Frenzy

The skill says "Performs an attack that gives the character a Frenzy charge if it hits"

What if instead it were "Performs an attack that gives a Frenzy charge fore each enemy it hits."

I tried linking it to LMP and Fork on my bow so I could instantly get max frenzy charges since they expire really quickly, however, that is useless with it's current mechanic.

Perhaps raise mana cost to balance this?

EDIT:

Actually, considering how quickly this skill attacks, raising maan cost would just be a nightmare, even with mana leech.

Seeing as how this wouldn't affect the game very much, it can probably be changed without any consequence.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Jul 16, 2013, 5:34:28 PM
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
Seeing as how this wouldn't affect the game very much, it can probably be changed without any consequence.

It would actually be a very impactful change. It'd allow anyone to max out Frenzy Charges with just one Attack, rather than one Attack per Charge. It's tons faster and half a dozen times cheaper.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Fire_Kid wrote:

It would actually be a very impactful change. It'd allow anyone to max out Frenzy Charges with just one Attack, rather than one Attack per Charge. It's tons faster and half a dozen times cheaper.

I suppose you're right. If this were implemented, perhaps the duration of the charge could be lowered. But it's still probably going to be very powerful, and somewhat overpowered.

Mayeb my idea is best left out of this game.

But think about endurance charges, if you cast Enduring cry, you can essentially max out your endurance charges with one cast (if there are enough enemies around). Maybe the Frenzy system could be similar to that of the Endurance charge? Like 1 charge for every 10 enemies it hits or something.

EDIT: But now that I think about it...

Each skill has it's own way of getting charges, so maybe Frenzy is best left the way it is, at least the method of obtaining these charges should be left the way it is.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Jul 16, 2013, 11:02:50 PM
Is there a bug with the quality these days?

Just bought a 18% one, I'm levelling it, it's still level 8 but it should give me 13% attack speed per frenzy charge, while my non quality one gives me 11% attack speed per frenzy charge.

I've tried using both, and they both boost my ROA to 3,32 attack per second with 6 frenzy charges. Why is that?

I also use The Blood Dance, is there a bug somewhere, or do I miss something?

Last edited by Grahf23 on Jul 17, 2013, 1:47:32 AM
"
Grahf23 wrote:
Just bought a 18% one, I'm levelling it, it's still level 8 but it should give me 13% attack speed per frenzy charge, while my non quality one gives me 11% attack speed per frenzy charge.
that stat is while using the frenzy gem. it doens't grant frenzy charges extra effects for other skills. please look on your character window (c key by default) and click charges tab.
Ho yeah you're right, thanks.
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
The skill says "Performs an attack that gives the character a Frenzy charge if it hits"

What if instead it were "Performs an attack that gives a Frenzy charge fore each enemy it hits."

I tried linking it to LMP and Fork on my bow so I could instantly get max frenzy charges since they expire really quickly, however, that is useless with it's current mechanic.

Perhaps raise mana cost to balance this?

EDIT:

Actually, considering how quickly this skill attacks, raising maan cost would just be a nightmare, even with mana leech.

It would be just not fair. Frenzy gives charges quite quickly as it is, and it's reliable (if you have high chance to hit). So, "one charge per attack" rule is ok.
The only build that really wants to build charges fast is Discharger.
Also, frenzy is very expensive ATM (18 mana for pure physical skill with very high attack speed - WTF?), it should be made cheaper.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
If I have the new boots Blood Dance and use the frenzy gem, will the stronger charges from frenzy override the weaker Blood Dance frenzy charges? or the otherway around when I kill something?

in my current build I'm using frenzy and I'm gonna have 7 charges so thought the Blood Dance boots would be great if they dont override my frenzy charges from the skill.
7% life reg *drool*

also is there a unique that increases the amount of max frenzy charges? like that ring that increases how many endurance charges you can have.
Its always in the last place you look
There are no "stronger" Frenzy Charges. There is only one Frenzy Charge, and it grants 5% IAS and FCR by default. Passives can improve the duration and add Increased Evasion.

Re-read the Frenzy skill description for a sec:
x% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge
x% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge

It gains Physical Damage and IAS per Frenzy Charge you currently have -- it does not change what the Frenzy Charges do.

Also, a list of Uniques. :)
(Darkray Vectors)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 23, 2013, 10:07:06 PM
awesome man, now I totally get it, I thought it was the frenzy charge that got better through the frenzy skill, I'm such a doofus :P

wow those boots are wicked good, 16% more dodge chance if I have 8 charges? yes please!

EDIT: I looked at my charges tab and marked my frenzy skill, and the ias changed to 13% and it added a line for phy damage increase per charge and evasion(I have that talent). so obviously the frenzy charges I get from frenzy are stronger than the ones I would get from the blood dance boots.

If it just applied that damage when I get a frenzy charge to the frenzy skill then the frenzy charges wouldnt hanve changed values in the charge tab, right?
I dont have the blood dance boots yet so I cant really test it tbh.
Its always in the last place you look
Last edited by Verb on Jul 24, 2013, 8:12:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info