Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

"
Russell wrote:
"
Therapy77 wrote:
I also posted this in the suggestion thread but then I saw this thread. I think I should post this here as well (I think it should be here anyway).

What I would really like to see in this game is lighting effects for spells. I love dark places like The Crypt and the shadows that are created by my own eminating light are incredible. But for some reason it mildly ruins my immersion that if I send a fireball into a dark dungeon, it will not light up its surroundings. Adding this would create exponentially more atmosphere in the game!

We had to remove them because 40+ lights on screen lagged 99% of players. Would even crash the game in a lot of cases.

That is sad to hear... I like the suggestion to make it optional. My rig should handle it with ease and it adds so much to the atmosphere! If DiabloIII can do it so can you :) you're already doing a much better job than Blizzard IMO.
No one can destroy... THE METAL!
Last edited by Therapy77 on Jan 21, 2014, 6:33:36 AM
The new boss/unique monster highlighting for 1.06 is pretty iffy. I don't feel that it fits most of the areas it occurs in. Merveil, for example, has a lot of carefully selected lighting to accent the riches in the chamber, and it's shattered by a magenta glow effect. There are so many better, less gaudy full-character effects in the game that this almost looks like a bug. Jade/Quartz flask effects for example.
New ice nova effect is really obnoxius, its nice that it shows which mobs are hit by it but the light is too bright and flashy. please tune it down
"
janimauk wrote:
New ice nova effect is really obnoxius, its nice that it shows which mobs are hit by it but the light is too bright and flashy. please tune it down

Theres a new ice nova effect?
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Around the time bloom was added. With regards to lighting MTX's, wouldn't the lighting issues be mostly resolved if you made the MTX only function for the person that owns it/has it applied? No one else is affected by it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 10, 2014, 4:51:25 AM
Already posted in Heavy Strike thread, but I guess it should be here as well...

That bubble that pops up every time you hit something with Heavy Strike is something that makes me very uncomfomfortable with playing a toon who uses that skill.

Bubble hides blood (can't see if I hit or miss), stun animation, and, due to its huge size it also covers death animation (because you are hitting next monster right after first one is done, so you see only first few frames of first monster's death animation).

Now, combine Heavy Strike with Multistrike and Melee Splash and you'll get a flashing field of eye-hearting effects that covers almost everything halfscreen around your toon. Now imagine 2-3 Heavystrikers in a party...

Once again: swing effect, special sound, blood, (possible) stun animation, and knockback are more than enough effects to feel the skill. Please remove the gameplay-affecting eye-hurting bubble.

Here's a screenshot (I specially shoose low profile monsters since they are fully covered)
Spoiler

I also noticed a huge hit effect from wand attacks (Frenzy + GMP + Chain, but effect is not related to skill you use, checked that with wand default attack):
Spoiler

And Cold Damage hits (white claw, default attack)
Spoiler

Aand Dominating Blow hits
Spoiler

Aaand Viper Strike
Spoiler

If that is not bug, please consider real gameplay situations (5-10 attacks/spells per second, each hitting multiple mobs) when designing effects. The ones shown on screenshots make my eyes tire much faster and heavily reduce any fun I could have in this game.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 10, 2014, 2:36:20 PM
Dual Strike
Multi Strike
Melee Splash
Life on Hit
Attack Speed = sub 0.5 (For me, 0.25 or less)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237031454
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237031260

This effect flashes very briefly and at high attack speeds very frequently which is very unnerving to watch. Imagine a pack of enemies, you stand against them and attack, suddenly there are bright flashing lights all around you.

I understand the mechanics behind what makes it behave like this, so I know it will be hard but could you please look in to somehow softening the flashing of the effect under these conditions?

Edit: I can get you a 60fps video if you'd like. (Not tonight)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 10, 2014, 12:53:46 PM
Don't know if that's me living under a rock for too long, but man, Ground Slam and Sweep are fucked too, this time it is skill effect, not on-hit one.

There should be an option to turn off ALL the new effects.

I want to see monsters and their animations and blood and ground and stuff... Not huge popping bubbles or constant fog.
Seriously, 95% of end game toons have 5+ attacks/spells per second which leaves no place on screen for beauties mentioned above.

Oh, and did I mentioned that it affects gameplay?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 12, 2014, 7:55:34 PM
"
Russell wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

it definitely looks different when you cast it and it hits enemies. or then its effect thats caused by chilling the enemies.
Firestorm probably needs a graphic overhaul. The current best use of the skill is to amplify its duration and rate of fireballs (with gem quality and Enhance) and stack a ton of storms in the same spot.

With the current version of the skill this creates a huge red column of lag and destroys my chances of partying with anyone. You can imagine what that'd be like for a Cast on Critical Strike build... Which is of course what I'm running.

I recommend making the fireballs smaller with shorter and thinner trails with more obvious area of effect blasts when they land. Thanks for the consideration.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info