Heavy Strike

Even if it's my primary skill, I feel embarrassed in groups sometimes when im slowly pushing around a boss or whatever. It's even more ridiculous when there are like three people using Heavy Strike with Multistrike... seriously.
I circle around a lot, but with a lot of desync or lag it's just easier and lazier to hold the button in :P
I have been using this skill for a long time. But currently I am thinking about replacing it with another skill, glacial strike maybe.

DPS of Heavy Strike looks the best - on paper. But in practice I end up doing much less dps than I should. Try pushing the mob to the wall then you will see how much faster now you attack and how much dps potential this pushing around costs you. Not to say its annoying.
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
Have been long time since I used Heavy Strike...

When did that huge ugly on-hit bubble appeared?? This alone makes me feel uncomfortable with this skill.

It covers blood, it covers stun animaion, it coverd death animation (I heard it was upgraded in 1.1.0, but never saw it - all covered by that bubble) and when combined with Multistrike and Melee Splash, it creates a field of eye-hurting flashes every time you face more than 2 enemies.

Dear GGG, please either remove this effect or explain the reason behind it.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 10, 2014, 2:43:29 PM
I assume you're talking about the white Cold Damage flash?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I assume you're talking about the white Cold Damage flash?

I created fresh Mara, Heavy Striked the very first crab and that bubble was there.

Here's a screenshot on my melee character that uses Heavy Strike + Melee Splash + Multistrike:
Spoiler

Seems like some things in game got stupidly huge and flashy effects. I noticed that for Heavy strike, Cold Damage, Wand Damage, Viper Strike and Dominating Blow. Posted all 5 screenshots in Effects feedback tread

This is something that should be fixed asap.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 10, 2014, 2:38:15 PM
Oh, wow. Yeah, looks like Heavy Strike's own effect was increased too. Guess I didn't notice myself because I didn't use it without Hatred (which has the huge white flash).
Scion melee build specializing in one-handed swords and attack speed.

This a fantastic skill in all aspects except for the knockback. As much as the knockback is useful, it's annoying. Especially when combined with Multistrike. That combo makes the third attack miss almost always and the second one to miss frequently (at least for single-target attacks). I'd like to see the knockback either nerfed or even replaced with something else like Stun.
This Knockback has to go.

It is not only useless except for some weird niche builds, it is a disadvantage in two ways.

a) you're wasting a lot of attacks because you HSed the monster out of range

b) this knockback desyncs like crazy (I guess it is the knockback). I'm standing in one room, Monsters die in another room while I hit them, and they even drop their loot in a third room.

And this happens all the time, same goes for completly wasted attacks, so with this skill, you have to:
1. build even more tanky because of desynch attack waste
2. build even more mana sustain because of desynch and knockback attack waste
3. build even more damage because of this

It is a wonderful skill with a horrible Drawback and a horrible Animation!
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on May 10, 2014, 11:53:19 AM
It also deals more Damage than any other Attack (and Stuns like a motherfucker). Without the Knockback reducing your attack rate ever so infinitessimaly, it's basically uncontested except by Dual Strike.

It'd also be an exceptionally bland skill.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 10, 2014, 1:23:40 PM
You can totally leave Knockback in if you fix the Desync issue it causes.

But what is the developper's mindset to leave the skill as it is if part of it is not working or causing huge problems?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info