Heavy Strike

Bump for Knockback removal. I usually don't stuck enemies inside wall ( not as often as frost wall do ) but my real dps is far less than the 10k of tooltip because of the hit-knockback-walk-hit vicious cycle...
remove knockback
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
Any word on if this skill will be getting reworked or adjusted in any way?
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IGN: Afflict
:( I was hoping for some changes to this skill with the new release. Looks like there still aren't any. Bummer. Oh well. I was hoping for a tweak with the knockback especially, as do many others it seems. GGG, please do something about this! For science!
"
ammenz wrote:
Bump for Knockback removal. I usually don't stuck enemies inside wall ( not as often as frost wall do ) but my real dps is far less than the 10k of tooltip because of the hit-knockback-walk-hit vicious cycle...

+1.

And it leads to massive desync.

If a mechanic is broken, why would you keep it in the game?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I will also join the chorus asking for Knockback to be removed.

I like this skill, I really do. I have a two-handed mace-wielding, Stun-emphasising Marauder and this is the best single-target skill for the job. Heck, it is a good skill for any melee build, but particularly attractive to me ;) The Knockback is a really jarring mechanic, however.

Knockback is not a good mechanic on melee attacks. Look at Sacred Underworld. Combat Kick was widely regarded as a terrible combat art, because melee knockback was just not useful. The skill has Reduced Stun Threshold, so is already has a hard control element to it. A soft control element, like Knockback, is even more useless in this situation. All it does is force me chase a mob up and down a room until they die, which is not fun.

If it has to have any kind of additional effect (and, honestly, I do not think it does) why not something unique to the skill? For example, Puncture provides the fairly unique bleed mechanic, for a Physical DoT. How about Heavy Strike degrades armour, has a percentage of the damage penetrate energy shield, or some other mechanic that complements the skill? While I appreciate the concept of a skill that hits so hard it knocks the mob backward, it detracts from what is otherwise a great skill.
I'm reasonably certain without knowback it'd either have 140% damage efficiency, tops, or no stun bonus.
Knockback seems like a mechanic to reduce the skills efficiency.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Yeah, knockback should be removed, or turned into quality bonus. Those, who want knockback, will use use quality gem, who dont - nonquality. It's like Lightning Strike & pierce. Some want pierce, other dont (using chain & Mjolner, for example).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Keep knockback. Do not boof.

The skill is interesting with knockback. Removing it would therefore be a worse design. [1] And sure as hell would render all the other melee attacks into relative doo-doo.

[1] Sure as hell nothing is quite as satisfying as setting a boss against a wall and pounding the guy brutally with stun lock. It really makes you feel like a monster.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Nov 23, 2014, 6:04:58 PM
I agree with everybody saying it must be reworked. How about replacing knockback with a long-range splash so it will hit all mobs in a line in front of you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info