Heavy Strike

Main two-handed sword skill is absolute badness because of Knockback. I really cant understand how they think this could work as a melee character.
"
umuk wrote:
Main two-handed sword skill is absolute badness because of Knockback. I really cant understand how they think this could work as a melee character.

Puncture + Heavy Strike, maybe?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Good: The Damage
Bad: The knockback. The sound (after a while it feels like you're just beating a drum). The execution of the skill (why would i knock back an enemy at melee range? I'm trying to KILL them. If you wanted to make a knockback skill at melee range that would be effective and defensive, it would knockback 4-5x further, and be MUCH faster)

Yes even though everyone else is complaining, I'll put my 2 cents in as well.

What the knockback does for you: I've seen one instance where it worked out for me. When piety put the 'storm herald' spell down and i knocked her and me out of it. Of course she just cast another one right after it, but i saved myself .2 seconds of a storm herald... yay

Everywhere else it's horrible. It's almost certain to cause desync, and if the enemy is tanky and you're hitting 5+ times - you're moving WAY out of position (this is generally why knockback is horrible). Besides the desync, it pushes you into more mobs. When you're just trying to kill a rare by itself, you end up pushing him back into more mobs and aggroing them - this is when it gets truly frustrating.

Then of course there's always in group play where you knock them away and out of the path of smaller projectiles from your group, lowering everyone's dps while you push the rare into more mobs.

There are several suggestions, I like the other idea of Rhyse's
-knockback OTHER nearby foes
You might be able to get away with bursting down a rare while it's mobs are knocked back.
Heavy Strike only pushes you into more mobs if you're dumb. You control where the monster is pushed. Slam it against the nearest object and you're not going anywhere, which will also prevent allied projectiles from missing.
You also always can use Double Strike instead. It deals less damage and doesnt reduce stun threshold, but it doesnt have knockback.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Heavy Strike only pushes you into more mobs if you're dumb. You control where the monster is pushed. Slam it against the nearest object and you're not going anywhere, which will also prevent allied projectiles from missing.

What imaginary game without desync or open areas are you playing?

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
You also always can use Double Strike instead. It deals less damage and doesnt reduce stun threshold, but it doesnt have knockback.

I'm aware there are other melee skills, we're talking about heavy strike here.
"
Lucid_ wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Even in an entirely open area, with not a single god damn rock in sight, it's generally easy to circle around the Rare and push it into previously explored territory.

If you're suffering from so much desynch that you cannot even see where you are, that's not a problem with Heavy Strike.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Lucid_ wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Even in an entirely open area, with not a single god damn rock in sight, it's generally easy to circle around the Rare and push it into previously explored territory.

If you're suffering from so much desynch that you cannot even see where you are, that's not a problem with Heavy Strike.

Except unless you're 100% stunning, the mob sometimes moves slightly. So you don't know where you're pushing it unless you spam /oos while you're swinging (which is what i have to do so I don't die).
There's literally no reason that it needs knockback. If you're not aggroing the mob when just being in melee range, there's no reason you should have to go around it, hope it doesn't desync, and push it even further away from other mobs.
a (melee) mob will always go the straightest distance to you, so desync shouldn't ever happen. if you are fighting more than 5 (or 3) foes at a time with a single target skill, there is something wrong to begin with... regardless of game. in a crowded situation, yes desync will happen due to mobs trying to wave around each other in attempt to path.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
a (melee) mob will always go the straightest distance to you, so desync shouldn't ever happen. if you are fighting more than 5 (or 3) foes at a time with a single target skill, there is something wrong to begin with... regardless of game. in a crowded situation, yes desync will happen due to mobs trying to wave around each other in attempt to path.

Seriously can someone link me to where I can buy this game? It sounds so fun without desync

Before you even reply, just read the posts over again, only this time much slower, you are so off point it's sad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info