4 offcolor sockets on gloves? IMPOSSIBLE

Not even close to 140 int requirement.

"
malmeida wrote:
Edit: Why'd you try to roll 4 reds on a non strength based item? With all the currency you spent you could afford to buy the best gear in game with the 4 reds. Brains.

Wth is this. PLease do me a favour and link me equal gloves with rrrr on xyz. Btw I need that bit of dex.
Last edited by Diphal on Aug 4, 2015, 6:19:11 PM
d
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 11, 2015, 10:11:34 AM
Chroming is utter bollocks and theres no getting around that. GGG gave us vorici guarantees for all sockets and links to pit a cap on the cancerous RNG dependence, letting people pay a premium over the average. The vorici colors fall way short. I cant pay 1500 chromes to make my 6L volls into GGGGBB, it costs 1000 on average, I've spent about 3500, and it all wasted, its still not there

There should be a better way to color items, and an upper cap on number of chromes for *any* combination, a 6L high dex/str item shouldnt have 1/100000 chance to roll BBBBBB. But having no buyout option at all for the endgame 4-6 link items that are mandatory to play this game? nonsense
"
clan_iraq wrote:
There should be a better way to color items, and an upper cap on number of chromes for *any* combination, a 6L high dex/str item shouldnt have 1/100000 chance to roll BBBBBB. But having no buyout option at all for the endgame 4-6 link items that are mandatory to play this game? nonsense

No, it is not nonsense... It forces you to make a CHOICE, and doesn't give players an easy way out. Games where you don't have to make choices will be boring...

Plus, there has to be something that burns up currency, or it would accumulate until worthless.
"
Diphal wrote:

You spent 13ex of chromes worth on this? What's so special about these gloves? The high ES? Couldn’t you go with ARM/ES gloves and be satisfied with less ES and more non-gray hairs & exa in your stash?

One of the strategies for "Play PoE And Keep Your Sanity" that I do, is to never brute-force color bias. If you have to have certain colors, then use appropriate biased bases. I'd go to such lengths to adapt the build to the colors, instead of colors to the build (if this is possible). Just to avoid this gambling nonsense.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 5, 2015, 3:52:37 AM
Well in old school RPGs it is not possible for eg Wizard to wield heavy armor or use fighter's skills. This is game mechanics. People ranting about off color sockets are like small child. Without these kind of restrictions there is also no reason to use classes in RPG, is it? This is the way how RPG works - it makes restriction on classes. And PoE has very little restrictions on char classes if you compare it with old school RPGs like Baldur's Gate. If you want to use STR skills then play as melee and use heavy armor.
"
titiAlf wrote:
Well in old school RPGs it is not possible for eg Wizard to wield heavy armor or use fighter's skills. This is game mechanics. People ranting about off color sockets are like small child. Without these kind of restrictions there is also no reason to use classes in RPG, is it? This is the way how RPG works - it makes restriction on classes. And PoE has very little restrictions on char classes if you compare it with old school RPGs like Baldur's Gate. If you want to use STR skills then play as melee and use heavy armor.

Jeeeesus. Are you seriously arguying that wizzard shouldn't be able to use str based skills because it would make sense in real world?

Then you perhaps should think about some gems and how much they are relevant to their stat base.

For example - I need Vaal Molten Shell, Increased Duration, Fire Penetration and Life Leech.

Expecially Increased Duration is sooooo warrior based support gem, right?...

Some supports should be white, that would help.
Last edited by Diphal on Aug 5, 2015, 5:42:17 AM
"
Diphal wrote:

Then you perhaps should think about some gems and how much they are relevant to their stat base.

For example - I need Vaal Molten Shell, Increased Duration, Fire Penetration and Life Leech.

Expecially Increased Duration is sooooo warrior based support gem, right?...

Some supports should be white, that would help.

Strenght and "Increased Duration" makes perfect sense. More strength - more combat stamina - longer you can sustain exhausting skill. Reason for these restrictions is simple. In Baldur's Gate one of the strongest skill was "Use any item". The very reason why thief was so strong in that game. If you allow all classes to use everything - what is the point of class? It is supposed to be role playing game. You use spell caster's item so it is harder to use fighter's skills - it makes perfect sense in RPG.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
clan_iraq wrote:

No, it is not nonsense... It forces you to make a CHOICE, and doesn't give players an easy way out. Games where you don't have to make choices will be boring...

Plus, there has to be something that burns up currency, or it would accumulate until worthless.

How is any of that not applicable to jewelers / fusings?
Vorici guaranteed 6S6L was added for a reason. It still forces choices when you dont have oodles of currency, its bloody expensive. It still burns up huge amounts of currency sinked into those items. I fact it burns up more currency on average than normal socketing or linking, thats the point.

If chromes were able to guarantee any color combo for ~2000 spent, thats a huge expense, it adds on top of the costs of 6L and 6S and would never be worth it for anythibg other than off-color combos
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Diphal wrote:
Wth is this. PLease do me a favour and link me equal gloves with rrrr on xyz.

You usually have to make some sacrifices when gearing a character. In your case, I would have gone with something like this. You'd lose some ES, but they'd be incredibly easy to get RRRR on. If you need the slightly higher resists, other gear can be changed or you could find gloves with even lower ES but better resists.

If this was stack exchange, this would be marked as the right answer!

OP - it is a painful experience to use so much currency and not get the desired result. In PoE there is usually an alternative way to do things. Just put it down to a learning experience.

Those gloves + the other 12 ex to tweak other parts of your gear probably would've come close to giving you the required result. Those gloves also give you some extra MF!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info