4 offcolor sockets on gloves? IMPOSSIBLE

"
Diphal wrote:
I don't think that at this time 19 ex spent on rrrr gloves with just 90int requirement is below average.

Oh, so now it is 19EX and 90 INT... It was 13 EX when you posted, and 97 INT on the item you referenced.
13 EX = 4680 chroms at a very generous exchange rate, and the AVERAGE for 4R'ing those gloves is 5320. You are well below...

You also seem to have a very deficient conception of the meaning of the word 'average'.
FYI, 'average' means that 50% of those trying would 4R those gloves below 5320 chroms, and 50% of those trying would 4R them above 5320 chroms.

The facts are this:
- You willingly gambled!
- You lost!
- You now complain that the gamble you willingly went into is unfair (even though you had all the info)

That is you blaming your own actions, but claiming it is GGG who should change the game because of it. Whenever people do that, they've already lost the argument!
Last edited by Cyzax on Aug 7, 2015, 8:50:49 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
Oh, so now it is 19EX and 90 INT... It was 13 EX when you posted, and 97 INT on the item you referenced.
13 EX = 4680 chroms at a very generous exchange rate, and the AVERAGE for 4R'ing those gloves is 5320.

13 ex at the day when I posted this topic (3 days ago). I'm still in pursue of that rrrr u know? Quite weird I have to explain such clear stuff.

90 int was estimate, I knew it is between 90 and 100 but honestly had no will to check it to just mention it again. It was posted many times before even with link of the item.

Anyway, I don't know how you came to that number of 5320. According to Vorici Calculator average chromes needed on pure ES 97 int item is 5,230 chromes when trying single chromes one by one. I'm doing Vorici granted 2r sockets for 25 chromes. Average chromes needed in this case is 1,964. I spent 19 ex already and I buy 280-300 chromes per ex. On average it is 19x290=5510. Check this number, compare it with average of 1,964 chromes needed and tell me again, am I below or above average?

If you can't handle this task, tell me and we will end this discussion right here because otherwise it would be complete and utter waste of time.
Last edited by Diphal on Aug 7, 2015, 1:53:31 PM
"
Cyzax wrote:
You also seem to have a very deficient conception of the meaning of the word 'average'.
FYI, 'average' means that 50% of those trying would 4R those gloves below 5320 chroms, and 50% of those trying would 4R them above 5320 chroms.

No it doesnt. It does for things that follow a Normal distribution, and is also true for a lot of other distributions, but we are talking here about a Geometric distribution, where mean and median are different.

For this specific Geometric distribution with p=1/1964, the mean is 1964, but the median is actually lower at 1360 (see here).

The chances that you need more than 5510 chromes for this specific task are about 6%, so yeah, you are unlucky, but not like obscenely unlucky.

With a more than 50% chance, you will get your RRRR gloves within the next 1360 tries, less than 5 exalt.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info