Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

Firestorm graphic is broken. Casting firestorm in any mid level mapping group is an auto-kick. And can you blame them? At best it creates a giant red stripe on the screen blocking all vision, at worst (read: used as designed, as above poster pointed out) you overload graphics and audio processing, with a completely opaque area surrounding the mob.

Lack of Graphics options is absolutely mystifying, and firestorm is the poster child of a disconnect with the priorities of the player base. Speaking of childrens, if you wanted to save them, you could sell microtransactions that completely remove a spell effect. In my estimation this would be one of the top selling items.
I hope that Act 1 will receive a graphics overhaul. First impressions really count.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Freezing pulse animation hurts my eyes :| Its sooo bright, almost pure white pixels on usually very dark background. Any chance this could be tweaked? Turned darker blue/more gray/more transparent?
Transparent would be best IMO, like, setting transparency to 80-70% and turning it blue-ish instead of white - it would adjust to any background. Plus, it would look cooler.
Last edited by benjiwoosh on Aug 23, 2014, 3:53:01 PM
New skin of Glowing Embers decoration is suck. It looks horrible, just too much of dots. Previous form was much better. I hope it's not only my opinion((( Return the previous skin pls.
"
Never1Winter wrote:
New skin of Glowing Embers decoration is suck. It looks horrible, just too much of dots. Previous form was much better. I hope it's not only my opinion((( Return the previous skin pls.

Yeah that's a bug I believe. It should be back to the way it was soon.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but with Herald of Ash (and I assume all the other herald spells), the effect around the hands clips through all shields that actually look like shields, which doesn't look good.

If this effect clipping can't be fixed, perhaps the effect should be removed on the shield hand and only stay on the weapon hand (and remain on both if the character is dual wielding or holding a 2h weapon, or even holding one of the non-shield-looking shields like Rathpith etc. that don't have this issue)?
flame totem above water = amazing

when you place a flame totem around the water the flame totems get a kind of steamy looking effect and it is sooo much better then the original blank flame totem.

i would love if the steamy effect could be made an mtx purchase or something because it looks sooo much more appealing
Flame Surge AoE bug:

I recently started a project with a friend to create builds around Flame Surge and so far it is going really well but we noticed a strange graphical effect when linking it to either Increased AoE or Concentrated Effect.

It appears that the skill effect for FS consists of two separate parts:
a) a flame wave traveling from roughly 90-110% of the maximum range and
b) a fire tendril like effect that marks the damage area.

When scaling up the AoE radius via passives, both effects scale up the same way so you can get a good feedback on its effective damage area, but when linking it with either Increased AoE or Conc. Effect, only the tendrils seem to scale while the wave is unaffected.
This creates a bit of a strange look and almost seems like if the range parameter for the wave part simply ignores the scaling via support gems. The tendril part, however, seems to correctly display the damage range.
So far i don't have any gear with AoE modifiers equipped but i will soon test whether the aoe boni from Carcass Jack and Divinarius produce the same inconsistency.

Below are three screenshots of the same build with different supports linked to FS. The base aoe increase from passives is +20% and the screenshots show the setup with
1. no additional AoE modifier,
2. with lvl 15 (+28%) Increased AoE gem and
3. with Concentrated Effect (-30%).
Spoiler
1. without aoe modifier gems
2. with lvl 15 increased aoe
3. with oncentrated effect
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Hey just a suggestion not really expecting this to get any response. An idea for the Infernal Blow skill: make a personal effect, like the ones you can buy in the store, that changes the exploding bodies effect with a confetti effect. Could be like a birthday release or something. This, to me, just sounds epic.
Fairly new player but loving the game, it's my new addiction. Though a suggestion I have is about the Summon Skeletons and Raise Zombie spells.
When using them the spell effect looks almost firey with black and red colours, which looks cool of course but it doesn't look very necromancer-ish. Looking at the necrotic footprints, necrotic weapon effects and the new necrotic armour set they all have green necrotic effects.

So my suggestion would be to change the red spell effect when summoning the undead minions to green so the spells would have a green and black effect instead, it would fit much more with the other necrotic themed stuff.
Or possibly make some "Necromancer Pack" in the store that would change spells like that to look more necrotic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info