Heavy Strike

This ability strikes hard, we all know that but it does not sound of feel like that, in my opinion it should have a more forceful, intense sound and animation. The number that go along whit it are ok in my opinion.
(@^.^@)
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Nitpick: "Knocks enemies back on hit", should read: "Knocks enemy back on hit"

No potential for AoE or hitting more than one enemy.
Used Heavy Strike as main left-click Focus-dps on my lvl 48 Marauder. From lvl1 to merciless A1 (open weekend).

Dps development: 5 out of 5 stars.

always delivered!

Useability/dynamic: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No complaints here too.

Ressource cost: 4 out of 5

Heavy Strike almost never felt like a useless mana sink.

Fun factor: 4.5 out of 5

Ask the solitary skeleton archers wich were left after i sweeped the melee horde. They saw it coming every time.
Heavy Strike is the main attack for my AoF Templar atm (or was until the public stress test ended :/). It hits very hard and kills most basic enemies with one hit (Act 2 - Normal).
Many people complain about the lack of AoE and the knockback being annoying. I play with an aoe-heavy witch so the first point is not really relevant for me and I hardly even notice the knockback tbh (mb it got scaled down in the newest patch!?).

Overall I like the animation and the 'feel' of the skill.
I'll second the reply from page 1, that the skill says it works with 2 handed weapons, and my ranger was disappointed to have picked this skill during the public weekend to find it really meant 2 handed melee weapons.

I assume I'll eventually get all the skill gems anyway, but it was a bummer to have selected this a quest reward and find out it wasn't useable.
As a new player I've been satisfied with this on my level 13 Marauder. Its my main attack.

"Increased Stun Threshold Reduction" makes no sense to me either. Would "Reduced" make more sense than "Increased Reduction"?

Although I've used it in almost every fight since acquiring it, I don't ever remember seeing a knockback or stun. Of course most enemies die in 1 hit anyway, and the ones that don't tend to be bosses or specials who perhaps are immune? Or maybe those effects are just more subtle than I'd expect.

Great skill, but the knockback can cause alot of missing for you and a teammate. Stunning effect? instead? Alos you can miss if you dont click exactly on a mob will just hit the air all day long.
My Marauder is up to level 34 and in the early stages of the 2nd difficulty level. Still using this skill, which isn't actually much of a recommendation because as far as I can tell... there are no other remotely as effective single target attacks?

Or maybe I just haven't seen them?

Anyway, I'm pretty bored of it now, and it seems like this is fully 75%+ of my attacks, since its usually faster for me to just kill the one target in front of me than to wait or move to position perfectly for a aoe attack.

Wishing I had some other skills to try.
i think this is the default basic 2h melee attack at the moment. the knock-back almost works as a better stun, because it even works on enemies, that are immune to stun, iirc. only complaint would be, that it gets a bit boring, since you basically don't have many viable alternatives.
Last edited by eNTi on Apr 16, 2012, 4:22:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info