Heavy Strike

It's REALLY obnoxious when you knockback things into a wall.

Lost alaria's amulet, weavers spear, and many rare mob kills because of this.

Don't know if its on the GGG radar.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Aug 28, 2012, 10:44:46 PM
I'm not sure if this is a graphical bug issue or intended, but the Heavy Strike animation on 2handed Swords does not display the red arc like it does with a 2handed Mace even though the end result and impact animation are the same. (Just tested)

And if it's not a graphical issue (animation is intended), can you put in the red arc animation? It looks cool and it's a sign that you've executed the Heavy Strike skill.

edit: Just found the regular attacking animation with the 2handed Sword is the exact same as the attacking animation with Heavy Strike, which can't be right. It's somewhat clear that heavy strike is still being performed due to the knockback effect, the impact animation, and the accompanying sound. Devs, please look into this issue.

edit2: Used a 2hand Sword on my Marauder, and the proper Heavy Strike animation played with the red arc following the swing as well as the 2hand Mace. I think this might be an issue with how other classes handle heavy strike aside from the Marauder.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Sep 11, 2012, 12:58:03 PM
The classes don't have specific heavy strike animations for all weapons yet. More animations are constantly being added as they're finished. That's why the marauder doesn't yet have a 2-hand sword heavy strike animation, and thus uses a regular attack animation.
Allright, that's great to know.

Without that red arc, Heavy Strike just seems kinda dull even if it's the most powerful melee ability DPH-wise.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
I'd absolutely LOVE and FROTH AT THE MOUTH if there was a way to make Heavy Strike send my enemies FLYING with huge knockback. But as it stands, even with the fending cluster and added knockback gem, this skill just pushes things an annoying smiedgen away and just hurts your DPS, failing to provide a fun amount of knockback.

If there were a unqiue weapon, another kind of knockback support gem, or if this skill were balanced around the fact if pushed your enemies very far back (based on damage done vs their maximum life) - I'd love this skill. But as it stands, it's outclassed - at least in "funness" by any other single target melee skill.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Maybe have the knockback support also increase knockback force?
Still wouldn't help much, though.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
At some point I've taken to seeing the knockback on Heavy Strike as a balancing factor (ie. a negative on the skill), in trade for it dealing more damage than any other attack. :P It's just so pointless on a single-target attack.
the animation and sound on my sword n board marauder is A+

big wind up, slight pause as if struggling to stabilize the heavy weapon, then BOOM!!!

it's one of those times in video games when I feel like I'm actually in there throwing punches. Super fun, especially for marauders because we signed up to smash things.

reminds me of a nice Darius dunk...

BOOM!!!
this gem was pushed from 50% more physical to 50% more all, wasnt it??

why?
guess added fire and hatred aura needed to shine a bit more for this? lol *shrugs*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info