrote:
Is this what PoE is supposed to be about, log in, grind for an hour, vendor alts to fuse, trade fuse for chaos, trade chaos for chromes, throw some dice and back to square one, with an armot ive already 6 linked sitting uselessly on a bench?

Yes.

In a RNG game, it is pretty silly whining about the RNG...

I have another argument that is in line with yours...
"Since I have a 23-linked gem combination that is required for my build, I should be able to have it!"
Last edited by Cyzax on Aug 5, 2015, 10:41:48 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
clan_iraq wrote:
Is this GGG telling me I should not be allowed to link these gems in this item?

Yes.

"
clan_iraq wrote:
Is this a sign of a healthy game, that all my currency has vanished to pure RNG just in pursuit of allowing me to use the skills I want- not to gold plate a character with mirror quality gear?

Yes.

"
clan_iraq wrote:
Is this what PoE is supposed to be about, log in, grind for an hour, vendor alts to fuse, trade fuse for chaos, trade chaos for chromes, throw some dice and back to square one, with an armot ive already 6 linked sitting uselessly on a bench?

Yes.

In a RNG game, it is pretty silly whining about the RNG...

You realize this perfectly encapsulates what people answer when I ask them why they dont play PoE and call PoE players autists?
"
clan_iraq wrote:
You realize this perfectly encapsulates what people answer when I ask them why they dont play PoE and call PoE players autists?

*shrug* Different games, different audiences.

All that you're really doing is that you want to change the rules of the game because they don't suit you...
This is like a football player wanting the offside rule cancelled because he would gain from it being removed, and not considering that rule is there for a good reason.
When I stopped playing CoC with Voll's it wasn't because of socket colors. If your build requires odd colors then it's hard build to play. Builds I enjoy usually cost under 10 ex. Why would I make a build that will sink equiv. of +10ex in chromes? Just don't.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
clan_iraq wrote:

*shrug* Different games, different audiences.

All that you're really doing is that you want to change the rules of the game because they don't suit you...
This is like a football player wanting the offside rule cancelled because he would gain from it being removed, and not considering that rule is there for a good reason.

If football was a game where men self flaggellated with dried porcupines and rubbed habeneros in the wounds, I wouldnt play it either. And I'm sure in a world this large, I'd find one delightful fellow who says "Its fine, thats what footballs about, l2p!".

Because the last time I offered advice on this forum, I popped in a few years back and said desync could be solved by letting players choose between a dead reckoning or server broadcast model. And after bumping the thread a while, a few people stuck their heads in, said "Its fine l2p desync is part of the game doesnt need fix ur idea is stupid" or something to that effect.

This game is deeply flawed, largely as a result of crutches used in its development- perhaps the only way a team that size could make a game this ambitious- but also due to avoidable and correctable error. And its sheer nonsense to dismiss the shortcomings of a game when you have the opportunity to fix them. And to GGG's credit, they've been putting up lots of firm architecture and mehanics where crutches existed, they've been prolifically weeding out bugs and adding quality of life features. Did they say "Loot explosions are fine, l2p"? No, they added filters. I think when you dismiss the problems, you dismiss the work being put in to solve them. I imagine working on lockstep and all its screwy coding would feel a lit less appreciated if everyone screamed desync is fine l2p
Last edited by clan_iraq on Aug 5, 2015, 11:05:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info