Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

Hello Exiles, i have a suggestion to improve the quality of life in game.
I love to listen to music while playing but, since playing a build that can easily offscreen mobs, i recently re-enabled the sounds of Path of Exile (used to play it mute) to catch orbs/maps/cards dropped off of my sight, and it's very useful.
Since i am listening to music, i've tuned down the in game music, ambient volume and dialogue volume, while i have raised "sounds effects volume" which is the controller of both the drops' sound and the skills sound. Well, here is my problem: it works really well for orbs, i can hear them even if i'm listening to music (having also set their sound level to 300 in my filter), BUT i have to stand the noise of my skill (critical split arrow) which is very annoying.
My suggestion is this: please separate the drops and the skills sounds control in the UI management.
What do you think about?
The preview image here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1414217 seems to depict Light Trail effects, is the tech finally fully implemented?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
How about you make the Effects that are already in the game not to drop in framerates before adding new laggy broken FX?
"
Teletronix wrote:
How about you make the Effects that are already in the game not to drop in framerates before adding new laggy broken FX?
Light Trails would somewhat accomplish that goal. Several effects could be changed to use light trails instead of particle effects which would greatly reduce the load on the video card.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
That effects just a big mesh with a light swooshy texture scrolling over the top of it. No trails involved as im aware. The trails are implemented but their implementation is lacking a lot of features. Darressos fight has a ton of trails. Also all the new projectile effects use trails as im aware.

As for Charans question yes that's a bug. A very very hard to fix bug. We spent a solid day ages back trying to figure out a way around it. It happens because the swivel point of 2 handed weapons is in the centre of the weapon. When your holding one handers its on the hilt obviously. We were going to attach it to the finger joints but all the characters had different joint names. So that wasn't possible. However I believe that has been fixed now? So this may be fixable now. I think its hard coded in though. So now I just gotta convince a programmer to change the bones it connects to around.

Also thank you for that great feedback Teleronix! Though it would be even more helpful if you specified what effects are causing you fps issues.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Thanks for the response.
Computer specifications:
something that already bothers me for months if not even years; i would like to see the radiant weapon effect improved. with 155pts (nowadays) its one of the medium-priced effects but imo its just not strong enough, im using it on a harbinger bow and its barely visible.
if you compare it to another white effect, the ivory weapon effect (which is only 70pts), u'll see that the cheaper mtx is way brighter and you can clearly see it around the whole weapon all the time. with the radiant effect you just see the top of the spikes coming out of the bow.

also if you look at the radiant footsteps, they are way brighter. i think the problem is that the base of the spike effect is the brightest part and for the shoes the effect is placed around or in the lower part of the shoe which makes it brighter. for the bow it seems that the weapon model covers the base of the spikes, covering most of the brightness.

so it should not only be brighter but prolly also larger or re-positioned (at least for bows or gear with a thicker/larger model).
Last edited by rushjo on Oct 2, 2015, 12:16:14 PM
Is this also where you would post about MTX-effects? If yes, spoiler ahead. If not, carry on. :)

Spoiler
Hey,
so I've been noticing this pretty much every time I wanted to use my micro-transaction effects. Some effects don't cover all of the weapon although others cover the same weapons entirely. That is especially a problem when you want to see all of the weapon being covered in the effect to further fit your character when the weapon itself already has its own color-theme.

Example:

What some effects do:

What they should do:

The Lightning weapon effect, however, also doesn't seem to be affected with this issue either, so I can't imagine this being intentional.

I hope that more people feel this is an issue so that there will be something done about this. It really is frustrating to be using axes or mauls and then only have a little dot of MTX on your weapon. :/ I bought them to see their full glory after all.

I'd appreciate if I could get some information on eventual edits on this.
Thanks.

IGN: Vexivian

Vexivian-Loot.filter
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405454
Please consider improving the performance of the Siege Firestorm microtransaction effect for the Firestorm skill. It lowers my fps to the point that I cannot use it during any kind of serious play. The effect's performance cost was more reasonable long ago before spell echo and increased duration allowed many more instances of the effect to exist simultaneously.

Testing was performed in Lush Hideout zone. All means are approximated based on watching my "F1" graph numbers over a period of about 1 minute under the following conditions.

Firestorm skill stats in all scenarios: 0.35 sec cast time, skill lasts 3.2 sec.

1) Baseline with no user input (standing still, nothing happening):
Mean Frame time: 8 ms
Mean Frame rate: 111 fps
Mean Frame time: 16 ms (limited by vertical-synchronization)
Mean Frame rate: 60 fps (limited by vertical-synchronization)

2) Casting Firestorm with basic, unmodified effect for about 1 minute in the center of visible area without pause (multiple Firestorms active at any given time):
Mean frame time: 20 ms
Mean frame rate: 50 fps

3) Casting Firestorm with Siege Firestorm effect for about 1 minute in the center of visible area without pause (multiple Firestorms active at any given time):
Mean frame time: 30 ms
Mean frame rate: 30 fps

In dungeons with enemies, Siege Firestorm frequently drops my frame rate to about 15 fps, while regular Firestorm effect drops my frame rate to about 30 fps (these estimates are rough, based on fewer data).

dxdiag excerpt
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/16/2015, 22:59:19
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150928-1507)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/09/09 13:47:38 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 6282MB used, 10082MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1380&SUBSYS_362D1458&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4041 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1993 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM0656
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5891 (English)
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5891
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/5/2015 10:13:38, 15717864 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-50C0-11CF-EB60-20161FC2C735}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1380
SubSys ID: 0x362D1458
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Driver Strong Name: oem8.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section130:10.18.13.5891:pci\ven_10de&dev_1380
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever to originate anything. It can do whatever we know how to order it to perform.
Hi,

Rare issue:
My eyes are burning after playing for several hours with Arc Lightning(same with other lightning skills) character, same case when I'm playing a character with Immortal Call in CodT(skill is cast much more often then usual). It is so serious that playing any character with any of these skills is impossible to me. Say want you want but Immortal Call in CodT is still OP to me, so that's kinda serious problem.

Never had issues like that with any other game or other skill in PoE and I play a lot. I even went to a doctor to learn about - I have perfect sight.

I thought that it might be contrast issue - so I played with display setting but that didn't help. I also tried f.lux, that didn't helped either.

So GGG, please add alternate skill effect to buy for IC, personally I would pay just for it up to 50$, its such an issue to me. Alt skill effects for lightning spells would be cool too.

Regards
ign - Aerisss

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info